What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic - *Johns fights Grading*

mickdo

Coach
Sean7 said:
Not really.

Players swear at officials all the time and nothing happens. I think it's pathetic if they decide to make an example of him. If it's the straw that broke the camels back then that's just sad. He should've been charged before. The penalty is extremely harsh. As someone else said, you can't change the rules mid-season and if he's suspended for 3 weeks they would be doing just that.

I don't care if he's an arsehole or not. All this childish crap, people just want to see him hung because they don't like him. Yeah he gets away with stuff, but the great players always do and always have. Too bad.

They've been soft all year and now this. Give me a break.

One week at the most.
They're not changing the rules if he has ben let off previously with a warning not to do it again. Simply, he pushed it too far. It would have only been a 2 week suspension if he didn't have a bad record that added to the loading, just like Fui had to cop it.

Redback71

First Grade
can the knights beat the cowboys without joey at home some how im not so confident i think without johns theyll loose this weekend.

Redback71

First Grade
but 28 points being the cut off even if they loose the games verse the cowboys and panthers theyll get two points from the bye which will give them 28 points so they should finish 7th or 8th but without johns they will get flogged by the storm or dogs in week 1 of the finals, so there best chance is to fight it and try and get johns off because they are GONESKYS without him.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
In his defence he is going to show 6+ other players swearing at referees.

He will and should get off!!

If he is found guilty why isn't Brian Carney & Danny Buderus on the same charge sheet??

If he is found guilty watch for many many others to follow this season and beyond!!

You simply cannot change the rules as we go along! Too many others including Johns himself should have been charged with this offence already this season. Would be suprised to see everyone have the same attitude if it was Hindmarsh or Tahu planted with this offence???

Doesn't matter if he shows 60 people with the same offence. He still shouldn't get off. It is like saying that I know of ten other people who were drink driving offence and I should get off because they weren't caught but I was.....

If he hadn't have sworn at the touchie he wouldn't have been charged. If our boys do the same thing then good stuff. I'm over seeing officials being abused and nothing being done....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He is a wanker, deserves 5 weeks, if we told our teachers to f**k off or call them merkins, would we expect the teacher just to say thats ok?

CrazyEel

Bench
LOL, I was booked for speeding only last week and I was basically just keeping up with traffic on the motorway. When I asked the cop why he's booking me and not the others he replied "because you are the one I caught". Meh, go figure!!

Johns brought it all down upon himself with his persistent outbursts over the last few months culminating in his holier than though article demanding an apology from the officials. Once, twice, your gone and so he should be.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Johns scenario applies to everyone in everday life, just because things don't go the way people wanted to go, doesn't mean you can call them farkin merkins, and to think that there are morons out there who believe Johns is hard done by, f**k ME DEAD!!!!!!!

Enough is enough, next we will be saying that it's allright to hit a touchie because he made the wrong decision.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Twizzle, it doesn't set a very good example, being called f**king merkin isn't something anyone should tolerate, an example has to be made.

The Colonel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
he shouldn't get off, but no way it deserves 3 weeks imo

He is only getting three weeks because of the elbow he dropped on Josh Lewis. If he behaved himself than it wouldn't be a problem. it was three weeks max with 2 for an early plea - than he has the 93 carryover points to be added. Its worth two weeks.... he just cops the extra for the elbow.

jayman

Juniors
if we end up 4th.. and knights stay at 5... thats a very nice senario for the first week of finals...

or even if we move to 3..and knights drop a few games and move to 6... how good would a first final be against the knights with no joey..

AND to top it all off.. if theres an upset.. ie.. dogs storm lose first week.. we might sneak in with a week off too.. that would allow all our injured players an extra week too..

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dont you all worry about Andrew Johns

Mr Brian Smith will tone and tame him next year ;-)

:D

fish eel

Immortal
I certainly dont condone referees being abused....I'd hate to see league end up like european football where refs get surrounded by players, so on one hand I think it's good to see them clamping down.

On the other....FFS, a huge game, a massive call that the officials got wrong....in the heat of the moment I can understand why any player would have done that. Circumstances should have been taken into consideration, 1 or 2 weeks plus a fine imo.

mickdo

Coach
fish eel said:
I certainly dont condone referees being abused....I'd hate to see league end up like european football where refs get surrounded by players, so on one hand I think it's good to see them clamping down.

On the other....FFS, a huge game, a massive call that the officials got wrong....in the heat of the moment I can understand why any player would have done that. Circumstances should have been taken into consideration, 1 or 2 weeks plus a fine imo.
As has been said many times already, he did get 2 weeks, but his previous conviction and carry over points pushed it to 3 with an early plea, just like Fui's blew out for prior indescretions.

The Colonel

Immortal
The NRL doesn't fine players like they do in the AFL for on-field incidents and he was given a two week suspension if he took the early plea, fishy. Loading and carry over points have increased it just like what happened with Fui.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
The NRL doesn't fine players like they do in the AFL for on-field incidents and he was given a two week suspension if he took the early plea, fishy. Loading and carry over points have increased it just like what happened with Fui.

I know.

But firstly, I think they should fine players.

And with the carry over points - I think they should only apply for similar offences. So with Fui, they would have applied as he has a track record with high shots....not sure if Johns has been charged with this before?

The other thing, and it's just a side issue, it possibly robs the rugby league world of seeing the best player in the world play in the final series. He hasnt done that for a while.....

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I know.

But firstly, I think they should fine players.

Maybe - but that is something they have to negotiate with the RLPA.

And with the carry over points - I think they should only apply for similar offences. So with Fui, they would have applied as he has a track record with high shots....not sure if Johns has been charged with this before?

Carryover points should apply for all suspensions. If Hindy gets done for a high tackle we could miss him for two weeks as he has carryovers as well. It applies to all.

The other thing, and it's just a side issue, it possibly robs the rugby league world of seeing the best player in the world play in the final series. He hasnt done that for a while.....

Well if he hadn't have infringed then it wouldn't be an issue. I don't think it is something the NRL took too lightly in doing

fish eel

Immortal
Well if he hadn't have infringed then it wouldn't be an issue.

And that's the bottom line, isn't it?

Same as it was with Fui. Don't do the crime, then you don't have to do the time.

I just think in this case, considering the circumstances, a season ending suspension is over the top. But I can understand why the NRL wanted to send a message.....