What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sharks in Finals

Madsharkie

First Grade
Awesome! Hope they go all the way next week! Like you mentioned Cardy, hope we keep them together for future success.

Credit where credit is due.

Our junior rep teams are often much maligned but to have both teams make the Grand Final is simply outstanding.

I know it's not a first grade title, or U20 / NSW Cup, but these young men are the future of the club & if we can build camaraderie & hold onto the pick of them, it looks good for the upcoming years.

Well done Sharks. Up Up Cronulla!

Card i am with you, the club needs to ensure that this is celebrated, if we win either really make a big deal about it, show the boys that the club really does think highly of winning the titles.

Its another way to get them to stay by showing them that the club cares.

Any player who is injured and not selected next week should be at the game

girvie

Staff member
Great effort as both teams came from 5th and 8th on the ladder.

Who are the standouts for each team?

Panda Power 78

Juniors
I was out there this arvo , the SG Ball was an outstanding effort , Penriff had some very big boys - both sides smashed each other & Penriff had plenty of shots at Cronulla's line but they kept holding them out.

HMs was entertaining , they know how to score a try & throw the ball around , they've scored over 120 points in their 3 semis.
The best moment of the arvo was 2 big Polynesian front rowers smashing into each other , getting up pushing & shoving to start an all in jostle , then after the Ref called them both out for a caution , they walked over to have a big hug.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Card i am with you, the club needs to ensure that this is celebrated, if we win either really make a big deal about it, show the boys that the club really does think highly of winning the titles.

Its another way to get them to stay by showing them that the club cares.

Any player who is injured and not selected next week should be at the game

Depending on what time they schedule the Junior Reps (which are going to be at Leichhardt) , it's likely we are going to have U20s , NSW Cup & SG Ball all playing at the same time at 3 different grounds.

txta2

Bench
Heard the Dogs team were full of not so young looking islanders and twice the size as the Sharks. Sharks dominated them.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Heard the Dogs team were full of not so young looking islanders and twice the size as the Sharks. Sharks dominated them.

Canterbury had one big prop who was bigger than rest.
The Cronulla HMs side has a few big Polynesians themselves - the prop Fine Kula & the centre 'misi Kioa are almost unstoppable.

Very early to call but what I've seen of Kioa , he could have a very promising career ahead of him - from what I can gather he's a NZer who Cronulla have brought over , so obviously there's some sort of plan.

Canterbury had one big prop who was bigger than rest.
The Cronulla HMs side has a few big Polynesians themselves - the prop Fine Kula & the centre 'misi Kioa are almost unstoppable.

Very early to call but what I've seen of Kioa , he could have a very promising career ahead of him - from what I can gather he's a NZer who Cronulla have brought over , so obviously there's some sort of plan.

We should ensure that we have the guys signed up for next couple of years and continue to develop them

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Great effort as both teams came from 5th and 8th on the ladder.

Who are the standouts for each team?

Too hard to name all the standouts but for SG Ball here are a few. Billy Magoulias is the backbone of this team. He single handily got this team into the semis. He plays like Gallen and ironically is built like him. He calls the shots on the field and gets down and dirty.

We got Billy from souths the only problem is clubs are circling and he will be very hard to hold on to. Curtis Scott is another player who is just a natural in the centres. Reminds me a bit of Gaz when he runs the ball. Very built for a kid that is under 18's and won't have a problem making the transition into NYC. Josh Tuilagi(Vatuvei mould) is another I expect to see in NYC. Absolute beast of a winger. If he doesn't make NYC we can wave good bye to him as he will head back to QLD.

Others that deserve mention:

Vasquez, Savage and Timu

A great Saturday. Someone else is driving so I may be a touch dusty by kick off at 530.

Heading to Leichardt first and then onto Shark Park.

I'll be wearing my unmerged shirt for Quigs.

Too hard to name all the standouts but for SG Ball here are a few. Billy Magoulias is the backbone of this team. He single handily got this team into the semis. He plays like Gallen and ironically is built like him. He calls the shots on the field and gets down and dirty.

We got Billy from souths the only problem is clubs are circling and he will be very hard to hold on to. Curtis Scott is another player who is just a natural in the centres. Reminds me a bit of Gaz when he runs the ball. Very built for a kid that is under 18's and won't have a problem making the transition into NYC. Josh Tuilagi(Vatuvei mould) is another I expect to see in NYC. Absolute beast of a winger. If he doesn't make NYC we can wave good bye to him as he will head back to QLD.

Others that deserve mention:

Vasquez, Savage and Timu

Lyall will need to sit down with these young guys and explain why they should stay

Latest posts