What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jury out on Eels halves, says Kenny

Grail

Juniors
True EEL said:
i hope bert is trying to motivate them.....if not i think he is bordeline rude

Kenny now belongs to Penrith. Why would he want to motivate the Eels?

--> Grail

Stagger eel

Staff member
hybrideel said:
I totally agree. of course i'd be disappointed if we crubled in the finals because it would give Kenny and the like the chance to say i told you so. We can hope that they handle the pressure but we shouldn't expect it from someone with the little experience he has. By all accounts of his personality it doesn't seem like he will crumble but the only way we will really find out is in 4 weeks time

Mate, if were as bad as what Bert is making we are, we shouldn't be in the playoffs to start of with, if i was living under a rock for the whole season and the only source of information was Brett kenny opinions on our current side then I'd sware blind we'd be coming 12th and not second.

True EEL

Bench
Grail just trying to give a Parramatta legend and boyhood hero of mine the benefit of the doubt and i know he is tied to Penrith now as a lower grade coach

however, i did mention that fact that if he is not trying to be positive by highlighting negatives he is being harsh.....very and repeadtedly harsh

Grail

Juniors
True EEL said:
Grail just trying to give a Parramatta legend and boyhood hero of mine the benefit of the doubt and i know he is tied to Penrith now as a lower grade coach

When I was a brat, I used to think the world of Kenny. He was my fav player.

I'm older now, and wiser (perhaps). I no longer think the way I did.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Grail said:
When I was a brat, I used to think the world of Kenny. He was my fav player.

I'm older now, and wiser (perhaps). I no longer think the way I did.

bit like all of us who were at that age, I was fortunate enough to remember all of his career not just certain stages, IMO he'll always own that number 6 jesrey but I find it sad and disdurbing that he continues to critisise this club and the direction it's going all influenced by personal agendas.

I think we'll just have to win the comp to shut him up.

Grail

Juniors
eelavation said:
bit like all of us who were at that age, I was fortunate enough to remember all of his career not just certain stages, IMO he'll always own that number 6 jesrey but

IMO whoever is playing in the #6 come the weekend owns the jersey. As long as they are putting their body on the line for the club I love, they're doing alright by me.

eelavation said:
I think we'll just have to win the comp to shut him up.

I think we just have to win the comp for Parra. Let the rest take care of themselves.

Clarkieel

Juniors
i think it is time we stopped listening to brett kenny he clearly has his own agenda and gripes with the club and stuff him.
I had doubts myself abotu morris being in the number 6 but he has certainly prooven himself this year!!

Risky_6

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Well Morris owned Barrett in round 18.

Round 18 will mean alot this Sunday,

You didnt see the way Barrett outplayed the great Lockyer on Sunday? ohh ofcourse Lockyer isnt in the class of Morris.

Bring on Sunday Hurri boy!

Utey

Coach
Iam sick of hearing the same sh*t over and over again. All the respect to Kenny and that but he needs to stop this and concentrate on his own team. He isnt associated with us anymore and is now aligned with the Panthers. I wish it would jus stop. Even if we won a GF I reckon it would keep going.

This type of talk just makes out players more hungrier for a title.

scottyeel said:
Maybe he is just trying to help our halves by firing them up so they can prove him wrong.:shock::roll:
i'm sure that will be his excuse if we win ;-)
i want the eels to win the premiership now just to see all these backstabbers with their little grudges against the eels (and especially brian smith) fall in a collective heap, none of their criticism is objective or justified it's all about pushing their own agenda if tim smith or john morris were as bad as they say, we wouldn't be coming second now it's as simple as that

Stagger eel

Staff member
The EELiminator said:
i'm sure that will be his excuse if we win ;-)
i want the eels to win the premiership now just to see all these backstabbers with their little grudges against the eels (and especially brian smith) fall in a collective heap, none of their criticism is objective or justified it's all about pushing their own agenda if tim smith or john morris were as bad as they say, we wouldn't be coming second now it's as simple as that

Mate, there's got to be a thousand other reason why you'd want to win a premiership before that.

eelavation said:
Mate, there's got to be a thousand other reason why you'd want to win a premiership before that.
that's nowhere near the top of the list, but it would be the icing on the cake ;-)
one of the main reasons is the massive party that would be happening at the leagues club :alcho::alcho:

Stagger eel

Staff member
The EELiminator said:
that's nowhere near the top of the list, but it would be the icing on the cake ;-)
one of the main reasons is the massive party that would be happening at the leagues club :alcho::alcho:

mate! the next time we win a premiership I'll be spendin a solid week in every watering hole in Parramatta! I've told the misses not to expect me home until the weekend later, only problem is our anniversary wilkl fall in the middle of that week so i may need to spend a couple of hours in a restaraunt with the misses.;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Risky_6 said:
Round 18 will mean alot this Sunday,

I agree

if anyone throws the ball to Torrens, he's gonna sh*t himself

he still has nightmares of Ben Smith

Latest posts