What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

BLM01

First Grade
Can anyone tell me how Jordon Rapana a perennial players who isue dirt in a game escapes suspension from 1. coming in with the knees on a player scoring a try and 2. a blatant trip.
They have gone soft on suspending players in contention for finals.
How ray Stone copped 2 weeks for a guy falling and he bent his back to tackle hime around the ball is beyond me. He hit him in the head because the player dropped.
Penalty or at worst fine sufficient.
preston for a classic hip drop just gets 2 weeks, others 3-4?
Once a rort always a rort

Gareth67

First Grade
As the great man ( Rex Mossop ) himself would say - “ I am just absolutely flabbergasted ! “

“ Why in my days at the Sea Eagles I would twist my opponents head 180 degrees and give him a couple of cauliflower ears at the same time and the ref would say nothing. But not now , today’s players only need to fart in the wrong direction and the ref comes down hard on them , simply unbelievable ! “ 😳

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
As the great man ( Rex Mossop ) himself would say - “ I am just absolutely flabbergasted ! “

“ Why in my days at the Sea Eagles I would twist my opponents head 180 degrees and give him a couple of cauliflower ears at the same time and the ref would say nothing. But not now , today’s players only need to fart in the wrong direction and the ref comes down hard on them , simply unbelievable ! “ 😳
All those fines they are amassing will go towards a massive end of year party for the refs and MRC and judicial officials. During Rex Mossop days there was Controversy Corner with Mossop, Ferris Ashton, Alan Clarkson, Col Pearce and Noel Kelly which was great to watch. All those guys would be cringing in their respective graves knowing how the smallest offence can attract either heavy fines or suspensions.

Times, they are a changing!

BLM01

First Grade
This is one that frustrates me. When is a suspension not a suspension?
When you get picked to play test matches for your country that you cant play in whilst on suspension.
so JWH can serve his suspension depending on how many games in this Pacific tournament they get to play.
His 7 game ban could be over this year.
NRL what is the point of your rules when you allow this s&%% to happen on many levels.

Dragon David

First Grade
When you get picked to play test matches for your country that you cant play in whilst on suspension.
so JWH can serve his suspension depending on how many games in this Pacific tournament they get to play.
NRL what is the point of your rules when you allow this s&%% to happen on many levels.
It is just unbelievable and should not be allowed. The Pacific tournament should not be part of his suspension. Yes, let him play those Pacific games for match fitness but it should not affect his suspension period which should be for premiership games.

blue bags

First Grade
A Clayton's suspension
And appeal so roosters included pre season trial games used for suspension
And a few more fines
So hasbeengreaves play's in Vegas
It's a more understanding leaneant penalty for hardbeanes and the mighty Roosters 😁

qld redvee

Juniors
It is just unbelievable and should not be allowed. The Pacific tournament should not be part of his suspension. Yes, let him play those Pacific games for match fitness but it should not affect his suspension period which should be for premiership games.
more importantly why would he be selected for this tournament when he cant play because he is suspended

dannyt

Coach
I could be wrong, but I thought JWH retired from test footy, so he cannot use the Pacific tournament towards a suspension.

Edit: Just found this article: https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...r&cvid=6f7ee66b3ad04ef9ce786c60912a2d37&ei=24

Outrageous!!

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Much better than earlier in the year thanks jak , a few health problems which I have now fully recovered from .

Must slow down and keep the cholesterol low or a repeat of another hospital stay is on the cards .

Other than that all is fine .
Take good care Gareth and do as your Doctor says and take your medication. Do exercises as needed. Have regular blood tests done and so on. :D

Latest posts