What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

New Guy

Juniors
Apparently there is a chance of reconcile. He's a young bloke with a lot of shit going on right now. I guess it depends on if he wants contact with the child or not. If so, being in the same city will enable that. If he signs with Brisbane, he may settles down a bit and get back with the girl. Becoming a father will change a man's life, and if he's settled off the field he will perform better on the field. But like I said, all depends on if he wants contact with the child or if he does a runner.

Chainshada

Juniors
Yeah, she said it wasn't mutual and if he wanted it, she'd give it another go..I think he's got a few tattoos saying how important family is to him..hopefully he mans up.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh -He is amazing when he is on his game. f**king get your shit together tho JoshBogan. Would be worth signing him for a year to replace Norman. The difference in their talents are huge.

Boy

Juniors
dugan will sign
broncos will mentor him
he will get back together with his girl and become a better father

prediction

blaza88z

Coach
so in turn, we're getting Dugan cheaper then what Parramatta are getting Norman, Dugan is a rep player, Norman is.. :lol:

unbreaK

Juniors
Awesome

Hopefully the league doesn't suspend him, we get an origin standard player for half price, and probably still have plenty of money left over to shop for another half in a year or two

AceAv

Juniors
So 250k for dugz? In our current situation with backs dropping like flies, this is a sweet deal. Just hope Dugan actually commits to getting his life on track. A big change can help and if we see him inject some great form into the side, it should snowball.

eelement

Juniors
so in turn, we're getting Dugan cheaper then what Parramatta are getting Norman, Dugan is a rep player, Norman is.. :lol:

We will have the the last laugh :lol:, injury prone Dugan :lol:
I will reassess and monitor this and let you know who will be a better value:lol:.
Even Lockyer has a huge rap on him :lol:

IFR33K

Coach

Let's see what shooey has to say first.

Knowing our luck, he'll allow Dugan to be signed for 200k

blaza88z

Coach
I will reassess and monitor this and let you know who will be a better value:lol:.

Thanks, halfwit

you need to use more emoticons next time, as for the lockyer comment, he was spruiked up to be the next "Lockyer", what do you expect Locky to come out and say "nah, he's shit"

:roll:

Broncos93

Juniors

Good luck with that mate. Won't be long before you realise you've made another Sandow purchase. Your club seems to think if you throw the chequebook at an average half it will turn them into a superstar. Didn't Stuart say its inevitable he'll move Hayne to five eighth anyway?

I'm a fan of Norman and always have been but he's not the saviour you're looking for. May as well just be keeping the seat warm for Wehbe.

AceAv

Juniors
If I compare Norman to Dugan from last night, dugz would have had the tackle power to save some of those tries. Norman defensively is very average at full back. We need someone big like inglis with the speed and versatility to boot. Just disappointed Norman couldn't be more than hat he is. Having said that I hope he plays better at eels. And Dugan plays better for us (if/when he signs)

jakepearce94

Juniors

l0l, good luck scoring points with Norman in the halves

blaza88z

Coach
I guess when they haven't had a superstar half since Peter Sterling, they'll do whatever it takes to get their hands on one, even if it does mean paying huge overs for a fringe first grade 5/8

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-on-friday-night/story-e6frep76-1226609615696

SACKED Canberra fullback Josh Dugan is set to sign a $2 million three-year deal with the Broncos this week and could be plunged directly into Friday night's derby against the Titans. With the Broncos facing an enormous injury crisis, Dugan's arrival at Red Hill can't come soon enough for Brisbane who are 1-3 for the year and headed into back-to-back Queensland derbys against Gold Coast and then North Queensland.
The only sticking point could be new NRL chief executive Dave Smith, who has warned Dugan's new deal will be subject to approval from salary cap auditor Ian Schubert and is intent on taking a hardline stance against off-field indiscretions.
Dugan will meet with Schubert at the NRL's League Central headquarters in Sydney on Tuesday to discuss the registration of his Broncos contract.
"In assessing any future application to register a contract the salary cap auditor will need to be assured that the rules are not likely to be broken in the future and that the player has had time to address the issues properly," Smith said.

"We cannot put a fixed timeframe on that at the moment but no contract can be registered before this point."
Broncos find flair in Storm surge
Since the Raiders board opted to tear up Dugan's $650,000-a-season contract on March 14, Dugan has missed the last three rounds of action as the NRL has been examining the list of indiscretions from his time at Canberra.
By electing to sign with the Broncos, Dugan has effectively chosen a stable environment with strong senior leadership and an opportunity to work towards some sort of redemption.
Ideally Dugan would be available this week as coach Anthony Griffin confronts an unprecedented injury toll, particularly among his outside backs.
Uhhhhhgh, I really don't know how I feel about 650k a year. That is a lot of money for a player who is lucky to be still getting offers for first grade Football at all.

1qaz

Juniors
I posted earlier in the week on BHQ that a source close to the club told me it's a 3 year contract for 2.4 million!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:
Just wow!!!

bfoord

Juniors
Let's see what shooey has to say first.

Knowing our luck, he'll allow Dugan to be signed for 200k

maths is obviously not your strong suit ...

because half of 600k = 300k but it said close to half so more likely 350k

Latest posts