What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Journo's criticising the Fans...

getsmarty

Immortal
Think he's been doing that all year.
The team don't really play with any real plan.
One out stuff, kick high on last, normally to a decent catcher.

Doubt if there's been a chip & chase all year. We are so predictable.
A change is needed.

Correct,,,the comments from Billy Slater during the Penrith game were almost embarrassing for us..eg Look at how quickly Penrith get back into shape while the Dragons are just happy to have 1 out runs for 5 and kick on the 6th..we play for field position...In other words, slow line speed ( apart from McInnes ) and one out running.

It has been like this for the last 5 years of McGregors tenure...nothing changes...same block plays..same one out running...same outside backs rushing out of the line....

Old Timer

Coach
Think he's been doing that all year.
A change is needed.
Don't contradict yourself OKB

You said,

"The team don't really play with any real plan.

Doubt if there's been a chip & chase all year. We are so predictable"

Unfortunately that is the plan.

The moronic Mc Fookknuckle can barely string a sentence together so how the f**k could he have anything but the simplest of game plans?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Don't contradict yourself OKB

You said,

"The team don't really play with any real plan.

Doubt if there's been a chip & chase all year. We are so predictable"

Unfortunately that is the plan.

The moronic Mc Fookknuckle can barely string a sentence together so how the f**k could he have anything but the simplest of game plans?

I stand corrected, Sire!

Gareth67

First Grade
And another thing about these bluudy journs. they get all these damn freebies such as free admittance to the games - special passes so as they don’t wait in queues like the rest of us - the meals all provided for and a big bluudy book ( larger than Mary’s book of excuses ) that they use when some grub of a player has done something or other that is illegal .

Most of these slobs have agendas all of their own , whether that be a player or a particular team . Bring back the decent journos. of yesteryear - Ray Chesterton - break
even Bill Mordey , for pity sake even Ron Casey was better than the imposters of today .

I recall one so called prominent NRL journalist who was given free tickets - plane fares and accommodation to the World Cup a number of years back . So what you may ask ?
It was the soccer World Cup , suddenly his allegiance to the greatest game of all counted for absolutely nothing , no way not when there was a free trip overseas being offered .

Good on you Getsmarty and the rest of the gang for calling the berstards out for what they really are - bloodsucking parasites.

Wittenberg

Juniors
These "journalists" are just tabloid hacks. I watched Dean Ritchie call distressed fans "ignorant" a few days ago. What a waste of space he is.
Not one of these "journalists" has bothered researching the key areas McGregor fails in year in, year out.
Conservative team selections (particularly bench and outside backs) , poor use of interchange, consistent long losing streaks each year of his tenure, lack of a game plan, lack of urgency when there is a contest for the ball (or as Mary calls it, "unfortunate tries off kicks"), failure to manage representative players workloads, failure to manage mental and physical fatigue during a game, failure to bring promising juniors through when they're ready and with more upside than the incumbents.
Things smart students of the game have been talking about for years.
I have no problem when the team loses but plays with pride and to its potential. This team plays with no pride and is a rabble. The coach is solely responsible for this, even a tabloid hack should be able to see it.

Unfortunately our Club is suffering from the “Good Bloke” Syndrome. Mary is supposed to be a wonderful man manager, I don’t know about that but one thing he certainly is good at is working the media. He is seen as a good bloke, has cultivated the right friendships with Freddy, Gould and the Channel Nine crew through his work with the Origin teams. He makes himself available for the media, has long press conferences and doesn’t bite like Bellamy, Bennett, Hasler or Green. In short he is easy to work with and we don’t need that. The number of my mates who think I am being harsh when I call for him to be sacked is surprising. Why? He impresses them as honest and a straight up and down character. It’s only when you go through the results over the years that they see my point. Some however think I’m always whinging and that’s what St George supporters do.

Dragons 09

Juniors
No.

I'm old.
l've got many sore joints.
I've a bad back.
A car ran over my toes the other day.
l've got a black eye.
Holes in my jeans.
No teeth.
Lost all my hair.
Very little money.
Very few friends.
Been bankrupted.
Out of work.
My nickname is ............ Lucky.

You're a Rabbit's supporter?o_O

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No.

I'm old.
I've a bad back.
l've got a black eye.
Holes in my jeans.
No teeth.
Lost all my hair.
Very little money.
Very few friends.
Been bankrupted.
Out of work.
No.

I'm old.
I've a bad back.
l've got a black eye.
Holes in my jeans.
No teeth.
Lost all my hair.
Very little money.
Very few friends.
Been bankrupted.
Out of work.
And a Dragons supporter.

RED73V

Juniors
It’s alright for the Journo’s they play both sides to their own advantage. I don’t see any of them asking Mcdi*#witt the hard questions yet they will ask the people who live in hope of a good performance & pay good coin to watch a subpar crock of shit from their own team . Shame on you journo”s until you ask the hard questions of the coach DON”T EVEN COME NEAR THE FANS!!

j0nesy

Bench
Who cares what the journos say? I couldn’t give a f**k. It’s our club. I haven’t spoken negatively about our club outside of this forum. I’ll call it as I see it amongst fellow fans and members. I’m signing up to St George leagues club membership and I’m going to do what I can to change this CEO, this board and this stupid operating model within 10 years. If I make no progress then I’ll slink into the background and watch the odd game here or there and say nothing.

SaintPauli

Juniors
These "journalists" are just tabloid hacks. I watched Dean Ritchie call distressed fans "ignorant" a few days ago. What a waste of space he is.
Not one of these "journalists" has bothered researching the key areas McGregor fails in year in, year out.
Conservative team selections (particularly bench and outside backs) , poor use of interchange, consistent long losing streaks each year of his tenure, lack of a game plan, lack of urgency when there is a contest for the ball (or as Mary calls it, "unfortunate tries off kicks"), failure to manage representative players workloads, failure to manage mental and physical fatigue during a game, failure to bring promising juniors through when they're ready and with more upside than the incumbents.
Things smart students of the game have been talking about for years.
I have no problem when the team loses but plays with pride and to its potential. This team plays with no pride and is a rabble. The coach is solely responsible for this, even a tabloid hack should be able to see it.
Considering the reps we have,
St George Illawarra are the Lord of Failures team this year and dragons fans have every right to vent.

We have struggled since the Bennet era and our stats in the last 9 years, and particularly 6 years are alarming and well below a pass mark.

Journos and club management should perhaps explore this forum to get educated fans insights.

possm

Coach
Considering the reps we have,
St George Illawarra are the Lord of Failures team this year and dragons fans have every right to vent.

We have struggled since the Bennet era and our stats in the last 9 years, and particularly 6 years are alarming and well below a pass mark.

Journos and club management should perhaps explore this forum to get educated fans insights.
If only Doust signed Bennett for 5 years as requested. That would have given him another two years to continue at the top and maybe prepare some juniors or new recruits to ensure our future success. I mean he could have recruited Josh Morris when Gasnier retired and extended Brett's contract. All of the stupid signings that Craig Young arranged under the Price era would not have happened.