What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

Perth Red

Post Whore
The point I was making though is that we have to ask. Shoot for the starts and if you don't make it you'll still end up on the moon and all that...

Optus is great for the fumblers but not for us, we need to start building up more quality rectangular stadia around the country
oh totally agree, in fact given the keenness of the WA govt the list should have been long hopefully! We are cashed up after billions and billions of $'s surplus budgets so there's plenty of money floating around.

Id love a new stadium but cant see it happening after what theyve already invested, and tbh like I said it doesn't need to. For $250mill ish HBF can be turned into a great 27-30k NRL stadium and its location is really good.

I've been to a DH and 2 origins at Optus, all were outstanding events and experiences (bar the rain and scores at Origin). What Optus lacks in viewing distance it makes up for in so many other ways.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. PVL wants the Bears so he goes against him.

2. it sets him up for IF Bears gets in he has a reason to not support it. Ensuring the myth of being a RL fan stays true
haha, for the four thousandth time ive got no problem at all with a Perth owned Perth bears.

As for Cumins he's a WA RL man through and through and has put more money into the game in WA than the NRL has. He deserves respect for that.

I hope the Perth bid ticks the boxes and gets ownership of the club, it will be in safe WA hands then. If theres advantage to a Bears partnership and brand adoption so be it.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Theres been nothing to suggest the Perth bid hasnt been in conversations with the ARLC. Be it through the NRLWA who are a subsidary of the NRL or directly.

The disconnect in messaging coming from the Cumins group compared to the other stakeholders certainly suggests exactly that to me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The disconnect in messaging coming from the Cumins group compared to the other stakeholders certainly suggests exactly that to me.
in what way is it disconnected to you?
The message put out this week (and there has been none prior for over a year much to everyone on heres annoyance lol) has been:
we have a consortium ready to bid
we have been told we need $30mil which we can do
we havent made a song and dance until we know if it Perth is a chance
we prefer to go it alone but willing to speak to Bears if we have to
we've been liaising with WA govt since they got interested,
we work closely with the NRLWA.

Whats the issue with any of that?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have no interest in going back and forward indefinitely. The answer to this is listed previously.
Not that I can see. I noticed you spelt Cumins same as Wb! youre new on here. Youre not another alt of his are you?

Your last post on this left out some important information, if on purpose or by accident I'm not sure.

Vlad59

Juniors
Not that I can see. I noticed you spelt Cumins same as Wb! youre new on here. Youre not another alt of his are you?

Your last post on this left out some important information, if on purpose or by accident I'm not sure.
Mr conspiracy theory head strikes again!

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Not that I can see.

Literally in the original post that you responded to.

Not sure why my take on it matters to you. I simply posted my thoughts. It wasn’t even directed to you - and if you say “it doesn’t” your constant replies paints a different picture.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Literally in the original post that you responded to.

Not sure why my take on it matters to you. I simply posted my thoughts. It wasn’t even directed to you - and if you say “it doesn’t” your constant replies paints a different picture.
I enjoy conversation, but fair enough if you dont want to engage in it any further. thanks for playing.

shewi6

Juniors
Reciprocal memberships at centralised stadiums are the future and as the NRL's wealth grows I wouldn't be surprised if they use that financial clout to encourage it.
I agree that the game should have set this up already and all sydney derbies would now be big games regardless of form or time of year and played in front of big audiences in the best stadiums.

But that isn't what has happened and we have actually regressed from the recent past.

Again what evidence other than hope are you basing this prediction on?
Going by the clubs myopicness and the NRL’s complete indifference, there is nothing to suggest it will happen in the near future.
The current nrl administration is actually advocating for the opposite and want money spent on more suburban stadiums, they won't get that money if they lose content.