What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sharks in Finals

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Hey Snoop,

Random question as I haven't been able to see any of the games. However if these kids are so good, how come we seem to have scraped into the finals?

Always excited to see the young kids play well and progress through the ranks.... even if we sourced them from somewhere else :p

I think I read Val was recruited by Shepard, any idea who's tracking down these young kids?

A few factors mate.

Firstly they were cronullified in at least 2 games. Leading throughout and letting teams come back and win. Most notably the Bulldogs game with seconds ticking down a winger fumbled in goal and let the dogs score the winning try. Similar story with the raiders game.

But to be fair this squad had been missing some big names due to injury and these guys have made their way back into the team in the last 2 weeks. Justin Timu being one of these guys and he is just a mad man!

Unfortunately one of the fellas I had high hopes for hasn't really lived up to expectations just yet in Keenan Yorston but I think it's more a confidence issue along with possibly being home sick

Card Shark

Immortal
I recollect there was a thread about some young Sharks a couple of months ago, ones that had come from far & wide to train / play for us. 1 of the fathers (John Platt?) commented on how they bonded so well & liked the Sharks experience.

Is this the same group of boys?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I recollect there was a thread about some young Sharks a couple of months ago, ones that had come from far & wide to train / play for us. 1 of the fathers (John Platt?) commented on how they bonded so well & liked the Sharks experience.

Is this the same group of boys?

Yeah Cardy i think he was referring to the sg ball squad I can't remember.

Since 73

First Grade
Yeah Cardy i think he was referring to the sg ball squad I can't remember.

Yep - they were SG ball kids who scout Gary Bishop brought down from QLD to train with the seniors with rest of the kids from NSW.

5 of them from memory and all very promising

Special K

Coach
24-24 all after 60 minutes. Parra have a penalty count of 6-1 in the second half.

I'm getting the updates from joshrobbo44 on twitter

Special K

Coach
Sharks win 25-24. Get to following joshrobbo44 on Twitter guys he was where I got all the updates from

Latest posts