What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT's Side For Round 13 Clash against Warriors

1. Luke Capewell
2. John Tamanika
3. Jamie Simpson
4. Fetuli Talanoa
5. Nathan Merritt
6. John Sutton
7. Chris Sandow
8. Scott Geddes
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Luke Stuart
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Ben Lowe

14. George Ndaira
15. Shannan McPherson
16. David Kidwell
17. Manase Manuokafoa
18. Michael Greenfield

From The Idiotbox on the Souths Site!!!

Hegs and Vagana Injured, Widders dropped.

That is a gun side, I wish Jamie and Chris all the best for their debut.

African Monkey

First Grade
I like those changes. Good to see Taylor bring in guys who will put their hands up and interesting to see how Sandow goes.

ozbash

Referee
Good luck bunnies, heres the opposition;

Ah Van
Crockett
Ropati
Kirk
Vatuvei
Fien
Rovelli
Wiki (vc)
Henderson
Rapira
Lauaki
Mannering
Luck (c)

Hihohohaia
Tuimavavue
Packer
Fai

Bunnies 08

Juniors
I'm a big fan....This is something to come out of this season....Ok so the seasons gone but we may now atleast have a chance to unearth some new blood and talent...Often sides through injury and lack of results unearth a "gun" who was waiting in the shadows...Who knows bunnies fans, something positive may come out of this season after all.....Peter WALLACE wasn't wanted by panthers, given a go and now the origin halfback....May or may not happy to us but atleast im excited about the weekend.....I just hope that we stick to this and win/lose/draw there given chances just like the first blokes were.....

rabs

Staff member
wow, an exciting new era of souths young guns begins!

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Big call to unleash them against the Warriors away, but this is their chance.

Can't wait to see them in action.

African Monkey

First Grade
I don't take in a lot of confidence going into this game especially since we haven't beaten them since 1999 but hopefully i'll be proved wrong.

Matrix

Juniors
I like it I hope jamie simpson has a blinder after all hes been through and a nice guy to .

Alba

Coach
Not a fan of Sutto @ 5/8.. He's not a 5/8's arsehole. He should be at lock where he belongs.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Very interesting.

We've been calling for a lot of these changes ... so we better support the pants off these guys regardless of results.

I hope most of these guys are retained in the team regardless of results because 2008 is goneski and this can help a lot into the future.

Fingers crossed.

Dave Q

Coach
Not a fan of Sutto @ 5/8.. He's not a 5/8's arsehole. He should be at lock where he belongs.

Hes had better games in positions other than lock.

This is a pretty fresh backline, our warriors opponents are pretty powerful in that department so its a good test.

Huge test for Sandow. How will he cope?

Stuart and Dave present as a pretty tough second row, I hope they are fugging willing.

A mixed bag at interchange, Kiddy may drop out. Greenfield is just class and Manese's power may bother them. George to replace Luke and McPherson is still in JT's good books.

If our young guys can stick it out, this will be a great match

But beware the Warriors, they are a talented and gritty side. If they pick up the scent of fear, they will go in for the kill.

Our forwards have to step up for our youngsters. They really need to dominate this one.

Aso will want a big match, point to prove.

Times are a changing lads.

Congrats to all the kids.

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
I'm looking forward to watching it on TV now with these changes. I was dreading watching another pathetic performance, but with these players on the park they will be giving it their all as they have plenty to prove.

Good luck boys, I'll be cheering hard from Oz!

MattJ

Juniors
Its a tough debut to play such a physical game first up, especially over in NZ. In saying that, its pretty exciting to see so much fresh blood in the side.
Geddes is a suprise, hopefully nelson is dropped from the bench.
Im also a believer that Sutton is a natural lock and thats where he belongs.
Look for Issac to have a blinder on his home soil.

Bunnies 08

Juniors
Can someone please confirm for me if the game is the first or the second game shown on channel nine? Also is it true that it is replayed on fox at 1am in the morning?

Zigwaa

Bench
Its a tough debut to play such a physical game first up, especially over in NZ. In saying that, its pretty exciting to see so much fresh blood in the side.
Geddes is a suprise, hopefully nelson is dropped from the bench.
Im also a believer that Sutton is a natural lock and thats where he belongs.
Look for Issac to have a blinder on his home soil.

Yeah it is a tough debut against a big kiwi pack.

I was talking to Tom Learoyd-Lahrs back in Tamworth and he said he played his first game (i think it was trial) against the warriors. He said he was sh!tting himself and had Gordon Tallis next to him geeing him up for a big hit off the kick-off, it went straight to Iefeta Pa'alaesina (not sure of spelling) and he gave the hit all he had came up seeing stars, wobbling saying "did I get him?" haha.

Hope our debutants don't suffer the same fate.

Dave Q

Coach
The warriors usually start with an oommpf... but they can be run down.

We didnt fear the storm, we shouldnt fear them.

Im not sure if we out-bro them though, but we must be close.

bros' dont fear bro's.