What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Possm
The notion that Dugan is injury prone is just bull shit and excuse making.
Crusher tackle and fractured jaw are not injury prone they are as a result of illegal play and anyone else who suffered them would have had the same result "time out".
Dugan actually came back quicker than the original dates set by the Dr.
Please tell me when his form dropped or varied?
He got picked in SOO with stellar performances and then won an Australian jumper and is one of the first picked.
You mightn't like him as a player or for the $$$ he is asking for but don't talk shit about our best backline player over the last 4 years.
Dugan is a tough, gritty, talented footballer and his effort of busting his arse every game puts plenty of others to shame.
Dugan would be the first player I would keep in our backline.
Showed good speed yesterday. Give him $900k 4yr & captaincy.
He'll run plenty of holes off Hunt

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I believe that most of us have been repeating ourselves about Dugan , however , he is essential to the team both in attack and also as a last line of defence - you can not fault him on that , as he is rock solid in that aspect .

His team spirit is second to none , he must be resigned , as I fear without him our backline would be close to a shambles - imo.
Besides , anyone that can sidestep the opposition fullback , as he done yesterday , must have the potential of being another Changa , that alone would be worth his price .

Agree gareth
I can thinks of 7 times he has saved tries this year alone.
There is no better defensive fullback in the game.
And to me he would only have boyd, Rts and billy at his best who are better than him.

Old Timer

Coach
Spot on tommo
I have seen dufty play in 3 illawarra games and he's not setting the world on fire.
He's played well most of the time but struggles at other times in defence is were he needs to imporve
No better coach for him than Dugan.
Nighty night Nighty and Dufty to the wing to learn from the master at FB.

possm

Coach
No better coach for him than Dugan.
Nighty night Nighty and Dufty to the wing to learn from the master at FB.
I don't think Dufty's name is on Millward's white board. He didn't get a mention in Millward's rant about the Club's future talent.

saintm

Juniors
Spot on tommo
I have seen dufty play in 3 illawarra games and he's not setting the world on fire.
He's played well most of the time but struggles at other times in defence is were he needs to imporve
Spot on tommo
3 of the 4 games have been played in the wet with hardly any backline movement,just playing it up the middle.His "D" in the last two games has been very good.They just have to use there backline some more to see what the back 5 can really do.Bring on the sun shine.

Bench
3 of the 4 games have been played in the wet with hardly any backline movement,just playing it up the middle.His "D" in the last two games has been very good.They just have to use there backline some more to see what the back 5 can really do.Bring on the sun shine.
I agree that the backs have not had many chances. But I think it's getting to the point that, it's sad to say, Flo can't cut it for speed and it's time we give one of our young guns a chance.
Laffai is improving each game, I would start Mann then use Aitken off the bench.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I agree that the backs have not had many chances. But I think it's getting to the point that, it's sad to say, Flo can't cut it for speed and it's time we give one of our young guns a chance.
Laffai is improving each game, I would start Mann then use Aitken off the bench.

Mc Donald seems to lack confidence & has made some poor decisions?

Bench
B
Mc Donald seems to lack confidence & has made some poor decisions?
Both him and Aitken need to stay on their man, they both have been caught out trying to make the big hit, if they don't get that under control we are going to get hurt one day

Old Timer

Coach
Aitken & Mc Donald are both woeful in defence.
Both have significant issues in judging space and who is the right man to stay on.
As soon as 1 run's up out of or infield from the defensive line we are a shot duck.
As soon as Mann gets on the paddock it is all very much calmer and far more organised.

Old Timer

Coach
The constant attacking raids, high action levels and cricket score results hides the inevitable lack of defensive skills in the U/20's.
Often the middle players have a bit more ability in this area but most of the edge runners or whole runners are all attack and little defence so it does come home to roost as they get to the senior grades hopefully they can acquire the necessary skills.
TBH to me Tedesco and Hayne for that matter suffer from the problem, great with ball in hand and maybe 1 on 1 defence at the goal line but not a lot of skill in positioning themselves in the open to give themselves a real chance at defending.
Classic example yesterday of how good Dugan is, when he defended the impending 2 on 1.
Positioned himself and timed his run at the ball carrier perfectly and the play broke down.
Not a skill in the Tedesco nor Hayne armoury at this point in time.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

I think mybe garrick could be given a crack on the wing and mann in the centre.
And agree with Aitken to a utility bench spot

blacksafake

First Grade
Possm
The notion that Dugan is injury prone is just bull shit and excuse making.
Crusher tackle and fractured jaw are not injury prone they are as a result of illegal play and anyone else who suffered them would have had the same result "time out".
Dugan actually came back quicker than the original dates set by the Dr.
Please tell me when his form dropped or varied?
He got picked in SOO with stellar performances and then won an Australian jumper and is one of the first picked.
You mightn't like him as a player or for the $$$ he is asking for but don't talk shit about our best backline player over the last 4 years.
Dugan is a tough, gritty, talented footballer and his effort of busting his arse every game puts plenty of others to shame.
Dugan would be the first player I would keep in our backline.
This

Gareth67

First Grade
Hazzbeen ( nice to see you back ) -

Apparently the club has withdrawn the dead-line date , which is good news for all concerned . It will allow both parties to hopefully think a bit clearer .

possm

Coach
Hazzbeen ( nice to see you back ) -

Apparently the club has withdrawn the dead-line date , which is good news for all concerned . It will allow both parties to hopefully think a bit clearer .
You might recall that Dugan's management set the first deadline at prior to start of the 2017 competition. Dugan received an offer on time but was unhappy with the coin. After hearing nothing for a week or so, the Dragons set a deadline and then the deadline was withdrawn as a show of faith for movement from Dugan.

I'd say once the Tigers new coach is announced and the Dogs announce their coach for 2018, you will see decisions from the 4 Tigers off contract and Dugan/Widdop from the Dragons.

My tip:
The Tigers to keep Woods and Moses and to be coached by the assistant coach from the Cowboys.

The Dogs to dump Hasler and hire Cleary.

The Dragons to sign Dugan and Tedesco, dump Mary and hire Hasler as coach for 2018 on.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Dugan wants to stay. We could offer him a four year contract at $800,000 per season. We lost Boyd in 2011 and now have the fullback position settled. Why create more
uncertainty when our hole three quarter line and halves are unproductive. Dufty and Field are too small for fullback at the moment and Tedesco is no better
than Dugan and probably worse defensively. We should base our backline around Dugan and Hunt and choose the other five backline players
purely on form and best side L/R as
opposed to coach's pets which should not be allowed. Players should either ship up or shape out to NSW Cup.

possm

Coach
I'm sure we won't be able to keep them all. I say sign Dugan and Tedesco, this year trial Mann, Field and Dufty at 6 - 3 weeks each, replace Lafai with Milne and move Macdonald to the left wing and see how things go.

Gareth67

First Grade
image.jpg
You might recall that Dugan's management set the first deadline at prior to start of the 2017 competition. Dugan received an offer on time but was unhappy with the coin. After hearing nothing for a week or so, the Dragons set a deadline and then the deadline was withdrawn as a show of faith for movement from Dugan.

I'd say once the Tigers new coach is announced and the Dogs announce their coach for 2018, you will see decisions from the 4 Tigers off contract and Dugan/Widdop from the Dragons.

My tip:
The Tigers to keep Woods and Moses and to be coached by the assistant coach from the Cowboys.

The Dogs to dump Hasler and hire Cleary.

The Dragons to sign Dugan and Tedesco, dump Mary and hire Hasler as coach for 2018 on.

Possum I posted this on the 17-3-17 basically as you now say , as far as your tips are concerned ( and mind you I also would like that same outcome) it's akin to having winners on every race on Melbourne Cup day , you would make a bluudy motza my friend !