What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hannay ? What the ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
More likely Hannay will go to Penrith.

Why we'd be interested in him has got me beat. We need forwards Dennis. :sarcasm:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Hannay may go alright at 5/8 but Parra don't need someone who hasn't played that position in 10 years they need a big name 5/8, might as well have given Sloppy 2 more years (giving him 3 all up) which would've kept him at the club.

if they are signing Hannay as a back why the hell not promote Inu who is a better player then Hannay or even re-sign John Williams.
don't get ur first point.There aren't any big name 5/8th up for sale. second point is right.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well the waqs Hill but he is going for the big $$ in England

there is also Jason Smith

maybe big name isn't the right term I meant players who are genuine 5/8ths and have shown form at NRL level over a few years

number8

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
If we're going after Hannay why re-sign Burt?

I was going to say Exactly but you followed it with.

We already have one nuffy who kicks goals we don't need two.

[-(

Then

Hannay hasn't made a linebreak in years, and in the Cowboys backline that's just terrible.

To which I agree 100%. He's been a passenger at the Cowboys the last few years. Spending a lot of time in QLD cup & out injured I think he's a little bit beyond his best.

I am mostly concerned by his injury history. I think think if he could stay fit he offers somthing. Not more than players on the current roster offer but he'd be a good centre for depth. I wouldn't move Smith for him. I think Smith is the better player!

So what are the plans for Burt if we are looking at Hannay? I like Burt not just as a Goal kicker but also as a player. I did see mentioned here that Hagan perhaps had eyes for him as a fullback. Whether that's a good idea or not is another story, but say it's true. Between the numbers 1 & 5 Hannay probably would be behind or at least be pushed by all:

Burt

Inu

Hayne

Tahu

Grothe

B Smith

Reddy

Williams if he is still here?

Wagon even for the centres, pending the opposition

& after that the next few years will see the fluffy kittens pehaps make the leap to contention.

It raises questions..

A: Do we need a Hannay for depth?:-k
B: Is he any better than our existing roster options?:-k
C: Is the plan for a short term contract given the players comming through?:-k
D: What the f**k does he expect to be paid? Hopefully not big $$ because I'd rather see that put into these kids we've got! He's going to give much bang for the buck!

Hurriflatch

Referee
If John Williams leaves

I could see a backline of

Burt
Hayne
Benny
Tahu
Grothe

With Burt/Hayne swapping at times during the game and Inu 1st in if with any injuries, suspensions or rep duty.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I can't see anywhere Hannay will fit into the side

at least not in 1st grade and if he is signed for depth there are better options at the club

Parraren

Bench
Seriously, Hannay is rubbish.

I'd have Ash Graham back before him.

And as for his ability at 5/8....fella's Wagon makes him look like a pedestrian. I remember him starting at 5/8 against us in 2001 when we won by 50 odd. He had an absolute Barry.

V1er

Juniors
I'd rather keep Delaney than sign hannay, with the surplus of outside halves if they did sign hannay could instead of moving benny would Hagan move Hannay into lock.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
But what if the rep season is on and Inu gets injured. Also we don't resign Delaney and Williams. Quite plausible situation.

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. B Farrar
5. D Williams

Not a very experienced backline.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no way

did they have to let him go to make way for Ash ?

(kidding)

Gronk

Staff member
Parraren said:
Seriously, Hannay is rubbish.

I'd have Ash Graham back before him.

And as for his ability at 5/8....fella's Wagon makes him look like a pedestrian. I remember him starting at 5/8 against us in 2001 when we won by 50 odd. He had an absolute Barry.

Well yeah. If the Cowboys rate Flash Graham over Josh Hannay, then that sure says something. :crazy:

1eyedeel

Juniors
We absolutely need more depths in the centres if we don't keep Delaney. No way that Parra will go into next season with only Inu as an option considering timana and benny's injury track record.

Stagger eel

Staff member
filthy_spammers said:
We absolutely need more depths in the centres if we don't keep Delaney. No way that Parra will go into next season with only Inu as an option considering timana and benny's injury track record.

Ben Farrer..could be an option.

I have a feeling he could be staying now.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Could Hannay be a target for his versatility? I think he could be a Wagon sort of player who can play centres or backrow as well as being quite a decent goal kicker

Hellsy

Immortal
Gee..... he isn't the best player in the world, but he has made QLD Origin and he is a pretty good goal kicker

hineyrulz

Post Whore
um no way he's been playing QLD CUP most of the year for good reason he's been playing like crap. good goal kicker but thats about it. i'd prefer we keep delany than sign him

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hellsy said:
Gee..... he isn't the best player in the world, but he has made QLD Origin and he is a pretty good goal kicker

Pretty slow one too, I'd go crazy if I had to put up with his kicking routine every week. I'm sure I'm not alone there.

He'll be a Shark anyway, I think a much bigger concern is Hagan seeing Burt as a fullback!

Latest posts