What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just do it already!

eastsrule

Bench
Yeh, my point is Mario might not know the official release date seeing as he has nothing to do with distribution, marketting or packaging.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I can understand why its taking this long, so Ive got nothing bad to say about this game. Mario is a legend, as well as anyone else who has been associated with the game. October/November or whenever the game is officially released, lets bring it on. I cant wait. :D

ChiaPete

Juniors
angelus said:
You guys don't seem to realise that basically every game gets delayed and few have a difinitive release date until they have gone gold, which I'm presuming hasn't happened with RL yet. When it does eventually go gold, I think Mario will be able to give us a more clear date, because all of the programming will be complete and it's up to the distributers to get it out.

Can you please explain what you mean by going gold???

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Going gold is when the game is complete and they produce a master copy to replicte everyones game from. It just means the game isnt far away. And all indications I have got point toward release as planned.

angelus

Juniors
This means that a Gold Master has been released to the CD plant for replication. Within a few days silver proof CDs are sent from the plant to a QA group where they do a final check to ensure that no anomalies have been inadvertently introduced into the CD or the code. When the silvers are approved, then the replicater starts pressing the CDs that are then shipped to the operations plant for insertion into the final box. Once the completed package comes off of the production line, it is shipped to stores. Usually a game goes gold 3-6 weeks prior to release, so once Mario confirms RL has gone gold, he can give a more difinitive date. Until then, it's almost impossible.