What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

redv13

Bench

Dragon David

First Grade
The other thing that bugged me over the weekend was in the Penrith v Raiders game when after Charlie Staines scores, Stephen Crichton nudges Raiders player Joseph Tapine in the back when Tapine was minding his own business and then Crichton drags Tapine into the "gang" of Panthers players to rib him and Tapine was close to losing his block but kept his cool.

Crichton should have received a suspension on top of the fine of $1,300 as in my opinion it was excessive contrary conduct as it could have turned out much worse.

BLM01

First Grade
Pfft..Paul Crawley is a typical alarmist PC journo but of course nothing to do with his love for Ricky and Canberra.
What is wrong with arrogance when you can back it up.
It obviously works as they have been almost unbeatable for a year.
Keep it going I say..winners grinners. The game needs a bit of spice from the boring sanitisation.
Was a Mary supporter until his brother got punted and finally got on the FOX bus admitting finally Dragons needed change..long after everyone else.

getsmarty

Immortal
62969947fuimaonotyrell-210425-1gp_5376_202142516639.jpg

JUDICIARY

Trio charged by match review committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 26 Apr 2021, 10:37 AM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra trio Tyrell Fuimaono, Mikaele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira have all been charged by the NRL match review committee following the Dragons' hefty loss to the Sydney Roosters on Anzac Day.

Pereira's highly publicised hit on Roosters fullback James Tedesco will see him miss three weeks with an early guilty plea after being charged with a grade three careless high tackle.

Fellow winger Ravalawa is facing two to three weeks on the sidelines after being hit with a grade two shoulder charge on Roosters centre Josh Morris.

Fuimaono's grade one careless high tackle, also on Tedesco, will see him fined $1350 with an early guilty plea.

The Dragons have until 12pm Tuesday to lodge each player's pleas.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/26/trio-charged-by-match-review-committee/

Dragon David

First Grade
62969947fuimaonotyrell-210425-1gp_5376_202142516639.jpg

JUDICIARY

Trio charged by match review committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 26 Apr 2021, 10:37 AM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra trio Tyrell Fuimaono, Mikaele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira have all been charged by the NRL match review committee following the Dragons' hefty loss to the Sydney Roosters on Anzac Day.

Pereira's highly publicised hit on Roosters fullback James Tedesco will see him miss three weeks with an early guilty plea after being charged with a grade three careless high tackle.

Fellow winger Ravalawa is facing two to three weeks on the sidelines after being hit with a grade two shoulder charge on Roosters centre Josh Morris.

Fuimaono's grade one careless high tackle, also on Tedesco, will see him fined $1350 with an early guilty plea.

The Dragons have until 12pm Tuesday to lodge each player's pleas.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/26/trio-charged-by-match-review-committee/
Thanks getsmarty.

SGMax

Juniors
Looking at Ravalawa's tackle, it was in the ribs.
You can't wrap your arms around if you are bent over and your head is down.
If we challenge it, I think we may be successful.

Then again, they will show how serious they are over Shoulder charges by standing firm against the Dragons....and protecting the chooks.
This is a terrible system where you can't question the charges for fear of extra penalty.

I know the commentators have to have their say but surely the coaches involved can be asked to not influence the process by making demands and comments until after the reviewers are done.
Robinson has a sook after every damn game.

boardlumps62

Juniors
This is how I would respond
My defence for Ravalawa is he led with his shoulder (and head). This is how a good tackle to the abdomen (gut) region is executed. You lead with the shoulder (forget about the head for now) and drive into the oppositions body. Your arms then come into play to wrap around the body of your opponent as you lift and drive them into the ground hoping it is the cricket pitch (old grounds of yesteryear) area so they feel the real impact of the tackle. There is every chance your opponent will have sore ribs his breath will be knocked out of him and there is every chance his head will strike the ground/cricket pitch and be knocked senseless.
Now his head hit the opponent's gut as he came from the side and misjudged or mistimed the tackle by Milli seconds. Also Ravalawas right arm doesn't wrap because of the angle of attack and he uses it to maintain his balance. His left arm does wrap if you look at the photo taken from behind Morris (that photo has been produced by someone here on Facebook have any of you seen it?). Actually you can see Ravalawa's left arm make contact with Josh Morris's body in this photo.
There we have it a legitimate tackle he did not use a shoulder charge and did not strike the opponent's head.
Not guilty!
Then again, they will show how serious they are over Shoulder charges by standing firm against the Dragons....and protecting the chooks.
This is a terrible system where you can't question the charges for fear of extra penalty.

I know the commentators have to have their say but surely the coaches involved can be asked to not influence the process by making demands and comments until after the reviewers are done.

boardlumps62

Juniors
My defence for Ravalawa is he led with his shoulder (and head). This is how a good tackle to the abdomen (gut) region is executed. You lead with the shoulder (forget about the head for now) and drive into the oppositions body. Your arms then come into play to wrap around the body of your opponent as you lift and drive them into the ground hoping it is the cricket pitch (old grounds of yesteryear) area so they feel the real impact of the tackle. There is every chance your opponent will have sore ribs his breath will be knocked out of him and there is every chance his head will strike the ground/cricket pitch and be knocked senseless.
Now his head hit the opponent's gut as he came from the side and misjudged or mistimed the tackle by Milli seconds. Also Ravalawas right arm doesn't wrap because of the angle of attack and he uses it to maintain his balance. His left arm does wrap if you look at the photo taken from behind Morris (that photo has been produced by someone here on Facebook have any of you seen it?). Actually you can see Ravalawa's left arm make contact with Josh Morris's body in this photo.
There we have it a legitimate tackle he did not use a shoulder charge and did not strike the opponent's head.
Not guilty!

boardlumps62

Juniors

Sorry SGMax I am trying to write a reply but think I am screwing it up

Gareth67

First Grade

Right on the money there SGMax ! To my way of thinking Tedesco slipped and began to fall as he attempted to step past Pereira - not our mans fault . Nor is he an aggressive player by any stretch of the imagination .

I haven’t seen Fuimaomo tackle , however the chap seems like a nice fella , so a caution should be appropriate in this instance .

As to Ravawala’s tackle , I must say that it did not look the best ( even although it gave me a chuckle ) , but in his defense I could swear that I heard Morris sledging the poor man - case dismissed .

The bad point for Rav now is that the refs will be watching every tackle he makes in the future and act accordingly , I would hate to see the mans aggressive tackle style reined in by the judiciary , more so because of some sick and sorry chooks .