What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic R17

Patsy

Juniors
Matai's hit was at least as bad as Barrett's. So much for different rules for SOO. Me thinks, Matai's disgusting judiciary record has actually saved him here. If they had charged him it would have been at least 6 weeks and they didn't want to do that to a Manly player now, did they. Who said the Arko years are over.......

here we go again - andrew ryan gets off on the same thing last year (or year before) but since it is a manly player everyone thinks he deserves suspensions - people on here are about as consistent as the video refs with their opinions

maestro1

Bench
here we go again - andrew ryan gets off on the same thing last year (or year before) but since it is a manly player everyone thinks he deserves suspensions - people on here are about as consistent as the video refs with their opinions

Hey Patsy,

How was Matai's any different to Barrett's...and don't say that warburton was falling as Inglis was as well. If there is no difference, then why no charge. Let's stick to the discussion.

Matai's hit was at least as bad as Barrett's. So much for different rules for SOO. Me thinks, Matai's disgusting judiciary record has actually saved him here. If they had charged him it would have been at least 6 weeks and they didn't want to do that to a Manly player now, did they. Who said the Arko years are over.......

The obvious difference has already been pointed out. The very post you replied to no less.

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
Hey Patsy,

How was Matai's any different to Barrett's...and don't say that warburton was falling as Inglis was as well. If there is no difference, then why no charge. Let's stick to the discussion.

Read the post by Biscuits, you did reply to it. Am I going out on a limb saying you are not the sharpest tool in the shed?

Patsy

Juniors
Hey Patsy,

unless inglis' arse was sinking into the stadium turf he was in fact stationery

the dogs player fell at the very last second - not much matai could do to avoid considering he would have hit him in the mid rift had the dogs player not fell

im just glad some common sense has preveiled for a change - wish it would continue right across the board - judiciary, video ref etc

maestro1

Bench
unless inglis' arse was sinking into the stadium turf he was in fact stationery

the dogs player fell at the very last second - not much matai could do to avoid considering he would have hit him in the mid rift had the dogs player not fell

im just glad some common sense has preveiled for a change - wish it would continue right across the board - judiciary, video ref etc

Patsy,

answer me this..........Did Matai make contact with Warburton's head. If you answer yes, then you agree that he should have been charged as last time I looked, players are not allowed to make contact with an oppositions head, regardless of whether that player is falling. The player falling might lessen the grading but at no time does it stop the player being charged. If you answer "NO", then I suggest an appointment with your optometrist.

Before you answer, keep in mind that warburton suffered a mouth injury from the hit. The replay was clear and the fox commentators suggested Matai would be in trouble.

Patsy

Juniors
Patsy,

answer me this..........Did Matai make contact with Warburton's head. If you answer yes, then you agree that he should have been charged as last time I looked, players are not allowed to make contact with an oppositions head, regardless of whether that player is falling. The player falling might lessen the grading but at no time does it stop the player being charged. If you answer "NO", then I suggest an appointment with your optometrist.

Before you answer, keep in mind that warburton suffered a mouth injury from the hit. The replay was clear and the fox commentators suggested Matai would be in trouble.

i did expect a minor charge but then i remembered andrew ryan got off on exactly the same thing so if matai was charged his defence would be see andrew ryan case.

mave

Coach
Patsy,

Well, in that case...

Dutchy

Immortal
keep in mind that warburton suffered a mouth injury from the hit. The replay was clear and the fox commentators suggested Matai would be in trouble.

Then why has he been named to play this week?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Because the MRC is a bunch of softc*ck idiots. Matai should have been cited and suspended.

Timmah

Staff member
So?

Matai's a cat, went in with a swinging arm.

;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Must be violent :)

Does it have a back/neck problem? :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
And today's Telegraph has Moore quoted as saying he's only 50/50 to play.

maestro1

Bench
Well, in that case...

Mave,

The commentators endorsement is definitely not the "be all and end all", but it does show an opinion from the so-called "experts". They definitely do get heaps wrong. In saying that, they all thought it would be looked at further and were surprised it didn't get a harsher treatment from the officials on the night.. In this case it obviously doesn't suit you to go with the "experst" so you brush their opinion aside. I'm sure if they'd said that there was nothing in it, you would not have discounted them so easily.

Latest posts