What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary News

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So Benny's actions are as bad as someone coming 3rd man in and punching someone from behind in a cowardly act????? :?

strider

Post Whore
yeah, i didn't think ben's was that bad ..... but i guess you've gotta be careful these days

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ludicrous charge against Ben Smith...they're basically saying that he should be punished the same as James Tamou will be for deliberately and maliciously attacking a blokes head from behind. f**king ridiculous, he shouldn't even get a charge for that incident...

That's how I feel!

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Benny wanted to put pressure on Prince he shouldn't have his elbow raised like that. It was dangerous and he should have known if he made contact it would be ugly.

It's purely an instinctual act, though - any time you jump up to charge down a kick, your arm tends to float up, either trying to smother the ball or inadvertently protect your head. In my experience, anyway.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty. Sure was. But a two week ban is pretty harsh - especially seeing how Fui will get off (and please don't say I'm having a go at Fui, because I love the big man).

Eelementary

Post Whore
hey man its not Fuis fault Princes head was in the way of his forearm

No. But what I am trying to say is this:

Smith was in the air and couldn't do too much.

Moimoi came in as the third man in the tackle with a swinging arm to the guy's head..

IMO neither was THAT bad, but Moimoi's was worse because the tackle was already complete, you know?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
benny didnt intentionally have his arm raised. i doubt he neither wanted to make contact with the kicker. all he wanted to do was apply pressure.

this is how i see it:
1.ben smith is running at prince at a certain speed
2. as prince kicks, benny jumps to provide more pressure and maybe hope of getting a charge down?
3. as he is jumping he turns away to protect himself of getting the ball kicked into his face
4. because of momentum and smith's turning body, he accidently elbows prince in the face

No malice in the incident whatsoever.. crap explanation i know but i can only do as much with my brain capacity :(

Give your brain a rest. It's done very well for one night.:lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
hey man its not Fuis fault Princes head was in the way of his forearm

I agree, Prince had a brain explosion, he deliberately tried to attack Ben Smith's elbow with his head.
He should have been charged a grade 4 attacking Benny's elbow.

What does Benny's elbow have to say????

"That Prince f**king tried to mess with my ligaments",
"I can't believe he got off Scott-free..... what an arsehole"

Parramatta+Eels+Training+Session+mPsG72iBUUtl.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
It's purely an instinctual act, though - any time you jump up to charge down a kick, your arm tends to float up, either trying to smother the ball or inadvertently protect your head. In my experience, anyway.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty. Sure was. But a two week ban is pretty harsh - especially seeing how Fui will get off (and please don't say I'm having a go at Fui, because I love the big man).

If the kicker is hit late it's a penalty... if they're hit not only late but also high then it's a dangerous contact charge accidental or not. If you're going to try and pressure the kicker you need to be careful as the onus is on you to pull out and if you don't you have to suffer the consequences. Benny should have kept his arms raised for the charge down and not turned his back once he'd committed to the charge down.
'

bradeel

Juniors
yep. Decisions usually come through in line with NRL on Fox from around 7.30pm. Dunno if that is coincidental or designed to give them breaking news content...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
yep. Decisions usually come through in line with NRL on Fox from around 7.30pm. Dunno if that is coincidental or designed to give them breaking news content...

We are talking about News Limited NRL here... Storm, Broncos, Fox, Daily Telecrap, Referees, Judiciary, Salary Cap, etc, News Limited NRL is in the thick of everything NRL.

EelDredd

Juniors
yep
Parramatta Eels backrower Ben Smith will miss two NRL matches after failing to have his grade two dangerous contact charge downgraded at the judiciary on Wednesday.
Smith could have only missed one match with an early guilty plea after being cited for a hit on Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince during last Friday's loss to the Titans.
Instead he will now miss Friday's trip to Brisbane as well as the round 24 clash against the Wests Tigers.
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...amattas-smith-cops-two-match-ban/default.aspx

Redback71

First Grade
y did he fight it? he was never gonna get off, and i rekon its stupid how you get penalized for tring to clear your name, always have.

Eels Dude

Coach
y did he fight it? he was never gonna get off, and i rekon its stupid how you get penalized for tring to clear your name, always have.

Yeah it was silly for the club to contest it... He was guilty plain and simple. It's not so much a penalty for attempting to clear your name, moreso if you admit you are guilty you get a discount. Similar to taking a plea bargain in a criminal case, you admit you did it, you get a lesser sentence than you would if it goes to trial and you're found guilty.

Latest posts