What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 4th 2010, Parramatta Stadium

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All your post is saying to me is that Sydney footy fans are non-committal when it comes to watching their teams.

I think most of them are. So what?

I guess though, when theres only 7000 fans at the ground, the atmosphere would be similar to something like Sheffield Shield Cricket, so maybe your point is valid.

The atmosphere was awesome. What a game!

Admittedly, if I didn't already have tickets I wouldn't have risked going to the game, given how bad it was pissing down a couple of hours prior.

I'll be honest with you, the view is much better on tv, as well as all the other bonuses (commentary, no queues for food, drinks or toilets). But if I know the atmosphere will be special I'll go to the game and the boys don't let me down. Last time I went to a game (2007 finals) it was our revenge match against the Dogs (for the '98 final). The atmosphere that night was massive as well and we won 13+ just like tonight.

Angry_eel

First Grade
^^ Did you see the rain we got at the ANZAC day match vs the Warriors last year? Absolutely torrential throughout the entire first half, and most of the game. Could hardly see the other side of the ground. Yet the game was sold out, and 15k were packed like sardines, at least 50% not under cover, and nobody cared because they were watching the footy and having fun. Harden up.
Ye thats Melbourne. Its cold and rainy, nothing new for you guys.

Crowd was the only bad this about that game. Intensity and buildup were great.

brad_19

Juniors
I think most of them are. So what?

The atmosphere was awesome. What a game!

Admittedly, if I didn't already have tickets I wouldn't have risked going to the game, given how bad it was pissing down a couple of hours prior.

I'll be honest with you, the view is much better on tv, as well as all the other bonuses (commentary, no queues for food, drinks or toilets). But if I know the atmosphere will be special I'll go to the game and the boys don't let me down. Last time I went to a game (2007 finals) it was our revenge match against the Dogs (for the '98 final). The atmosphere that night was massive as well and we won 13+ just like tonight.

You're an absolute joke. How is being an armchair supporter doing anything to help your teams cause off the field? I know Parra aren't really in any dire risk of collapse but I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra gate reciepts or memberships from fans attending, and I'm sure your experience would be far more enjoyable then whats gained from tv. You sum up most Sydney fans in one word - pathetic. Note the bolding of the word most - to the Parra fans that regularly attend... respect.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
You're an absolute joke. How is being an armchair supporter doing anything to help your teams cause off the field? I know Parra aren't really in any dire risk of collapse but I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra gate reciepts or memberships from fans attending, and I'm sure your experience would be far more enjoyable then whats gained from tv. You sum up most Sydney fans in one word - pathetic. Note the bolding of the word most - to the Parra fans that regularly attend... respect.

and u some up a melbourne fan with his head stuck up his arse, who cares if he hasnt been to a game for a while did u think he has reasons why...f**k ur clueless mate

no matter what the score tonight the melbourne fans would come out complaining about something...well a mjority of you anyway....luckily we only have you to deal with. get over it. so the crowd was low...im sure the next few rounds will be low crowds majority of the time except for origin. usually is this time of year

brad_19

Juniors
and u some up a melbourne fan with his head stuck up his arse, who cares if he hasnt been to a game for a while did u think he has reasons why...f**k ur clueless mate

no matter what the score tonight the melbourne fans would come out complaining about something...well a mjority of you anyway....luckily we only have you to deal with. get over it. so the crowd was low...im sure the next few rounds will be low crowds majority of the time except for origin. usually is this time of year

Get over yourself. If you think 7000 is acceptable, then your a f**king genius. I'm not complaining about anything - we lost to a better side, I'm happy to admit it. Congratulations etc etc. Happy?? All I was doing was stating a point. Sydney crowds are pathetic, and its the psyche of the individual above (ie. "If I didn't have free tickets, I wouldn't have turned up") that is the issue. You shouldn't be defending this if you want the game (and your club) to grow. Although, you probably didn't attend yourself did you? Hmm.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Get over yourself. If you think 7000 is acceptable, then your a f**king genius. I'm not complaining about anything - we lost to a better side, I'm happy to admit it. Congratulations etc etc. Happy?? All I was doing was stating a point. Sydney crowds are pathetic, and its the psyche of the individual above (ie. "If I didn't have free tickets, I wouldn't have turned up") that is the issue. You shouldn't be defending this if you want the game (and your club) to grow. Although, you probably didn't attend yourself did you? Hmm.

No I didn't go but does that make me a bad fan no it doesn't u higher than though f**k wit

Everyone has different bloody resins as to y they don't go

And I didn't day 7000 was a goo crowd I'm just saying this time of year the crowds do get smaller due to weather......

And I never asked for congratulations coz I'm not the one to congratulate

Just go take a walk....u just wanted to come in and bait people and chose the crowd attendance as ur point of argument...pretty bloody sad tbh no mention of the fact that it was a bloody good game to watch for any rugby league fan???

brad_19

Juniors
1. You have the literacy skills of a mule.

2. You want recognition that it was a great game of rugby league? Here it is - "tonights game was a terrific display of rugby league". There you go.

I didn't come in here to bait anyone - I wouldn't do so, especially given we lost. I'm stating an obvious fact which anybody with any interest in the sport should agree on, ie: the crowd was sh*t. Put whatever spin you like on it, but I would have thought a thread titled "June 4th 2010, Parramatta Stadium" would be a reasonable place to discuss such matters, especially given the build up for this game which has been discussed ad nausem in this thread!

Anyway, Im going to bed, this threads hurting my head...

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
1. You have the literacy skills of a mule.

2. You want recognition that it was a great game of rugby league? Here it is - "tonights game was a terrific display of rugby league". There you go.

I didn't come in here to bait anyone - I wouldn't do so, especially given we lost. I'm stating an obvious fact which anybody with any interest in the sport should agree on, ie: the crowd was sh*t. Put whatever spin you like on it, but I would have thought a thread titled "June 4th 2010, Parramatta Stadium" would be a reasonable place to discuss such matters, especially given the build up for this game which has been discussed ad nausem in this thread!

Anyway, Im going to bed, this threads hurting my head...

Not baiting anyone? Calling people armchair supporters and having the literacy skill of a mule? Yeh good one buddy

If u say ur just 'stating a fact' that's a pretty sh*t poor excuse to rubbish other fans for pretty much no reason at all

1. Poupou had a legitimate excuse that u didn't bother even reading in the thread a page earlier

2. Did u even think I may have learning difficulties resulting from health issues? U f**king moron

anyway I'm done with this thread and wasting my time arguing with a muppet like yourself

Glenn

First Grade
NP
Then they have the Tigers in Rnd 25, only remaining games in Sydney for the $torm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
its the psyche of the individual above (ie. "If I didn't have free tickets, I wouldn't have turned up") that is the issue.

I didn't have free tickets. I spent over 200 bucks on 7 tickets in the Cronin stand so my bogan family could come along.

LESStar58

Referee
For all the build up and hype surrounding any GF rematch, especially given the well documented events of this season, I'm sorry but 7500 in the crowd is woeful. I know it was raining but really there is no excuse. I've stood in the terraces of Olympic Park in the wind and driving rain for the past three seasons. For all the entertainment value that the game had last night the fans should have turned out in droves. I can imagine it to be very disappointing from an NRL and Parramatta point of view.

If the match had been played in Melbourne it would have sold out the stadium or got reasonably close. Been 3 years since a Melb Vs. Parra game in Melbourne and the NRL will no doubt be scheduling the blockbuster at AAMI Stadium in 2011. Let's see how big the crowd is then.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
Doggies fans were fairly vocal on Sunday during the warm ups but shut the f**k up pretty quickly after a couple of storm reserve graders got over the line.

I was quite entertained by the Dogs Army last Sunday to be honest but it was going to get ugly towards the end. Feckin' hilarious when they waved money at the players at the end of the game and Todd Lowrie motioned for them to come down and give him the cash.

And when they got stuck into Finchy you couldn't wipe the smile off his face with a dozen lemons. He gave them a massive grin and started waving at them. He was actually laughing at them as well.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
NP
Then they have the Tigers in Rnd 25, only remaining games in Sydney for the $torm

This game is at Leichhardt.

:cool:

I've never been looking forward to a game so much for as long as I can remember.

My season tickets are also in row three, behind the Melbourne bench.

Latest posts