What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

unbreaK

Juniors
The St George Illawarra Dragons are poised to make a $600,000-a-season play to lure sacked Raiders fullback Josh Dugan as the Band-aid solution to their pop-gun attack.

But in the ultimate insult, Dugan may reject the Red V offer in favour of greater stability at the Brisbane Broncos.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Dragons are prepared to almost match the $650,000-a-season Dugan was on at the Raiders, with chief executive Peter Doust aware the club needs a big-name signing to add a point of difference to an otherwise predictable attack.

Dugan is expected to make a decision between the Dragons, Broncos or an overseas club this week. The fact St George Illawarra are prepared to take a punt on a troubled fullback with a Gen-Y attitude says everything about the crossroads the club is at right now.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-for-josh-dugan/story-e6frexnr-1226598918374

- Do we want him
- How much do we offer to get him (If we want him)

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
Would like if any of this were true, but the only Dugan-Broncos stuff I've read has all been media speculation. No word from the club.

unbreaK

Juniors
Would like if any of this were true, but the only Dugan-Broncos stuff I've read has all been media speculation. No word from the club.

Inclined to agree, Hook is so far up Norman's ass that he'd probably rather re-sign him on 400k a year rather than offering Dugan 400k.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm pretty much on the fence about this whole Dugan thing. And it has very little to do with discipline, I was against how we let Gagai go.

If this was, for example, Ben Barba, with hypothetically the same issues as Dugan, then yes sign on the dotted line. But with Dugan, he is obviously talented, but has lacked consistency and on top of that he is injury prone. And with the $$$ being suggested in the media, I can think he comes at a high risk, of both injury and doing something stupid again.

But I do think the Broncos need to start to think more about winning games, rather than just hanging onto the 'good guys'.

An off topic question. What would happen to Beale if Dugan signed with Dragons? I thought a big part of him leaving was that the Dragons offered him the fullback spot???

Kiwi

First Grade
If we get Dugan then I would say Norman to the centres while Hodges is out. Then Norman to the bench at best.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think dugan brings a sideshow of shit we dont need. we need to win games but you dont do it at the cost that it takes a few years to rebuild the damage caused

jakepearce94

Juniors
The St George Illawarra Dragons are poised to make a $600,000-a-season play to lure sacked Raiders fullback Josh Dugan as the Band-aid solution to their pop-gun attack.

But in the ultimate insult, Dugan may reject the Red V offer in favour of greater stability at the Brisbane Broncos.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Dragons are prepared to almost match the $650,000-a-season Dugan was on at the Raiders, with chief executive Peter Doust aware the club needs a big-name signing to add a point of difference to an otherwise predictable attack.

Dugan is expected to make a decision between the Dragons, Broncos or an overseas club this week. The fact St George Illawarra are prepared to take a punt on a troubled fullback with a Gen-Y attitude says everything about the crossroads the club is at right now.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-for-josh-dugan/story-e6frexnr-1226598918374

- Do we want him
- How much do we offer to get him (If we want him)
i'd love to see him at the broncos, first year $300k if we have it, and then option for the club to extend his contract for more money after the second season, if he keeps his nose clean. i doubt we will sign him though.

Bretto

Bench
I'd love him at the Broncos. He's the kind of spark we're missing outside of Hodges ATM. Dugan chiming into the backline off Prince with the ability to feed Hodges sounds like money to me.

I couldn't give a shit about how much we pay him or that he's been a dick etc. Bring him here on the proviso he behaves himself. If he doesn't, then he gets dropped to QCup.

I just think we need a big time spark in the backline to complement Hodges.

Diesel

Referee
If he stays clean its a good move but if he stays the same and is influential you could be in shit

Chainshada

Juniors
Would be great for our attack..would suck to be Beale if the Dragons get him..leaves us to play Fullback, plays 2 games and gets dropped. I don't see him taking Morris/Nightingale out of their spots and he's not really a utility..so NSW cup?

unbreaK

Juniors
i'd love to see him at the broncos, first year $300k if we have it, and then option for the club to extend his contract for more money after the second season, if he keeps his nose clean. i doubt we will sign him though.

We must have a buttload, surely, considering we were somewhat in the hunt for Folau and we haven't really bought big or re-signed any big contracts, we got Prince for cheap as f**k and Stagg / Kemp weren't expensive, plus losing Petero's contract would've given us a nice chunk of cash, not sure exactly how much we'd have left over, but it'd be a decent amount.

unbreaK

Juniors
p.s - Just watched the Matty Johns show on Fox and the general consensus between the guys was that it's out of -

Most Money - Dragons
Middle Money / Stability - Titans
Stability - Broncos

The 3 clubs in the hunt for him, my bet is on the Dragons because he seems like a money hungry anus.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yeah the Dragons will snag him and completely invalidate their purchase of Gerard Beale. I'm starting to err on the side of wanting him up here but I'm not sure how likely we really are.

Mr Fourex

Bench
LOL @ Beale

He's lasted what.....two games?

and now his full back dreams have been sold up the river by the Merge....

He might not even get a go on the wing......Nightingale & BMoz have that sewn up.

Poor poor Gerad.

Nevcost

Juniors
It would be interesting if he did sign with us, I don't personally rate because of his issues with injuries but If we get him fairly cheap it wouldn't be too bad. Our last really controversial signing would have been Hodges and a few people including me thought he would be a bad signing due to personal and injury issues and look how he turned out http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=81712

Of course if he's a money hungry anus then the Dragons can have him

jakepearce94

Juniors
I don't see him taking Morris/Nightingale out of their spots and he's not really a utility..so NSW cup?
centres perhaps? otherwise yes nsw cup.

We must have a buttload, surely, considering we were somewhat in the hunt for Folau and we haven't really bought big or re-signed any big contracts, we got Prince for cheap as f**k and Stagg / Kemp weren't expensive, plus losing Petero's contract would've given us a nice chunk of cash, not sure exactly how much we'd have left over, but it'd be a decent amount.
i hope so but we seem to pay overs on players that have come up through the ranks.

Latest posts