What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sau?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Saw a snippet in the Aussie papers that his contact is up this year and he's not likely to be re-signed due to salary cap pressures and the fact that Wayne Bennett will want to bring other blokes in instead.

Worth an offer?

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Hmm, he's a decent player but not sure he's exactly what we're after. Mannering should stay in the centres for the meantime and Ropati deserves to hold his spot when he's back so until one of our juniors overtakes one of these two or a premium centre comes on the market, I'd say leave him. Definitely keep an eye on him and if the money's right then he wouldn't be a bad signing, but don't think he's what the Warriors need.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Well, it's about time we replace JBro, and his glass hamstring, knee and ankle. So give Sau whatever exorbitant salary we're paying JBro.

devoid

Juniors
Everyone is so obsessed with the juniors - I say go after Senior Sau, or at least NSW Cup Sau.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Jerome had a really good year in 08 and then since then has missed a good half of the games injured and then has been in poor form for a lot of the rest. When is his contract up?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Jerome had a really good year in 08 and then since then has missed a good half of the games injured and then has been in poor form for a lot of the rest. When is his contract up?

As far as I'm concerned, his contract is up NOW! We have to find a way to pay for Friend, so it's time to clear the decks of deadwood. So JBro will be the first one overboard. Hope you can swim, Tubby!

ozbash

Referee
Well, it's about time we replace JBro, and his glass hamstring, knee and ankle. So give Sau whatever exorbitant salary we're paying JBro.

:roll:

boy, are you looking for trouble,, or what ?

Ive had a badnews week wazza, just watch it , I could go over the edge :sarcasm:

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Right so most of you guys seem to be keen on letting Ropati go. Interesting. If we do go for a centre, then he must be a strong, attack-orientated player who can both score tries and set ones up for his wing. From what I read through the Knights forums, Sau doesn't like passing.
Btw, IMO Mannering's best place in the team is in the centres.

hitman82

Bench
We have f*ck all centres.
Now is not time to pass the J, bro.

Mannering is great at centre - he defends hard, breaks the line and throws offloads. But most importantly, while he's there he CANNOT make our second row more boring than watching a union game without a high dose of methamphetamine.

Apart from Mannering all we have are Ropati and Moon, who seems to be a bit weird.

Everyone seems to talk about Inu as a centre option, well we need him on the wing.

Any Sau would be a sweet depth signing - I'd go for it.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
We've got a couple of great centres coming through in Kurrell & Te Pou. These two young guys are gonna be big!

Rich102

Staff member
We've got a couple of great centres coming through in Kurrell & Te Pou. These two young guys are gonna be big!

Agreed.
And don't we have Metcalf? Or has this idea gone cold.
(I didn't think he went too well last week and he would be well advised to keep his tounge in his mouth!)
ATM Mannering & Berrigan are the best options we have.

hitman82

Bench
Konrad Hurrell already is big! He's huge! Like a wardrobe with legs on it!
Sweet name too... people sound way more threatening when they replace the C's with K's.

Most of our juniors team fit that description!

Latest posts