What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - Todd Carney Mk II (IDIOT!)

Lime_Green

Juniors
if he was on his p plates and got pinched speeding twice or even once on a double demerit weekend, that would result in a suspension of his license and wouldnt need a court appearence

i imagine the club would have known about it, simply because he's been known to be late for training, and i imagine his in ability to drive a car would have come up in those discussions

Okay. Quite possible.

Under his contract I'm sure he's required to inform the club of any driving offences though. So if he didn't the club ain't gonna be happy!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Okay. Quite possible.

Under his contract I'm sure he's required to inform the club of any driving offences though. So if he didn't the club ain't gonna be happy!

privately sure
but publically they'll be backing him all the way to the hills regardless, because they will know they might be able to mend some fences if they go easy on this situation, thus increasing our chances to re-sign the kid

at least thats how i assume it will play out
The club will wait till he gets his fine and extended disqualification from the courts, make some namby pamby statement about being disappointed but believes the lesson have been taught and no further action will be taken by the club etc and we'll get on with losing him to Sydney or the Dogs

dreaming 09

Juniors
I can only imagine the amount of pressure you put on yourself.
Josh you keep doing sh*t like that, kiss your integrity and respect goodbye.
Please don't go down this path.

Lime_Green

Juniors
privately sure
but publically they'll be backing him all the way to the hills regardless, because they will know they might be able to mend some fences if they go easy on this situation, thus increasing our chances to re-sign the kid

at least thats how i assume it will play out
The club will wait till he gets his fine and extended disqualification from the courts, make some namby pamby statement about being disappointed but believes the lesson have been taught and no further action will be taken by the club etc and we'll get on with losing him to Sydney or the Dogs

No, I totally agree.

I think the club have been covering for him for a while, as with Carney. And they will hope this situation plays into their hands.

Cryptic

Juniors
thinking he'd be dropped and thus no last ditch chance at SOO

What chance? Daley was busy with the selectors, which pick in Sydney before the game and showed up just before kick off... Meaning they pick the entire NSW SoO team BEFORE the Monday night game...

Which I might add is just BS... So you play a Monday night game you know you have ZERO chance of impressing for NSW SoO... Good idea!

Cryptic

Juniors
You would hope the club learnt that playing stuff the same as the did with Carney is a BAD idea... I know it was a different situation with grog involved but how many times were things like this covered up BEFORE it got to that stage? How long is it until Dugan gives someone a golden shower? :(

legend

Coach
What was the end result for publically trying to do the right thing with Todd Carney? We are going to find out this weekend, have no doubt.

We punished ourselves as all the other clubs in the NRL let their players run riot without punishment. Look at Jake Friend.

As far as I'm concerned unless he does something seriously wrong, this is a nothing incident hardly worth reporting.

All the other high and mighty clubs can go and get f**ked!

merkins!

Raider_69

Post Whore
What chance? Daley was busy with the selectors, which pick in Sydney before the game and showed up just before kick off... Meaning they pick the entire NSW SoO team BEFORE the Monday night game...

Which I might add is just BS... So you play a Monday night game you know you have ZERO chance of impressing for NSW SoO... Good idea!

If they were going to pick Dugan they wouldnt have wanted to know he was fit first, so the fact he declared himself fit and was ready to go and ran out, if he was in the frame, that would have counted.

If he hadnt of played, he had zero chance of being picked. By playing, even though the team was announced before kick off, im sure his name was mentioned on the back of his declaring himself fit. It gave him some chance

legend

Coach
You would hope the club learnt that playing stuff the same as the did with Carney is a BAD idea... I know it was a different situation with grog involved but how many times were things like this covered up BEFORE it got to that stage? How long is it until Dugan gives someone a golden shower? :(

How do you know he hasn't already???:sarcasm:;-):p

Raider_69

Post Whore
What was the end result for publically trying to do the right thing with Todd Carney? We are going to find out this weekend, have no doubt.

We punished ourselves as all the other clubs in the NRL let their players run riot without punishment. Look at Jake Friend.

As far as I'm concerned unless he does something seriously wrong, this is a nothing incident hardly worth reporting.

All the other high and mighty clubs can go and get f**ked!

merkins!

I dont agree with you but its hard not to accept you make some very good points. We played the game with Todd and we sacked him, much to our determent, and we received next to NO backing from the NRL on that decision, and now we are where we are and we could have kept him and been in a better place

do i want him at the club? No. Would we be a better team with him? Yes.
I prefer to support a club of players i can be proud of but as the saying goes, nice guys finish last.

legend

Coach
I really don't care what they do off the field (within reason) and if you can honestly tell me if Carney wanted to return to Canberra, you wouldn't take him back???

Come on Nick, you know and I know we would all take him back in a heart beat.

TimW05

Juniors
I really don't care what they do off the field (within reason) and if you can honestly tell me if Carney wanted to return to Canberra, you wouldn't take him back???

if it risks sponsorships then no..

if we lost the cfmeu then we would be royally f**ked..

shear_joy9

Coach
I dont agree with you but its hard not to accept you make some very good points. We played the game with Todd and we sacked him, much to our determent, and we received next to NO backing from the NRL on that decision, and now we are where we are and we could have kept him and been in a better place

do i want him at the club? No. Would we be a better team with him? Yes.
I prefer to support a club of players i can be proud of but as the saying goes, nice guys finish last.

If you had the choice between a team of low level felons who could win a premiership and a team of average mid-table players who spend their free time helping the homeless etc. I know who I'd choose.

Raider_69

Post Whore

In a playing perspective, absolutely
but im not sure given the way he treated this club if i could ever cheer him again, so no im not sure i would take him back as the whole package that is Todd Carney.
As said i like to have a team i can be proud to support, win, lose or draw. Im not sure i could be proud of TC representing a club he pretty much pissed on.

From a playing perspective, Dugan-Campese-Carney... yea, that'd be alright

Cryptic

Juniors
T.Carney can go get f**ked... I would prefer Stuart as the coach, Dobson as hooker, Abbot as Prime Minister, and Paul Gallen as public relations manager to QLD before letting him soil the club again... I'm OK with SOME off field things but dead set... T.Carney is a total f**kwit who just brought others down with him...

This infrigment is minor on the scale of things.

Toddy burning someones ass is major compared to this.

I dont condone what Duges done , it was silly to say the least.

shear_joy9

Coach
Canberra Raiders fullback Josh Dugan kept driving charges from club
Rising NRL star Josh Dugan kept his weekend arrest for driving offences from his club Canberra until after playing in the Raiders' Monday night clash with the Bulldogs.
Dugan, 20, was arrested on Sunday night for negligent driving and driving while suspended.

The next night he made his return from a knee injury in the Raiders' 18-10 loss to Canterbury at Canberra Stadium.

The promising fullback only told the Raiders of the charges on Tuesday.

After missing the past two games, Dugan came back in a last ditch attempt to impress New South Wales Origin selectors.

In the end, he missed out on a Blues jersey for the July 7th State of Origin III game.

The club has so far only issued a short statement on the matter, pending Dugan's July 13 court appearance.

“Dugan and the Raiders will await the outcome of the court's decision before making any further comment on the issue,” it read.

A club spokesman told AAP there were no plans to stand the youngster down in the meantime, and that he would continue to train and be available for selection.

Injured Canberra captain Alan Tongue agreed Dugan shouldn't be punished yet.

“Obviously it's a mistake he's made but I don't think Doogs has had too many problems in the past at the club,” he said.

“You've got to put it all into context I suppose.”

“It's just something he needs to work out and get sorted.”

Dugan is contracted until the end of 2011, but there is growing speculation he will be headed to the Sydney Roosters in 2012.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27338947-5018866,00.html

Greenbits

Juniors
Some of his previous indiscretions were lateness to training. I remember reading at then he was late/didn't show up because he couldn't get a lift. Thought that was a bit odd at the time, makes a whole lot more sense now.