What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Update - Sam Burgess - Round 11, 2013

DC_fan

Coach
Judiciary Update - Sam Burgess - Round 11, 2013

Words: Patrick Brady I Photos: nrlphotos.com

Tuesday 28 May 2013 9:20 AM

00077939-leadimage.jpg

Burgess will attract 142 points with an early guilty plea or 190 points if he fights the charge and is found guilty. The base penalty for the charge is 100 points but Burgess receives 90% loading for one previous similar charge in the last two years and two non-similar charges in the past two years.
No decision has been made about how he will plead at this stage.
The tackle occurred in the 35th minute on Andrew Fifita.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Judiciary-Update--Sam-Burgess--Round-11-2013/75751

Big Sam

First Grade
100 points = 1 week, right? So it's a week if he takes the early plea or if he fights it unsuccessfully.

Gonna be a big test on Saturday minus 3 of the Big 5 (assuming Sutton is named today).

Sam Burgess facing one game ban for crusher tackle on Cronulla's Andrew Fifita

SOUTH Sydney star Sam Burgess is facing a one week suspension for an ugly crusher tackle on Andrew Fifita in last night's loss to Cronulla.

Burgess will miss a game even with the early guilty plea and must contest the charge and win at the judiciary if he is to play next Saturday against the Knights.

He would still miss one game if he contested the charge and lost.

The England international was disadvantaged by three prior judiciary offences in the last two years.

Rooster Aidan Guerra (dangerous contact) and Warrior Sam Rapira (tripping) were also charged yesterday, but can escape suspension with early guilty pleas.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...as-andrew-fifita/story-fni3gki8-1226651972418

Zinga

Juniors
I have to say SB needs to wake up to himself. That was just not what we needed from him leading into this week with SOO players missing allready. I hope he has a long think about it, it was just stupid!

English Rose

Juniors
I have to say SB needs to wake up to himself. That was just not what we needed from him leading into this week with SOO players missing allready. I hope he has a long think about it, it was just stupid!

Yes it wasn't the brightest move and with Sutton now with NSW and Crocker still out injured you have lost your 3 captains. Who will captain the side now? Roy Asotasi?

Ziggy the God

First Grade

I doubt he did it on purpose, but he has to control his aggression at times.

We will miss him out there this weekend, no doubt about it.

Souths' Sam Burgess gets one game NRL ban

AAP
Wed 29th May, 7:48pm

Sam Burgess is found guilty of a grade one dangerous contact charge at the NRL judiciary
South Sydney forward Sam Burgess will miss the Rabbitohs' match against Newcastle on Saturday after being found guilty of a grade one dangerous contact charge by the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Souths decided to fight the charge with Burgess set to miss a game regardless of whether he took an early guilty plea.

The English international was charged with grade one dangerous contact to the neck or head, following a high tackle on new NSW State of Origin forward Andrew Fifita during Monday night's loss to Cronulla.

Ladder-leading Souths will find themselves substantially understrength on Saturday at ANZ Stadium, Burgess's suspension coming after they lost Greg Inglis, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen and possibly John Sutton to Origin duty.

http://www.nrl.com/souths-sam-burgess-gets-one-game-nrl-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/72584/default.aspx

English Rose

Juniors
Do you think if he was an Aussie playing in origin this week they would have given him a 1 game ban? I don't think so

Big Sam

First Grade
Now ineligible for the Dally M due to two separate suspensions. Not sure if this also rules him out for a positional award.

Zigwaa

Bench
Who comes in for S.Burgess? Is Crocker still injured? Maybe Tom Burgess will get a run.

Latest posts