What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Everyone bagging him but without him we're held to 0 today lol don't make him the whipping boy especially when everyone else played shit. It sounds stupid to keep saying it, but he's still only 20 and adjusting to the rigours of first grade. He's extremely low on confidence atm. Keep in mind, he never even played a single game of reserve grade. SG Ball to first grade is not easy at all...

Illusion

Bench
I thought Amone looked better than Corey last year
not hard

i have to admit I cant say I’ve been that impressed with him this year
no kicking game , can run and step but very little influence on games this year. Other teams handle him easily
Mate is he allowed to kick or run , or has the coach left all that to Hunt ...... From what I had seen of him and the young guys last year they may be restricted by Hook to try anything ..... As Hook has said its all about defense ...... And we all know how that went today ......

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Mate is he allowed to kick or run , or has the coach left all that to Hunt ...... From what I had seen of him and the young guys last year they may be restricted by Hook to try anything ..... As Hook has said its all about defense ...... And we all know how that went today ......
Amone CAN kick. It's just that he doesn't. Last week against the Tigers he forced a line drop out -- something Hunt hasn't done. Watch Amone's junior highlights, his kicking game is very strong. But it is DEFINETELY being inhibited currently

Illusion

Bench
Amone has more try assists (3) this year than Mbye (2) and Bird (0) combined. Let him play, with Bud at 7 and Hunt in the 9. At least we might start to see some flair in attack.
Said this many times , really what have they got to lose they just had 42 points put on them so how can Hook justify not doing this ...... What is he scared that they will leak points , well that's just been blown apart ......

denis preston

First Grade
Amone CAN kick. It's just that he doesn't. Last week against the Tigers he forced a line drop out -- something Hunt hasn't done. Watch Amone's junior highlights, his kicking game is very strong. But it is DEFINETELY being inhibited currently
This is absolutely true and mystified why the coaches don't allow him to kick. Starting to doubt our coaching staff on basic decisions.

justadragon

Bench
I know comparisons between junior grades and the NRL are tough, but when you see him doing everything a good 5/8 is supposed to do, does he have space around him ?? Unfortunately our game plans are not structured around space and allowing the backs to do their thing. Until you have someone like Sullivan that can create a bit of space along with a plan for that to happen, you will never see the best out of him

Mojo

Bench
It's very obvious that Sullivan, Amone and Sloane are a great combination and Ben Hunt is a really good hooker. Muhleisen and Jaiyden Hunt are also great young players. The opportunity to inject some life into this team is right there!

Hook's tendency to playing favorites is painfully obvious. I dont care how faithful he is to his old Queensland boys. It's his job to make this team into a winner regardless of long-standing relationships. This team just keeps crumbling and bumbling when there's such a great opportunity to build a really good side that should stand us in good stead for a long time into the future.

Dragon David

First Grade
It's very obvious that Sullivan, Amone and Sloane are a great combination and Ben Hunt is a really good hooker. Muhleisen and Jaiyden Hunt are also great young players. The opportunity to inject some life into this team is right there!

Hook's tendency to playing favorites is painfully obvious. I dont care how faithful he is to his old Queensland boys. It's his job to make this team into a winner regardless of long-standing relationships. This team just keeps crumbling and bumbling when there's such a great opportunity to build a really good side that should stand us in good stead for a long time into the future.
In my opinion, I don't think Hook has any workable game plan that would enable these youngsters to enhance our prospects of winning. He is sticking to his "favourites" and is reluctant to allow most of the players to play their own game and try things out of the ordinary.

Our attack just doesn't have enough variation and the team isn't coached to be backing up the ball carrier all of the time. If we are to win more games, we must be able to score points so our attack needs a lot of improving. Our defence has been a lot better, just that we need to score tries is my main concern so that we can defend the points.

Amone is starting to show his worth gradually but moreso when he has Sullivan around him.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Most of what you say is true, however J Hunt and M Molo are on Train and Trial contracts at the moment and cannot play FG until after round 11. Not sure about Muhleisen, but he is not in the Dragons top 30 squad, so cannot be selected at present. With Alvaro gone, one of them may be upgraded, or the coaching staff may have their eye on someone to buy before the June 30 deadline. I hope there is a plan!

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Hunt wants to play 7 and has for most of the season played reasonably well

the problem is the middle forwards lack mobility

Mbye is solid without having any game breaking speed or skills

Sorry to hear Macca is injured but it may prove to be a blessing in disguise
What happened to AM