What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - "I'm a world class player"

super_coach

First Grade
He is not a player who turns a game on its head, so demand mega bucks is crazy. He should get good coin but not playmaker coin.

As for being a world class player, maybe, but one thing he is world class at..being a bogan

fizman

Bench
I would like to see Dugan on a 4 year $4M Contract.

I don't need to name the Club.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
only recently have I heard about this different positions having different pay scales

so a world-class centre is paid less than an average fullback? doesn't make sense

BennyV

Referee
Young player with a great running game and ability to beat his man 1:1. I like him, happy to disagree with you on this.
He's all yours! Young and strong (like, really strong) and has a decent right-foot step when he gets the ball with some space. Instincts suck, not very evasive and has no awareness at all (like watching an under 8s kid tuck the ball under his arm and run no matter what is happening around him). Breaks tackles but doesnt know what to do from there! Defensively he is a huge weakness, his decision making is horrid.

Could very well be a coaching issue, but after bursting onto the scene, other teams have worked him out both sides of the ball and he's reached a ceiling, holding back a couple of better young centres in the meantime.

Perth Red

Post Whore
only recently have I heard about this different positions having different pay scales

so a world-class centre is paid less than an average fullback? doesn't make sense

Is there such a thing as a world class centre in the modern game?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
"Im a world-class player"

CBCkpicUUAAc8Qs.jpg:large

Pedge1971

First Grade
He's all yours! Young and strong (like, really strong) and has a decent right-foot step when he gets the ball with some space. Instincts suck, not very evasive and has no awareness at all (like watching an under 8s kid tuck the ball under his arm and run no matter what is happening around him). Breaks tackles but doesnt know what to do from there! Defensively he is a huge weakness, his decision making is horrid.

Could very well be a coaching issue, but after bursting onto the scene, other teams have worked him out both sides of the ball and he's reached a ceiling, holding back a couple of better young centres in the meantime.

Is that why u guys extended him?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Those players are not just world-class, they are in the All-Time class. I think the stickler in this conversation is the definition of "world class". Dugan is under the impression, rather fairly, that playing at international level = world class. I think that's reasonably accurate. A Kangaroos jersey is worth something.

Certainly more accurate than saying someone like Mitch Rein is a rep level player, because he's played in Country v City.

To me it isnt about 'world class'. More about will he get a million a year. Know where I stand on that. But sure sign him up he was good in the centres tonight.........shame about another injury.

Million a year.....peh!

POPEYE

Coach
To me it isnt about 'world class'. More about will he get a million a year. Know where I stand on that. But sure sign him up he was good in the centres tonight.........shame about another injury.

Million a year.....peh!
Maybe Duges meant he was a world class Centre . . . albeit it one with a glass jaw