What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

junior kiwi signed - roger tafua

Quigs

Immortal
Gunnamatta said:
The nrl should make every club 'adopt' one young player from PNG each year and billet him with a local family. Sort of a scholarship. We could send ours to Endeavour.

Gidday Gunna, how they hangin?

Whats wrong with Gymea High, they made me into the sporting scholastic alcoholic superstar I am today. There's nuffing wrong wiff Gymea High for learning and sport and things.

Cheers
Quigs

ali

Bench
Gunnamatta said:
The nrl should make every club 'adopt' one young player from PNG each year and billet him with a local family. Sort of a scholarship. We could send ours to Endeavour.

I wonder if Theo Burgess is going to the under 16 world cup in russia? PNG have finally got their junior development in order and have raised the $100K needed to send a squad over to Russia, to join the likes of Aus, Scotland, Georgia and Italy. PNG will be the new NZ. It's just a matter time until another Marcus Bai emerges. If we get them young, chances are it will happen sooner than later.

carcharias

Immortal
ali said:
I wonder if Theo Burgess is going to the under 16 world cup in russia? PNG have finally got their junior development in order and have raised the $100K needed to send a squad over to Russia, to join the likes of Aus, Scotland, Georgia and Italy. PNG will be the new NZ. It's just a matter time until another Marcus Bai emerges. If we get them young, chances are it will happen sooner than later.
they'll be playing in parkers..poor buggers.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Quigs said:
Gidday Gunna, how they hangin?

Whats wrong with Gymea High, they made me into the sporting scholastic alcoholic superstar I am today. There's nuffing wrong wiff Gymea High for learning and sport and things.

Cheers
Quigs

Hanging nicely Quigs. btw the Tradies is expanding once again. They have plans to spend millions and doubling the size of the joint. Gymea pub is still a burnt out shell. All those memories up in smoke and damaged brain cells. Vic Patrick would not be happy.

Jo Ryan

Juniors
Not good to see local young talent having to leave Shire. I think was brought up during the year. How many Shire boys in first grade next year??? Not many.

Quigs

Immortal
Gunnamatta said:
Hanging nicely Quigs. btw the Tradies is expanding once again. They have plans to spend millions and doubling the size of the joint. Gymea pub is still a burnt out shell. All those memories up in smoke and damaged brain cells. Vic Patrick would not be happy.

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh the times they are a changin"

Come gather 'round drinkers
Wherever you roam
And admit that the Kremlin
Around you has grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be pissed to the bone.
If your grog to you
Is worth drinkin'
Then you better start scullin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the Kremlin it is a-changin'

Come pissheads and drinkers
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the foyer
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a pissup inside
And it's ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old Tradies is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The bar it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow ones now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last

I stand and raise my glass to the burnt out shell that once was the Gymea Rex. To Messers Buchanan and Patrick I drink to your memories.

HIC

Quigs

DJDL

First Grade
Gunnamatta said:
The Sharks, who have arranged for Karauria-Hunt to attend Endeavour Sports High School in Cronulla next year, prefer to sign players at 17 or 18, Jeff Whittaker, their Christchurch contact, said.

And herein lies the problem.
While other clubs are spotting talent early, and developing it, we wait until we are absolutely, 100% sure, no questions asked that these are the players we are looking for. After all, we wouldn't want to take a risk, would we?

Meanwhile, other clubs sign up the ones we should REALLY be chasing and place them on their development programs.
Sure, they may not all make it, but surely we could be picking them up earlier.

Hopefully the signing of Brackin Karauria-Hunt is a sign of a change in thinking.