What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

HenryTatana

Juniors
I'm not suggesting we punt Amone, but I do recall posting in another thread approx a year ago that we should have kept Duffty on the minimum coin as a 14. Old Mboi hasn't really impressed me at all so far and may eat into our sunvisor cap for 2023 .

P.S

I read the RED V podcast thread and apparently (which I listen to all the time but haven't had the chance to in the last few weeks), Webb said we are re-signing a returning ex Dragons player. The only players I can think of ATM is
Friz, Duffty & Saab, if anyone can think of other then I'm keen to know. Thanks in advance!!!
Reece Robson?

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope he will be OK but I also hope that Sullivan fills if Amone has to sit out.

From the few NLR opportunities Sullivan has had this year, I think he creates more exciting opportunities and is a better entertainer than Amone.

Just my observation.
This is what I would like to see as well Dragon Blood. This will give us a good opportunity to see how Sullivan goes.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Anyone see Junior play half-back for Tonga yesterday- slippery, difficult conditions made for an error ridden, pretty poor game. Junior struggled playing out of position at 7 with a game management role and having to do most of the kicking with an inexperienced 6 in Staggs.

What was most obvious me to however was his poor long-kicking game. Many of his kicks were easily fielded on the full and didn't go where intended. His kicking style, like Hunt's is clunky and he seems to look down when setting up his kick rather than keep an eye on the rushing defence. if he is to continue as our 6, this will need to improve.

Elsewhere, the cream rose to the top. Joey Manu at full-back was sensational for the Blacks and he would be any team's FB- except for the Chooks of course with Teddy. Jahrome Hughes gave poor old Junior a lesson in half back play. Suli was solid but unspectacular in a beaten team.

Dragon David

First Grade
Stray knee from a Storm player. Where was the replay NZ TV?
I looked at the replay on Kayo and Amone had the ball and was running to the line, slipped and hit his head on the knee of Jesse Bromwich. He didn't look all that good and a bit wobbly as he left the field. The incident occurred about 13 and 1/2 minutes from full-time.

Yow

Juniors
Anyone see Junior play half-back for Tonga yesterday- slippery, difficult conditions made for an error ridden, pretty poor game. Junior struggled playing out of position at 7 with a game management role and having to do most of the kicking with an inexperienced 6 in Staggs.

What was most obvious me to however was his poor long-kicking game. Many of his kicks were easily fielded on the full and didn't go where intended. His kicking style, like Hunt's is clunky and he seems to look down when setting up his kick rather than keep an eye on the rushing defence. if he is to continue as our 6, this will need to improve.

Elsewhere, the cream rose to the top. Joey Manu at full-back was sensational for the Blacks and he would be any team's FB- except for the Chooks of course with Teddy. Jahrome Hughes gave poor old Junior a lesson in half back play. Suli was solid but unspectacular in a beaten team.
If you dont have field position or momentum its a lot harder to get a good kick in

possm

Coach
Reece Robson?
I currently live in the Nth Brisbane Region and the strong word up here is that Amone is going to join the Dolphins. If that is the case then:
1. Let him go and signed Burton from the Dogs.
2. Move Hunt to hooker.
3. Move Sullivan to halfback

Our spine would look pretty good:
1. Ransey or Sloan
6. Burton
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

That would give us two SOO players in our spine and 3 players who can kick in general play. Also, Sullivan would be a good backup goal kicker for Lomax.

possm

Coach

Who was Tonga's head coach?

justadragon

Bench
I currently live in the Nth Brisbane Region and the strong word up here is that Amone is going to join the Dolphins. If that is the case then:
2. Move Hunt to hooker.

1. Ransey or Sloan
6. Burton
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

That would give us two SOO players in our spine and 3 players who can kick in general play. Also, Sullivan would be a good backup goal kicker for Lomax.
Is that the strong word from the Dolphins possm, what about the strong word from the Dragons.

Walpole

Juniors
2. Move Hunt to hooker.

1. Ransey or Sloan
6. Burton
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

Hmm, you think the Dogs are looking to offload Burton?

redv13

Bench
2. Move Hunt to hooker.

1. Ransey or Sloan
6. Burton
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

Love your enthusiasm possm. Like my old man used to tell me: “ Son it costs nothing to dream “

possm

Coach
Hmm, you think the Dogs are looking to offload Burton?
Burton declined to take up his option for 2023 and is going to the market to find out his value. I say sign him. We need some SOO standard players in our spine. Burton 6 and Hunt 7 are what we need in 2023.