What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan could start NRL season in reserves after rejecting Super League move

Tiger Shark

Bench
975k?!.... Well f**k me

Assuming those figures are correct. Could be BS. Could involve rep bonuses, incentives.

If correct then f**k me. Good job Flanno

shaggs

Coach
If Dugan never plays again, is there any scenario where the Club pays him?
The club needs to have a set of standards for the entire squad.
Attendance at all training sessions
Do the rehab if injured
Attend games
Wear the right gear
Etc
Etc

if the minimum standards aren’t met, then warnings like any other job. Do it the right way with verbal warning, formal warning and so on and so forth.
If the standards aren’t met and performs ace improved by a certain time, termination.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Josh Dugan has denied suggestions he is faking problems with his knee and claimed he has had little communication with the Sharks since being told he could look for a new club.

.The NSW and Test representative is one of the highest paid at the Sharks and into the final year of his contract with the club, which is reportedly worth $975,000.

It has also been claimed the former Canberra and St George Illawarra star is trying to secure an insurance payout that will allow him to walk away from the NRL.

“All I’m saying is if I’ve been cleared to train, why am I seeing two different surgeons next week?” Dugan told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“The MRIs also haven’t come back clean - they show chronic arthritis and inflammation of the bone and joint.”

Dugan has been told he can leave the Sharks for another club but insists there is little he can do until he has been given the all clear by surgeons.

“There’s been little communication since I was told I could look elsewhere and I’ve gone off the advice of the physio and doctor, so I’ll keep doing that,” Dugan said.

“I’d like clarity around it too. It’s frustrating me more than anyone and hopefully I get that next week ... that’s all I have to say about the issue.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/t...y/news-story/397dfd6dd0419b81e99d7e2491e2ebcc

MilkShark

First Grade
Josh Dugan has denied suggestions he is faking problems with his knee and claimed he has had little communication with the Sharks since being told he could look for a new club.

.The NSW and Test representative is one of the highest paid at the Sharks and into the final year of his contract with the club, which is reportedly worth $975,000.

It has also been claimed the former Canberra and St George Illawarra star is trying to secure an insurance payout that will allow him to walk away from the NRL.

“All I’m saying is if I’ve been cleared to train, why am I seeing two different surgeons next week?” Dugan told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“The MRIs also haven’t come back clean - they show chronic arthritis and inflammation of the bone and joint.”

Dugan has been told he can leave the Sharks for another club but insists there is little he can do until he has been given the all clear by surgeons.

“There’s been little communication since I was told I could look elsewhere and I’ve gone off the advice of the physio and doctor, so I’ll keep doing that,” Dugan said.

“I’d like clarity around it too. It’s frustrating me more than anyone and hopefully I get that next week ... that’s all I have to say about the issue.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/t...y/news-story/397dfd6dd0419b81e99d7e2491e2ebcc
I have no idea whats true and what is not but I see it this way:

The club wants to move him on
He knows no other club will pick him up on is current contract value
He doesn't want to play at all
So is looking to get out on medical terms fully paid to continue Twitch career

Stake Removed

First Grade

So in summary he is not going to play again.

Wants an insurance payout so can collect all his cash right now instead of waiting for his contract to finish, also what is his insurance does it cover potential future earnings.

To me it seems he is not just interested in playing for the Sharks but not interested point blank

sharkman73

Juniors
I'd be surprised if he wanted to stop playing altogether.

Only 29 with no real prospects post footy.

The majority of players would prefer not to retire.

myrrh ken

First Grade
It’s a no from us: Canberra Raiders snub offer to re-sign outcast Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan
RAIDERS

e9f85ac2e3c2c7ac1f4360fa01b850cd

Josh Dugan during his Canberra daysSource: News Limited
Canberra have turned down the opportunity to re-sign former player Josh Dugan as uncertainty grows over the Shark’s playing future.

The $900,000 fullback burst onto the scene with the Raiders, but was fired by the Green Machine after it was revealed he and then-teammate Blake Ferguson missed training to go drinking back in 2013.

According to the Canberra Times, the NSW Origin star was shopped to the Raiders and other NRL clubs, but Ricky Stuart’s side was not interested. Fellow Shark Josh Morris has also sought a move elsewhere, angered at the club’s decision to sign Jesse Ramien.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/0696ab04dfd0e67972d7f53392e2fd0c

Well it was a nice try

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
From the link above, what I want to hear....

“I have a contract and I plan on honouring it and working my ass off. I will not be making further comment, time to worry about the boys killing the nines this week.”

“I love the playing group and I want nothing more than to pull that jersey on alongside them. I’m sick of seeing the crap being written for the most part. “Everyone is preparing for the trials and round one.

Sort it out John.

snout

First Grade
Noones going to buy him.

FFS...hes come out and said he has chronic arthritis.

Youre only chance would be a club with no brains taking him on.
That means Tits, warriors or us.

carinashark

First Grade
NRL should help us out here. They ave been F#$k ing over for years , some sort of payment /compo for all the entrainment he has give plus’s all the representative turn outs. Sounds like he has given his all and then some.

chewsta

First Grade
Not an ideal situation to be in, but I think his mental health is a bigger concern than any knee problems he may or may not have. Hope the bloke has people around him that are actually concerned for his well being. Plenty of f**kheads hang off these guys for a free ride with their hands out.

sharkman73

Juniors
NRL should help us out here. They ave been F#$k ing over for years , some sort of payment /compo for all the entrainment he has give plus’s all the representative turn outs. Sounds like he has given his all and then some.

The NRL would love to help us out.....buying the club a one way ticket to Perth.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wow there are 2 completely different stories coming out from inside the club about this. & I mean polar different.
Well we do not have to worry about the cowboys, they think Val is a fullback not a winger, much like the nyjets thought he could be a running back not a slot reciever.

Get fit Dugan.

AJB1102

First Grade
Well we do not have to worry about the cowboys, they think Val is a fullback not a winger, much like the nyjets thought he could be a running back not a slot reciever.

Get fit Dugan.

Val is absolutely a fullback. Check out his 2018 stats you goose. Or just wait and watch Cowboys games.

Latest posts