What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Proud of the club and its action in taking a stand today.

Dugan may have filled a gap left by an injury prone Hodges, and a lack of any other strike weapon, but he brings more baggage than his price tag is worth.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
On a side note - it's simply astounding to know that this tool had all put squared away a $2m (reportedly) contract and just couldn't keep his idiotic self away from social media or (what appears to be) the booze.

Astounding.

_Johnsy

Referee
What an absolute peanut of the highest order. What a block headed bogan. How hard is it to shut your mouth for and stay off any type of social media for a week or two & earn $2,000,000.

You can take the boy out of Canberra, but you cannot take the Canberra out of the boy. Award d/head of the year now.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
This is pretty disappointing as I think Dugan could of made a big difference to our side, at least in the short term, but you'd have to say the club has made the right call here.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
As nice as it would've been to see Dugan at his best in a Broncos jersey he isn't worth 2 million over 3 years so I'm glad they shit canned the idea. To think he went so close to being one of, if not the highest paid Broncos ever. Hook must be getting desperate or waking up, either way its a bit to late because the good ones that were off contract have pretty much been signed. If only we went after Cronk or Thurston.

Last edited:

jono

Juniors
Well done Broncs......can't see him anywhere the NRL let alone the SOO side.
Good riddance, and that's from an Eels and NSW supporter

Broncos93

Juniors
Was looking forward to seeing him in the number one jersey but after the last few days I'm glad they've canned the talks. If he hasn't learned by now to shut his mouth on social media and behave he never will.

Chainshada

Juniors
Hell no to Johnson. Piss Wallace off out of the halves and give Hunt a chance. Spend the money on a quality prop and some speed.

Agree 100% with this..If we could afford 650k for Bogan, and we're losing Norman..Would love to see Nathan Gardner, Aidan Tolman and Drury Low in Broncos Jerseys next year.

AceAv

Juniors
I feel like such a sucker now for actually having faith in Jbogan doing a 180 and coming up to Brisbane to put us back on track.

After reading that insecure teenager smack talk moronic dribble, it's a relief Broncos suspended talks. Happy to miss the top 8 this year with a side that's not constantly bringing in bad media than the opposite. Even if we signed him too and made the 8. We are never going to win a Grand Final this year with Prince Wally on the helms..

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh i mean the wallace drop isnt going to happen. Put him at DH and rotate him with Macca with Hunt Prince on the halves. -Would at least like to see griff TRY this ffs

unbreaK

Juniors
Sam Williams
Josh Reynolds
Todd Carney
Nathan Gardner
David Williams
Kevin Locke
Matt Bowen
John Sutton
Jamie Soward

Notable players that can play the 1 or 6/7 (According to Hook, that's what we're shopping for) - Who in this list could we get / Do we want to try and get?

P.S - I'd probably prefer to run Prince at 6 and Hunt at 7 with Wallace off the bench, but that isn't happening. I think the most likely thing is for us to sign a Fullback

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sam Williams
Josh Reynolds
Todd Carney
Nathan Gardner
David Williams
Kevin Locke
Matt Bowen
John Sutton
Jamie Soward

Notable players that can play the 1 or 6/7 (According to Hook, that's what we're shopping for) - Who in this list could we get / Do we want to try and get?

P.S - I'd probably prefer to run Prince at 6 and Hunt at 7 with Wallace off the bench, but that isn't happening. I think the most likely thing is for us to sign a Fullback

If those were our only choices, Bowen to 1 and Reynolds to the halves.

beads6

First Grade
It is a shame Dugan blew it. We needed his talents desperately. We are crying out for a star player and there aren't any off contract. We need to convince someone to break contract IMO. I'd go for DCE

Bretto

Bench
I wouldn't want Bowen. Dude is too old. Either Locke or Gardner for mine, but leaning towards Locke. Dude has got speed to burn.

Nevcost

Juniors
It was interesting reading an article in the paper yesterday stating that Gareth Widdop would be worth $400 000 on the open market, whereas Dugan would be worth around $650 000. I don't know how Dugan is worth more then Widdop, who decides these wacky player valuations?

unbreaK

Juniors
Pretty keen on Kevin Locke, he's hella fast and he's good under the high ball, just needs a bit of confidence / experience and he'll be awesome.

Latest posts