What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior game day 2010

seaeagleray

Juniors
I have heard a buzz that there maybe a chance of having 3 different venues on a sunday for the juniors. Dose anyone know if this is true.

As junior days can become a long day now for hosting clubs. I know there was a day last year down a Rockingham where they had to put the lights on for the 18's game

Nuke

Staff member
All true. The WARL have made it so that the Juniors draw is the same as the Seniors draw. If there's a weekend where (seniors) Joondalup are playing at home to Rockingham, North Beach are at home to Freo, Willagee are at home to Goldfields, and South Perth are at home to Centrals, then the Juniors the following day will also be the same (Joondalup hosting Rockingham, Noorth Beach hosting Freo, ect).

Also, the Under 18's are -as of this coming season- playing on Seniors game day instead of the Sunday.

albert

Juniors
Also, the Under 18's are -as of this coming season- playing on Seniors game day instead of the Sunday.

What time will they play before reserve grade? What will happen to the girls league tag do there times change?

seaeagleray

Juniors
as far as i have heard reguarding 18's and ladies. The grounds that are capable of playing two games at once. Both the 18's and ladies will play at the same time.

And that presents another problem, out of the two games being played at the same time. Who plays on the main field

seaeagleray

Juniors
All true. The WARL have made it so that the Juniors draw is the same as the Seniors draw. If there's a weekend where (seniors) Joondalup are playing at home to Rockingham, North Beach are at home to Freo, Willagee are at home to Goldfields, and South Perth are at home to Centrals, then the Juniors the following day will also be the same (Joondalup hosting Rockingham, Noorth Beach hosting Freo, ect).

I do believe that this would be the best way to go. Only problem i can see is that if there is a age group that dosent have many teams in it. It could mean that kids may miss out on a couple of weeks of footy.

Or even worse if this dose happen. I hope the WARL dont have one or two teams from a club playing at different venue to the rst of that club. As there are alot of parents out there that have 2 or kids playing. Could make it a nighmare for parents

albert

Juniors
And that presents another problem, out of the two games being played at the same time. Who plays on the main field

There will be no doubt that the main field will be used by the men.As the women often get a raw deal from the WARL.

seaeagleray

Juniors
Well just got an email from our local chairman, and by it they dont seam to have a clue how the junior draw will be arranged.

I really hope that this is because they maybe looking at having juniors from Bunbury playing.

Nuke

Staff member
Bunbury (aka South West Warriors) are running their own competition in the south-west part of WA. Other WARL teams are invited down to play a game or two against them if they want (either a seperate team or the equivalent of their rep team ... I don't know the specifics). Perhaps on the weekend of the WARL team's bye? I don't know. No-one has to do it, just if they wanted to. I know Joondalup are already in talks to go down there. I think this possibly just a couple of age groups though.

Transport for the kiddies is going to be the biggest issue. I know from from our senior trips to Kalgoorlie that buses/coaches aren't cheap to hire!

seaeagleray

Juniors
I can maybe understand some people may think that if Bunbury juniors are in the comp it will mean alot of travel. I just hope the parents and clubs out there realize that this would be a good thing for footy in WA.
I know sometimes the WARL can make running a footy comp over here look below par. But if we as parents, spectators and players all get behind these sort of things. The game over here can only grow stronger

albert

Juniors
I agree that it is good to have there own competition, how many junior teams do they have?
Is it sanctioned by the WARL? Who referees the games?(We all no that we are well short of referees)

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess if they can get around 6 jnr teams playing in the SW it makes sense to have their own mini comp with maybe some games against Perth teams as and when possible. Having said that with the new bypass it is only about a 2/12 trip to Bunbury now so not too bad.

For the sustainability of the SW the more jnr teams the better. Why doesn't the SW club have a listing on the WARL website, are they not a member yet?

Nuke

Staff member
They were only officially included in the 2010 comp a few weeks ago. I'm not being critical of the WARL website here, but it does seem to have a reputation as being a tad slow to update info ..!

Latest posts