What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*****July 1st NEWS*****

skeepe

Immortal
We can be thankful for one thing thickos... if you chose a former Raider now playing for the Giants, at least it wasn't Costin.

jed

First Grade
skeepe said:
He's scored 4 tries in 4 games for Huddersfield... not bad at all.

Flying Phil's scored 3 tries in 3 games this season, and we've got the Tigpies and Cowboys coming up. Fingers crossed he gives Jimmy a run for his money.

skeepe

Immortal
Here's something taken from the NRL's article written June 30 that has had me a bit worried.

-------------------------------

Five clubs are believed to be in the hunt for Canberra centre Monaghan, with his manager Jim Banaghan confirming he had already had talks with the Roosters and Wests Tigers, and was still to meet the Raiders, Manly and Parramatta.

-------------------------------

Now, given that Monaghan had not been given permission to talk to other clubs, is this not a clear breach of the anti-tampering rules?

azza

Juniors
What's doing with that picture of O'Hara, skeepe? (I know it's off the raiders site). He looks like he is in the middle of an epileptic fit

LOL azza.

Well apparently skeepe, according to a post on the Wests Tigers forum, Joel was not given permission to negotiate... however the Tigers and the Roosters were allowed to table an offer to the Raiders and Banaghan to get Joel's approximate worth. So technically he wasn't given permission to negotiate, but his manager was allowed to get an offer from those two clubs only, and to show it to the Raiders. Apparently you have to request the NRL to do such a thing.

I don't really see what the difference is, but apparently that's why.

reptar

Juniors
Hi guys,

I just heard the 666 2CN (gosh I love that call sign!) news at 4pm today - Michael Robertson has signed for another 2 years; Joel will make a decision next week.

raidersfan

Juniors
azza said:
What's doing with that picture of O'Hara, skeepe? (I know it's off the raiders site). He looks like he is in the middle of an epileptic fit

After reading that you had me having a fit of laughter. Man work is boring but that made me happy.

edabomb

First Grade
Good news reptar. While Robertson is hardly a Monaghan like talent, he is one of the better performers in our backs. A good solid first grader who is better to hold on to than let go.

hrundi99

First Grade
Is it possible that the Kidwell decision is waiting on the Wiki decision?

If Wiki stays we don't need Kidwell.

jed

First Grade
Given the heartache we've been going through the last 6 weeks, shouldn't we make an effort to re-sign Bulgarelli while we still have time?