What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic - *Johns fights Grading*

Parra Guru

Coach
strider said:
OMG - I didn't think of that #-o

BTW - did anyone see the sunday footy show? Cheif was on it and was doing his usual talking up Newcastle and TK pretty much said something along the lines of - When are you gonna stop covering everything up? ... then Cheif proceeded again with his crap #-o.... f**k he annoys me!

I saw it and was going to make mention of it in this thread. He was basically talking up Johns' passion and that they should have a bit more "empathy" towards him :roll: .

If this was his first offence this season, maybe. But this is the final straw in a string of un-sportsman like behaviour. Lets not forget a lot of kids watch League and look up to dickheads like Johns.

He deserves at least a 2 week suspension, his comments were disgusting. As is his whole "I'm Andrew Johns, I can do what I want" attitude problem we've had to suffer over the last 10 years.

Freak2

Juniors
I think it is absolutely hidious that Joey can be suspended for any length of time for verbal abuse at an official.

Sets a very nasty precedent and actually determining that the abuse was directed at an official Vs at a team mate, opposition, or spectator well there is simply to many headaches and too many loop holes.

I really don't want to see the greatest player of all time suspsended for this offence, especially at this time of the year and also considering the frustration from a poor decision. Don't start setting examples now. Do it in R3!

The Colonel

Immortal
I agree it should have been done earlier in the season but it shouldn't matter who it is...... Johns has been guilty of it on more than just two occassions this year (as have others). In any lower grade competition he could be looking at 12 months....

Freak2

Juniors
Officials can cop the odd spray. If they can't they shouldn't be officiating the game. I'm sure every single Referee and Touchie to have ever carried a flag or blow a whistle has copped a spray.

There is no justice in suspending Joey now. As pointed out colonel he has been spraying for years. WHY NOW!!

He should get off and will!!

Suitman

Post Whore
I still cannot believe how lightly he was treated when he had his dummy spit at Parramatta Stadium when we were going to award him a trophy when he became the games top point scorer.
He may as well have just spat in Jason Taylors face.

I will never deny he is one of the greatest players to ever lace up a boot, but I will not be remembering him fondly.

Suity

Parra Guru

Coach
Suitman said:
I still cannot believe how lightly he was treated when he had his dummy spit at Parramatta Stadium when we were going to award him a trophy when he became the games top point scorer.

I will never deny he is one of the greatest players to ever lace up a boot, but I will not be remembering him fondly.

Suity

I think a lot of league fans will have the same view Suity.

I certainly won't be raving to my kids about him in years to come.

Freak2

Juniors
Suitman said:

Suity

A lot of top liners don't die off graceously. I can recall the King gettting rather Frustrated at the end of his career. Gordan Tallis the same. Ricky Stuart became the worlds biggest brat!

Must be frustrating to have all this success and it is then just taken away from you. Some people choose to ignore the fact that they are not what they used to be and simply choose to blame someone else!!

SAD BUT TRUE!!

mickdo

Coach
Freak2 said:
Officials can cop the odd spray. If they can't they shouldn't be officiating the game. I'm sure every single Referee and Touchie to have ever carried a flag or blow a whistle has copped a spray.

There is no justice in suspending Joey now. As pointed out colonel he has been spraying for years. WHY NOW!!

He should get off and will!!
The problem is, it isn't an 'odd spray'. He has done it countless times, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Parra Guru

Coach
Freak2 said:
A lot of top liners don't die off graceously. I can recall the King gettting rather Frustrated at the end of his career. Gordan Tallis the same. Ricky Stuart became the worlds biggest brat!

Must be frustrating to have all this success and it is then just taken away from you. Some people choose to ignore the fact that they are not what they used to be and simply choose to blame someone else!!

SAD BUT TRUE!!

tbh Tallis gave me the impression that he couldn't give a sh*t in his last year

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
The problem is, it isn't an 'odd spray'. He has done it countless times, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Exactly, and I am glad the NRL realise that nobody, yep nobody, is bigger than the game itself.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Hit him hard, when I was a kid I was told to treat referees with respect. Why cant he? He is not bigger then the game itself. Well worthy of a suspension.

Bye bye Knights.

Freak2

Juniors
In his defence he is going to show 6+ other players swearing at referees.

He will and should get off!!

If he is found guilty why isn't Brian Carney & Danny Buderus on the same charge sheet??

If he is found guilty watch for many many others to follow this season and beyond!!

You simply cannot change the rules as we go along! Too many others including Johns himself should have been charged with this offence already this season. Would be suprised to see everyone have the same attitude if it was Hindmarsh or Tahu planted with this offence???

stuke

Bench
the bloke gooses himself in his quest for publicity.

three weeks ago he comes out and tells us through the media that he needs to take more responsibility and change his use of language on the field....the we get "I swore and I won't apologise".

he has backed the NRL into a corner with this one due to his arrogant attitude.

mickdo

Coach
Freak2 said:
In his defence he is going to show 6+ other players swearing at referees.

He will and should get off!!

If he is found guilty why isn't Brian Carney & Danny Buderus on the same charge sheet??

If he is found guilty watch for many many others to follow this season and beyond!!

You simply cannot change the rules as we go along! Too many others including Johns himself should have been charged with this offence already this season. Would be suprised to see everyone have the same attitude if it was Hindmarsh or Tahu planted with this offence???
Showing 6 other players doing the same won't help him get off. It might help the charge be lessened, but there is no way the NRL is going to set that kind of bad example.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This will be interresting

now we'll see if he is a protected species or not

Sean7

Juniors
Twizzle said:
This will be interresting

now we'll see if he is a protected species or not

Not really.

Players swear at officials all the time and nothing happens. I think it's pathetic if they decide to make an example of him. If it's the straw that broke the camels back then that's just sad. He should've been charged before. The penalty is extremely harsh. As someone else said, you can't change the rules mid-season and if he's suspended for 3 weeks they would be doing just that.

I don't care if he's an arsehole or not. All this childish crap, people just want to see him hung because they don't like him. Yeah he gets away with stuff, but the great players always do and always have. Too bad.

They've been soft all year and now this. Give me a break.

One week at the most.

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

Bloody oath!
He has gotten way too big for his boots and it couldnt have happened to a nicer person.
So many people look up to him; young kids, aspiring halfbacks in the lower grades, bloody hell even some NRL players look up to him. The way he behaves on the field is watched by people everywhere and when he gets off scot free this sends such a bad message to these people.
I hope he fights it and looses, he deserves it all