What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 4th 2010, Parramatta Stadium

Molly

Juniors
There was a massive push to abondon a game that involves cheats,so they need to talk imo.

Matt..Matt..Matt, it is much better to remain silent and have people think you are idiot rather than to open your mouth and confirm it.

matt

Juniors
Matt..Matt..Matt, it is much better to remain silent and have people think you are idiot rather than to open your mouth and confirm it.

Thanks Moll, love it when i hit a nerve with a supporter of the most disgraceful entity that has ever been given breath.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
There was a massive push to abondon a game that involves cheats,so they need to talk imo.

:lol:

Oh, lookee here; another one who grew up in a house under the powerlines.

Mate, where did this "massive push" to abandon the game come from? The NRL? The Parramatta club? f**k me dead you are goose.

matt

Juniors
:lol:

Oh, lookee here; another one who grew up in a house under the powerlines.

Mate, where did this "massive push" to abandon the game come from? The NRL? The Parramatta club? f**k me dead you are goose.

Yeah ,my how the truth hurts the scum.

Ulysseus

Bench
Well in? I hope you weren't talking about the piss poor crowd of 7,500 who people who bothered to show up. They talked such a big tough game before the fact but the majority stayed away because they didn't want to get a bit wet. You hard arses :lol:

Evenflow, understand this, the "team" - and I use that term very loosely here - known as the melbourne storm, are a f**king disgrace.
Lets see, raining, scum club involved, yep that seals it.
Mate, if people want to go watch those pricks in that weather good for them, personally I don't even watch them on TV, they do not deserve anyones attention outside of their own supporter base, frankly I would have liked to have seen an embargo by all other NRL teams to cooly decline the remaining games against the storm in protest.
I would not have went last night even if by some miracle the weather was beautiful, the beer was free, everyone who entered the ground got paid $200 to be there, each seat was a giant reclining massage chair, Judas Priest were the half time entertainment and they weren't going to sing anything they recorded after 1991, lobster mornay was on the free menu and they were going to fire Casey Donovan out of a cannon on fulltime.
Why?
Because the scum team (storm) were involved, and its a sad, sad state of affairs when people can't even be f**ked showing up to hurl abuse at them anymore, sure 7.5K did, but in reality most people detest being anywhere near them, let alone PAY to watch a game involving a team in breach of the rules.
They deserved to have Parra walk out, line up on halfway, spit in their direction, flip them the bird and then leave the field.

In saying all that, power to parra for toppling the cheating sh*t bags.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Evenflow, understand this, the "team" - and I use that term very loosely here - known as the melbourne storm, are a f**king disgrace.
Mate, if people want to go watch those pricks in that weather good for them, personally I don't even watch them on TV, they do not deserve anyones attention outside of their own supporter base, frankly I would have liked to have seen an embargo by all other NRL teams to cooly decline the remaining games against the storm in protest.
I would not have went last night even if by some miracle the weather was beautiful, the beer was free, everyone who entered the ground got paid $200 to be there, each seat was a giant reclining massage chair, Judas Priest were the half time entertainment and they weren't going to sing anything they recorded after 1991, lobster mornay was on the free menu and they were going to fire Casey Donovan out of a cannon on fulltime.
Why?
Because the scum team (storm) were involved, and its a sad, sad state of affairs when people can't even be f**ked showing up to hurl abuse at them anymore, sure 7.5K did, but in reality most people detest being anywhere near them, let alone PAY to watch a game involving a team in breach of the rules.
They deserved to have Parra walk out, line up on halfway, spit in their direction, flip them the bird and then leave the field.

Absolute GOLD.

LMAO:lol:

Well played sir.:clap:

big_matt

Juniors
Why?

Think this is missing the point a bit. Parra fans would be well within their rights to not go and watch this game if they disagreed with watching the Storm, but the fact is that Parra fans were boasting on this very thread about the reception the storm would get and how they would "vocally rape" the Storm team. Then about 10 fans turned up for the game and the old Sydney weather excuses got rolled out!

That's not only humerous, but once again demonstrates that Parra have the biggest bandwagon in Australian sport. Looks like the 'fans' sitting next to me at the grand final who couldn't name anyone in their team apart from Hayne have left and only the diehards remain.

What about the 7k crowd at the SFS for the roosters? Was that also because the fans hate the Storm and won't watch them? Oh wait...Storm weren't playing in that one.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Absolute GOLD.

LMAO:lol:

Well played sir.:clap:
big turnaround from earlier posts from everyoneencouraging parra fans to go along & deal to everyone (just not you?) - at least the team turned up to play & deal to Storm in their own way - jeez feel sorry for them having so much "support" from you guys (all talk)

LESStar58

Referee
Yeah ,my how the truth hurts the scum.

How is it the truth? You made a statement that there was a a push to abandon the game yet can't back it up. Stop trying to deflect from the fact that the crowd was disgraceful.

LESStar58

Referee
Why?

So you won't be going to any more Dragons Vs. Storm games going forward then?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I bet the club would have wanted more fans at the game > $$$'s.... which every nrl club needs.

They pre-sold twelve thousand tickets. Once the tickets are sold it doesn't matter whether the ticket holder turns up - the club keeps the money.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Think this is missing the point a bit. Parra fans would be well within their rights to not go and watch this game if they disagreed with watching the Storm, but the fact is that Parra fans were boasting on this very thread about the reception the storm would get and how they would "vocally rape" the Storm team.

You're assuming it's the same fans boasting about going to the game as the ones who stayed home and contributed to TV ratings.

Don't forget how many fans would have been turned away by the club's knee-jerk 'behave yourselves' email. I went to the game expecting to get thrown out because there was no way I wasn't going to hurl abuse and make a merkin of myself.

If I was worried about being tossed I might not have gone either.

That's not only humerous, but once again demonstrates that Parra have the biggest bandwagon in Australian sport. Looks like the 'fans' sitting next to me at the grand final who couldn't name anyone in their team apart from Hayne have left and only the diehards remain.

The bandwagoners will be back and the atmosphere will be better for it.

What exactly is your problem with bandwagoners anyway? Every club has them and every club needs them - their money's the same colour as a diehard's and that's where your diehards are recruited from.

Are you jealous we have so many bandwagoners or what? I don't see why it's any of your business, and if it meant we were so sh*t you wouldn't be complaining about it.

It's like how no opposition fans bag us for having Brendan Oake in our top 25 but they want to cry about 'overrated' Jarryd Hayne even though every single one of them would give their left nut to have him at their club.

What about the 7k crowd at the SFS for the roosters? Was that also because the fans hate the Storm and won't watch them? Oh wait...Storm weren't playing in that one.

Nobody wants to watch the Sharks either. Maybe that'll change after last night but don't forget about how good our game is for television.

big_matt

Juniors
You're assuming it's the same fans boasting about going to the game as the ones who stayed home and contributed to TV ratings.

Don't forget how many fans would have been turned away by the club's knee-jerk 'behave yourselves' email. I went to the game expecting to get thrown out because there was no way I wasn't going to hurl abuse and make a merkin of myself.

If I was worried about being tossed I might not have gone either.

The bandwagoners will be back and the atmosphere will be better for it.

What exactly is your problem with bandwagoners anyway? Every club has them and every club needs them - their money's the same colour as a diehard's and that's where your diehards are recruited from.

Are you jealous we have so many bandwagoners or what? I don't see why it's any of your business, and if it meant we were so sh*t you wouldn't be complaining about it.

It's like how no opposition fans bag us for having Brendan Oake in our top 25 but they want to cry about 'overrated' Jarryd Hayne even though every single one of them would give their left nut to have him at their club.

Nobody wants to watch the Sharks either. Maybe that'll change after last night but don't forget about how good our game is for television.

You are right. Every team has a bandwagon. But I haven't seen many that are so big that 50k fans for a grand final is reduced to 7k fans for the rematch!

Credit to you for attending the game though. Its what the code needs. Yes our game may look great on tv but sports don't survive because they look good, sports survive because fans pay money to walk through the turnstiles. Yes TV money is very important, but TV channels wont empty their pockets to broadcast games with 7k fans huddling in the corner of a 40k stadium. That's not a great look.

btw I assume to swam to the Eels game? By all accounts from the backtracking Sydney media the low crowd was explained by floods not seen since biblical times, with 10 metre waves crashing against the walls of parramatta stadium!

By all accounts from the backtracking Sydney media the low crowd was explained by floods not seen since biblical times, with 10 metre waves crashing against the walls of parramatta stadium!
rofl mate if there was 10 metre waves in parramatta most of sydney would be flooded

Last edited:

Latest posts