What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone free to play in 2023

IMG_7420.jpeg

It would be a shame if he was guilty and the cops blew the investigation.

A shame in any case, not just for Junior.

The damage done to the car was unbelievable.

If he gets found guilty, he can appeal I suppose.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
View attachment 78246

It would be a shame if he was guilty and the cops blew the investigation.

A shame in any case, not just for Junior.

The damage done to the car was unbelievable.

If he gets found guilty, he can appeal I suppose.
Just thinking out loud here- the defence is claiming mistaken identity- one way of establishing that is absence of J's fingerprints on the assault weapon.

TheRev

First Grade
How can they claim mistaken identity without someone in his circle clarifying who the doppelganger in the photo is?

The risk with this approach is it takes leniency out of the equation.. and doesnt it add contempt of court? Like they must be very confident (or he's telling the truth) to play it this way...

How can they claim mistaken identity without someone in his circle clarifying who the doppelganger in the photo is?

The risk with this approach is it takes leniency out of the equation.. and doesnt it add contempt of court? Like they must be very confident (or he's telling the truth) to play it this way...
He didn’t take the stand to give his alibi or say where he was other than on the roof.

I think they are going full technical.

TheRev

First Grade
He didn’t take the stand to give his alibi or say where he was other than on the roof.
Amone's workmates though, and in particular the 2nd guy in the photo... I thought would be the issue with Amones story.. they have to give an answer to who is in that photo surely? Anyway I guess its in the hands of the lawyers now.. he will either look like a genius, or he will be in jail.

Yeah, I think he’s going to be found guilty and will have to appeal.

I think the magistrate may have other evidence for which she can satisfy herself as to his identity and will overcome the police horror of basic rights seemingly being trampled.

To the letter of law, sure he doesn’t have to give evidence, but it’s pretty suss, especially if he has an alibi. Her Honour isn’t stupid.

And where are the witnesses that said he wasn’t on the roof?

The guys given a description of the attacker and he’s captured running to scene? I mean did junior see Mr Whippy driving around the bend and go after him?

They might be able to dust the roof of the car, it’s his footprints, matches his shoe, that forensic evidence that was foreshadowed.

All grounds appeal against the finding of guilt, then it slips into legalese overload.

If the media are right and it’s about the exception taken to parking on the nature strip, if that’s the motive, it’s ridiculous and the response is disproportionate and extreme.

They could have rung a Ranger or something to check it out if they were that upset about it. Not take the law into their own hands.

And I doubt roofie threw himself off the roof backwards. Is that what Baldrick SC would have us believe?

Junior is still innocent until the fat lady sings I guess.

Last edited:
If he’s found guilty, I can’t see him escaping a gaol sentence, albeit reduced.

If the prosecution are right, it’s something his dad and mate should have thought about at the time as well. So stupid and even if he gets off, imagine the legal costs, damage to his name and indirect costs.

He spends a couple of years out, he can come back, but say another 6 months for the body to get back into shape.

Prison food and limited exercise opportunity is going to hurt him physically and then the psychological effects, troubled people and a other issues.

The stupidity of it is really something to behold, something as benign as a parking on the nature strip.

The tech argument is pretty interesting. If the Police have erred, and that’s the smoking gun, very disappointing for them and maybe they will get into trouble. You’d hate to be a cop and then learn you have screwed up a case. It would be bad personally. You’d never live it down and have to carry it forever.

If he gets found guilty and gets say a year, he might want to take that and get it done and dusted. Haynes lawyers at $15k a day, ouch.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If he does get found guilty but escapes any jail term, it will be interesting how the NRL treat this. Dylan Brown pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and got 7 or 10 weeks from memory. They took into account time already taken off.

What a idiotic thing to do, seriously. Especially over a car parked on a median strip. Watching him play he does not seem to be a guy that gets baited easily like Cody Walker would, but somehow something as stupid at this made him see red.

Dragon David

First Grade
If he does get found guilty but escapes any jail term, it will be interesting how the NRL treat this. Dylan Brown pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and got 7 or 10 weeks from memory. They took into account time already taken off.

What a idiotic thing to do, seriously. Especially over a car parked on a median strip. Watching him play he does not seem to be a guy that gets baited easily like Cody Walker would, but somehow something as stupid at this made him see red.
Some people take things to the nth degree and when family is involved, like Junior's Dad, seeing red takes over from common sense. Maybe the Amone household didn't like to see a heavy vehicle parked on the freshly mowed nature strip which might cause the grass to be damaged by the vehicle and the Dad might have asked the guy to move it and the tradie said to f ck off and after a hot headed slanging match something was said to have a few fellas go after the tradie.

There is no excuse of course in reacting with hot blood actions but when the parties are swearing and cursing each other, some people cannot help but resort to violence as a way to solve any impasse.

Whether or not Junior had anything to do with the tradie falling from the roof, he should have not got involved in the first place but you can't change history now.

Dragon David

First Grade
IMO Amone is the most predictable 5/8 ever absolutely no imagination whatsoever always just runs close to our line does a poor step and throws a dummy pass only to get tackle don't rate him at all.
Much hype was put on Sloan, Amone, Sullivan and the Feagai twins. One by one they have shown deficiencies in many aspects of their games and when you have these guys playing in this tough competition and they just don't really have it to be in first grade, our position on the ladder reflects this.

Putting aside the rub of the green not going our way in many of our games, overall, we are a very frustrating team to watch and on top of this we seem to be cursed with so much bad luck - yes I agree that other teams appear to have similar bad luck - but we have been extremely unlucky since ages ago.

We don't really know how things will go for us under Flanagan, but if we can just get a couple of game breakers and tougher front rowers (big, tall strong type - not like Josh Kerr) and men that are fast and fit, we currently have several die hard players playing and they have been proving to show that they can play for 80 minutes, we can do much better next year. I'm hoping Flanno can see this and knows what is needed to be done and I hope that his talks with Matt Cooper will get him to help with some defence coaching on our backs (he says that he loves the club).

Fight on boys.

SAP58

Juniors
Much hype was put on Sloan, Amone, Sullivan and the Feagai twins. One by one they have shown deficiencies in many aspects of their games and when you have these guys playing in this tough competition and they just don't really have it to be in first grade, our position on the ladder reflects this.

Putting aside the rub of the green not going our way in many of our games, overall, we are a very frustrating team to watch and on top of this we seem to be cursed with so much bad luck - yes I agree that other teams appear to have similar bad luck - but we have been extremely unlucky since ages ago.

We don't really know how things will go for us under Flanagan, but if we can just get a couple of game breakers and tougher front rowers (big, tall strong type - not like Josh Kerr) and men that are fast and fit, we currently have several die hard players playing and they have been proving to show that they can play for 80 minutes, we can do much better next year. I'm hoping Flanno can see this and knows what is needed to be done and I hope that his talks with Matt Cooper will get him to help with some defence coaching on our backs (he says that he loves the club).

Fight on boys.
Well said in Flanno we trust ! We have no choice.

Mjab

Juniors
Either way whether guilty or not guilty
doesn’t take away that after 2 full years essentially in FG he is still a joke of a player

maybe 1 average to good game every 5 games I reckon
takes no pressure off Hunt kicking and in reality bugger all tries or try assists

he won’t get better
we need to look at other options and the same for Sloan

our super juniors have been a sad joke

just look at what other clubs are producing Bula for example

dungay dragon

Juniors
Either way whether guilty or not guilty
doesn’t take away that after 2 full years essentially in FG he is still a joke of a player

maybe 1 average to good game every 5 games I reckon
takes no pressure off Hunt kicking and in reality bugger all tries or try assists

he won’t get better
we need to look at other options and the same for Sloan

our super juniors have been a sad joke

just look at what other clubs are producing Bula for example
Flanagan said on radio today he has settled on his coaching staff , so unless there is a late change , can't see Coops on board ..

Latest posts