What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

Big Pete

Referee
He'd be the highest paid player at the club if we gave him that much.

What kind of message does that send to the roster or anybody else we're looking to sign?

It's difficult and a trying time for fans but Dugan is just a wicked temptation. He isn't going to fix our problems. At least, not if it's because we're the highest bidder.

bfoord

Juniors
You might be right, but Dugan wouldn't be the only one on overs at the Broncs.

Actually I doubt we would even have 600K to give Dugan due to this.

we'd easily have 600k to spend on him ... the cap went up by about that much for this season and we didn't sign anyone after that happened

unbreaK

Juniors
I don't think I'd offer him 600k, the Dragons can offer him that, I think the max we should offer him is around the 400k mark, if he wants a more stable club, he can join us, if he wants the extra 200k, have fun at the Dragons.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
He'd be the highest paid player at the club if we gave him that much.

What kind of message does that send to the roster or anybody else we're looking to sign?

It's difficult and a trying time for fans but Dugan is just a wicked temptation. He isn't going to fix our problems. At least, not if it's because we're the highest bidder.

I never said we should offer him 600K. I just said I doubt we'd have it in the salary cap due to other players getting overs.

I think we should at least make a play for him though. But I think the club is now unable to do that after the way they let Gagai go, which I was completely against by the way.

DeeJ

Bench
I think we should at least make a play for him though. But I think the club is now unable to do that after the way they let Gagai go, which I was completely against by the way.

I don't think we would be unable to because of that. Alot of clubs have sacked players for indiscretions and signed up others. One example is Cronulla sacking Seymore then signing Carney 2 seasons later.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I don't think we would be unable to because of that. Alot of clubs have sacked players for indiscretions and signed up others. One example is Cronulla sacking Seymore then signing Carney 2 seasons later.

Yeah you are probably right, but it just seems so hypocritical to me. For me it would be a giant slap in the face to Gagai and would really confuse the other Broncos players who are friends with Gagai.

Hook has set a precedent, I don't understand how he can go back on that now (that's not saying I agree with what he did!).

Players know now that when they stuff up it doesn't matter as they can just get a job at another club. It's like musical chairs.

unbreaK

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Gagai
5. Hoffman

Potential backline if Hook wasn't anal =(

Broncos93

Juniors
You'd have to think now that Norman has gone that they'll make a play for a replacement? I've always loved Dugan, and if he gets a wake up call under Hook and starts behaving himself I'd love to have him.

Kiwi

First Grade
you'd have to think Dugan is a sure thing if Norman is leaving. Also I wouldn't drop Norman but play him in the centres till hodges comes back. The following looks pretty good.

1 - Dugan ( if we get him )
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Norman
5 - Maranta
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace

And imagine the backline when fully fit

1 - Dugan
2 - Copely
3 - Hoffman
4 - Hodges
5 - Yow Yeh
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace

lockyno1

Post Whore
1 - Dugan ( if we get him )
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Norman
5 - Maranta
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace

And imagine the backline when fully fit

1 - Dugan
2 - Copely
3 - Hoffman
4 - Hodges
5 - Yow Yeh
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace

You seen him in the last 3 rounds, he has been dreadful! Get him out of the team, don't care who replaces him, just get someone. Would love to try to get Robert Lui from the Cowboys or someone like that.

unbreaK

Juniors
You seen him in the last 3 rounds, he has been dreadful! Get him out of the team, don't care who replaces him, just get someone. Would love to try to get Robert Lui from the Cowboys or someone like that.

Wholeheartedly agree, except I'd probably rather give Ben Hunt a go before we go outside the club, I think Hunt has the potential to be a solid First-Grade Halfback.

Chainshada

Juniors
So...apparently he broke up with his 6month pregnant girlfriend and she's wanting to move overseas for a "fresh start"..

As tempting as it is..I don't want this idiot at the Broncos. Any opinions on whether we should try for Kevin Locke(off contract end of this year, should be cheaper than Dugan)? Had a few off-field problems I think, mostly driving related..Move him up here and I think Glenn could be a good influence.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
So...apparently he broke up with his 6month pregnant girlfriend and she's wanting to move overseas for a "fresh start"..

As tempting as it is..I don't want this idiot at the Broncos. Any opinions on whether we should try for Kevin Locke(off contract end of this year, should be cheaper than Dugan)? Had a few off-field problems I think, mostly driving related..Move him up here and I think Glenn could be a good influence.

Kevin Locke hasn't played good for a couple of years now. Would be a waste of money.

Latest posts