What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

MugaB

Coach
Perth will be swimming in tourism money when those 200k bears fans travel there for games!
So you think the WA govt wants to do this out of the goodness out of their heart, or is it a state of origin blackmail ploy? Choose wisely, coz you know it's not twiggy and his force keeping the RL out if his backyard lol

MugaB

Coach
Its really funny how the anti perth trolls have gone from, 'its a dot on the map with no value and never getting a team' to 'if its not the Bears you're not getting a team' lol.
You know deep deeeeeeep down you know its true..
And for the record I want a Perth team, stand alone, preferably the Reds, like it was back in 95, ( also wearing f**king red this time, the 95 away jersey)

mongoose

Coach
So you think the WA govt wants to do this out of the goodness out of their heart, or is it a state of origin blackmail ploy? Choose wisely, coz you know it's not twiggy and his force keeping the RL out if his backyard lol
I don't really mind if Perth takes on the Bears brand. If I was on the Perth side of things though, I would make sure every old head Sydney based bears person is turfed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sorry if I don't take 'His' word as truth in all things regarding these favourable bids, remember the WA rl is run on an oily rag after all, and this guy who's very very flush has funded rl for a while now, seems like he could have done something sooner
Im not sure why your beef with the cumins led consortium? Reality is they will likely own the club. they are the only players at the moment. the only question is will it be a stand alone Perth club or a relocated Bears brand. Either way Cumins and his group will be majority owners.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Reading between the lines of the facts:

WA gov have meet with ARLC
WA gov have meet with Bears
It’s likely all three have met together

Cumins consortium hasn’t spoken with Bears

ARLC stated Perth Bears is the “ideal” partnership.

Bears communication has been consistent with ARLC’s position and publicly available direct quotes.

Looks to me that Cummins consortium has been left out in the Dark.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reading between the lines of the facts:

WA gov have meet with ARLC
WA gov have meet with Bears
It’s likely all three have met together

Cumins consortium hasn’t spoken with Bears

ARLC stated Perth Bears is the “ideal” partnership.

Bears communication has been consistent with ARLC’s position and publicly available direct quotes.

Looks to me that Cummins consortium has been left out in the Dark.
You missed out that the Cumins consortium have met with the WA govt over a dozen times. Why?

Reality is the Perth Bears need a WA ownership to work. At the moment the Cumins consortium is the only ready be that owner.

MugaB

Coach
You missed out that the Cumins consortium have met with the WA govt over a dozen times. Why?

Reality is the Perth Bears need a WA ownership to work. At the moment the Cumins consortium is the only ready be that owner.
Not sure it actually does

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure it actually does
So who owns the club? NSLC? That'd be a disaster.

I fully expect now that the green light has been lit by Vlandys the Perth bid will move very quickly and we will see some PR start to roll out like we did with the Pirates bid launch.

Iamback

Coach
Its really funny how the anti perth trolls have gone from, 'its a dot on the map with no value and never getting a team' to 'if its not the Bears you're not getting a team' lol.

It isn't anti Perth. You clown

PNG, NZ 2 will have problems too. It is how to limit the risk so the game can expand correctly.

Perth market especially for FTA won't be attractive due to timeslots. So how can that bid appeal to NSW/QLD to get them to watch.

That is what it comes down to, if the WA Govt is onboard they will ensure it gets enough local

Perth Red

Post Whore
It isn't anti Perth. You clown

PNG, NZ 2 will have problems too. It is how to limit the risk so the game can expand correctly.

Perth market especially for FTA won't be attractive due to timeslots. So how can that bid appeal to NSW/QLD to get them to watch.

That is what it comes down to, if the WA Govt is onboard they will ensure it gets enough local
Give over, theres people on here who've been anti perth from the day they decided they didnt like me lol. Its pathetic, and seeing Perth is likely to be one of the next two clubs in is hilarious after all their diatribe.

Imo you shouldnt be basing the clubs entire brand and existence on getting 20k more fta viewers in Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not long now mate, not sure which bid will get up but must be nice to know it finally seems to be happening
Yes it is thanks.
Im stoked for the game here if it happens. I think many people underestimate just how big RL was in perth before Sl and this could well take us beyond that.
Sackson, Cumins and many others have been fighting with one hand behind their back for 20 years to keep the game going, this will hopefully at long last give them the support they need to take it to another level.

If I was a betting man Id say the Perth bid will own the club and it will be a partnership with Bears.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

If the rest of it is correct. I’m not sure it matters how many times Cumins have meet with the WA gov.

Something seems odd that the WA gov have been meeting with ARLC & Bears without bringing in the Cumins group that they’re also meeting with (based off public knowledge)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yes , it's great that the govt will behind whichever bid too.
After Brisbane 2 coming in, Perth is the biggest no brainer. You can see the potential and I believe we as a game would have learnt a lot from the Storm experience (i.e. market yourself as the team for all Perth and don't wait 25 years to get a local pathway system in place).

I think the NRL need to be smart too. Make the demand for a stadium upgrade. They may get a full rebuild, they may get a partial rebuild but you HAVE to at least put it on the table to a State Govt that is currently listening.

Latest posts