What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

Bukowski

Juniors
Will the Perth public get behind the Bears concept? I would see them as nothing more than a North Sydney team playing 10 games in Perth and would prefer a stand alone team.
For me, it would take away any excitement of a club coming here. I doubt I would get a membership, just go to the attractive games.

Ck9

Juniors
It's honestly Fubar that we're going to end up with a laughing stock png side, that no broadcaster is going to want to show games for, based entirely on federal funding reliant on politicians whims as to where it distributed, and a perth Bears side that at best would be sending an ever increasing amount of games to north sydney oval before a permanant move back all before we get a second team from brisbane, or a legitimate perth side, or central coast coverage, or dipping our toes into adelaide, nz2 etc.

Bukowski

Juniors
It's honestly Fubar that we're going to end up with a laughing stock png side, that no broadcaster is going to want to show games for, based entirely on federal funding reliant on politicians whims as to where it distributed, and a perth Bears side that at best would be sending an ever increasing amount of games to north sydney oval before a permanant move back all before we get a second team from brisbane, or a legitimate perth side, or central coast coverage, or dipping our toes into adelaide, nz2 etc.
Yeah, it would show they have no idea on expansion. At least put the 2 shit ideas together and have the png bears

Pippen94

First Grade

PNG is certain. Bears relocation is a suggestion. Nz2 will be 19th because it consolidates the game's international reach. Brisbane has a second team already.

Canard

Immortal
PNG is certain. Bears relocation is a suggestion. Nz2 will be 19th because it consolidates the game's international reach. Brisbane has a second team already.
Yes the NRL is famously known for its strategic International focus, and has demonstrated a real agenda to grow the game outside the club competition.

Bukowski

Juniors
They'll sell the Perth Bears concept as righting two wrongs. The Perth team will have East Cost support, which will reflect in ratings and away game attendances. And only delusional losers will get up in arms about it.
And fans in Perth. But f**k them, it's an East coast game.

Vlad59

Juniors
Someone (I suspect the NRL) was running surveys in Perth last year. I'm guessing the result was that overall the Perth public isn't negatively fazed if it's a Bears team.
The idea that there hasn’t been a lot of background work done here is delusional. Whatever they do next will be based on a lot of planning and consultation.

mongoose

Coach
Someone (I suspect the NRL) was running surveys in Perth last year. I'm guessing the result was that overall the Perth public isn't negatively fazed if it's a Bears team.
do you have any proof of this, or just taking a wild guess like the other 95% of posts on this forum lol

Bukowski

Juniors
Yeah maybe. I don't know anyone surveyed or heard of any survey. Interested if anyone else on here from perth did