What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Dragon David

First Grade
Can someone explain how our players got 5 weeks and Munster only gets a fine for a deliberate kick to an opponent ?
Because they treat us with utter disdain and make an example of us to show the world that they are tough and we are weak in not voicing any objection or criticism on how unfair we have been or being treated. Our guys need to make a stand and I mean MAKE A STAND!

thebigredv

First Grade
Sin bins have completely dried up.

I'll not drop it.

Paul Vaughan barely scratches Chamber's face (who feigns injury) - sin bin. Sharks win by a point.

Tonight Chambers hit a Panther squarely in the face and he stays on the field. Sharks win by a point.

They've changed the rules, they've 'adjusted' and they will now find head highs will be more or less as prevalent with players staying on the field. Just liked Korisau tripping tonight, why not when Kaufusi gets away for it and Munster can kick players. I genuinely feel there are some clubs like us, whose players can't get away with it.

Meanwhile we still wait for two of our players to return to the field some 5 weeks on. The inconsistency was always going to disadvantage some teams, just happened to be us the most from what I can see.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sin bins have completely dried up.

I'll not drop it.

Paul Vaughan barely scratches Chamber's face (who feigns injury) - sin bin. Sharks win by a point.

Tonight Chambers hit a Panther squarely in the face and he stays on the field. Sharks win by a point.

They've changed the rules, they've 'adjusted' and they will now find head highs will be more or less as prevalent with players staying on the field. Just liked Korisau tripping tonight, why not when Kaufusi gets away for it and Munster can kick players. I genuinely feel there are some clubs like us, whose players can't get away with it.

Meanwhile we still wait for two of our players to return to the field some 5 weeks on. The inconsistency was always going to disadvantage some teams, just happened to be us the most from what I can see.
I've said my piece about this matter. Hopefully these "adjustments" to the rules will continue for the game on Monday when we play the Bulldogs, otherwise, it's over red rover for me.

Gareth67

First Grade
I truly thought that they would continue on with it over the entire SOO series before gradually dropping it into the ‘ too hard ‘ basket .

Still V’landys was formerly a big-wig in the horse racing industry , so he must know what he is doing , after all horses and rugby league players have so much in common. . 😳

Dragon David

First Grade
I truly thought that they would continue on with it over the entire SOO series before gradually dropping it into the ‘ too hard ‘ basket .

Still V’landys was formerly a big-wig in the horse racing industry , so he must know what he is doing , after all horses and rugby league players have so much in common. . 😳
With Trent Robbo and the media going on about the softness now of the infringements and where is the consistency since magic round, you watch how they will crackdown on US!

Gareth67

First Grade
With Trent Robbo and the media going on about the softness now of the infringements and where is the consistency since magic round, you watch how they will crackdown on US!

I agree Dave , but I tell you what , that ex-jockey is just as likely to instruct the judiciary to take it out on the rorters themselves , after all they always pay their fines promptly .

rasaint

Juniors
Read my back posts on this. The NRL were back tracking quickly after the Tragic round. Accidental hits judged ‘ reckless grade 1‘ became gentle Nuffy careless grade 2 one match or fine by the following round. Duges absolutely smashed Billy Burns in the face and the spectacle of him staggering off the park with blood streaming out of his nose for HIA was judged ‘careless Grade 2’.

Vlandys is spinning it now like you wouldn’t believe and I listened to Ray Hadley very soft and cosy interview with him only a few days ago. Boy Vlandys seems to have the right friends in the media. He is saying ‘the top players have adjusted’. Even the SOO hit in head, he said the bunker deemed it came off the arm first. arhahaha.

Its now almost back to being refereed business as usual. That is most incidental high hits penalised. Others going on report. No bins and send offs. Why? Because Gould, Robinson ( his winge about Teddy getting hit high when he was ‘slip sliding away ‘ started it ) turned on Vlandys to some extent and player revolt brewing and probably a few things and phone calls we will never know fully.

I’d be happy if Vlandys and NRL just came out honestly and said ’ in hindsight we got this wrong. It was for the right reason. Sorry we should have consulted the players better and thought this through more. Gradings and suspensions from the Magic round will be immediately reviewed in line with the revised more sensible approach’.

Dorsai

Juniors
I see Munster gets to kick and play again. But that’s the storm.

the rorters coach complains that his players are targeted. How many have they got sitting out games? Meanwhile, Tedesco lies down in the tackle, hits his head against an opponent and waits to see him go to the bin before rorting the free player rule.

tell me again how the rules are the same for everyone?

blacksafake

First Grade
HTF does Ford get fined more for incidental touching of the ref than someone who drops the knee into the head of a player on the ground?? Along with a tiger player who also used the knee gets nothing?

Maybe next time Ford should just knee Sutton, Starting with his brother this week.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
HTF does Ford get fined more for incidental touching of the ref than someone who drops the knee into the head of a player on the ground?? Along with a tiger player who also used the knee gets nothing?

Maybe next time Ford should just knee Sutton, Starting with his brother this week.
Jack Herrington patted Sutton on his shoulder in the first half to get a point across or something else to Sutton they both smiled at each other but that’s ok, it’s plain bullshit what goes on now.
Funny, the media makes no sound, funny I hear crickets, there is a shit load of politics going on underneath what you are seeing.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Jack Herrington patted Sutton on his shoulder in the first half to get a point across or something else to Sutton they both smiled at each other but that’s ok, it’s plain bullshit what goes on now.
Funny, the media makes no sound, funny I hear crickets, there is a shit load of politics going on underneath what you are seeing.
Again, where is the consistency? Ford gets fined and Hethrington doesn't?! Now come on what goes on? I posted the Hethrington touch in the game day thread as soon as it happened thinking he would be penalised or put on report or something but no, it was a purposeful touch to say "oh thank you by the way Gerard for giving me the penalty when I pretended I was hurt by McCullough tally ho old chap". Up yours mate!

Gareth67

First Grade
“ Yep , yep , yep “ as Francis the talking horse use to say , they are now displaying the antics of soccer players - how bloody disgusting that our game has deteriorated to this point , or should I say been allowed to by 3rd rate referees whom would be hard pressed to get a run at park footy .

Controlled by a judiciary whom are totally inadequate in their duties , whom in turn are you told just how far to go by the NRL itself . 🐴

Reactions: jak

Latest posts