What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wondering.

Tams

Juniors
I grew up in Gouburn and now live in Canberra. I started following the Knights when they entered the comp - I was a whole 7 years old and wanted my "own" team - dad followed the Eels, mum the Dogs, one sister the Sharks and the other the Raiders (because she thought Daley was "sex on legs" - go figure!) I think some of it was the colours (I've always been a blue person) but I think most of it was that they were new and noone else could "own" them.
And I've been obsessed ever since - back here in Canberra now after two wonderful days in Newcastle and I can't wait to come back for another game!

stevo

Juniors
You might be coming home! Yay! Me and Ames will be happy to have ya at the games with us again CH.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I live in Goulburn now (and yes I actually do know Tams) but was born and raised in Newcastle, living there for the first 16 years of my life. (I'm 31 now) I have always been a league fan and actually supported the Dragons prior to the Knights joining the comp in 1988. Once the Knights were in however I had to follow my home team and have ever since. I still do have a soft spot for the Dragons but the Knights are my team.

I used to go to a lot of games before moving to Goulburn but I only manage 2-3 each year now if I'm lucky. My live game highlight was the 2001 Grand Final (I never thought growing up that I would attend a Knights winning Grand Final) and my greatest Knights highlight was the 97 Grand Final, going ape-sh!t and then ringing Manly Leagues Club to ask if they knew the score. Hehehehe.

cram

Bench
Hey Steve, having spent a cold winter in Goulburn many moons ago I have to ask how do you cope living in that cold and windy place....

Big Tim

First Grade
Born in the greatest town in the world, and dont ever want to move.

I went tt games with my Mum in the late 80's and have been a fan ever since.

As has been said before many good moments were spent at the Footy. My mates 18th, meeting my girlfriend, meeting lots of new mates and recently being one of the chant leaders of the Crusade. And then there is all the great football moments I have witnessed....

Life is great being a Novocastrian. The others dont know what they are missing, and frankly I dont want to share it.

cram

Bench
Hit it on the head Big T... a man after my own heart...u can travel far and wide, and I have, but its always great to be home. And shhhhhhh keep it quiet.... :)

The Devil

Bench
garden fairy said:
I went to school in the Bankstown area. It was an all-girls school, and was in the same homeroom as a completely mental Eagles fan, another girl who supported the Knights, and Steve Folkes' daughter.

I suppose that you went to MSJ, which is more commonly known as something else :p

I live in Sydney, and have a very big dislike for the eels, and so as all the Sydney media were saying Eels were unbeatable and all this other crap i had enough and backed the Knights in the Grand Final. Been following them ever since

Newcastle born, Newcastle bred, and when I die I'll be Newcastle dead.

Much like Big Tim's story, most of the great memories of my life are somehow tied to this team, and all of them are tied to this town. I've never lived elsewhere (never wanted to either), and I started supporting the Knights on Day One... Round 1, 1988, with my Dad and my dearly departed grandad.

Dad and I still talk about those days, and although life (and my mates in the Crusade) have taken me to the opposite end of the ground to the plot of grass that dad and I called our own (and wher the old boy still sits, with Mum and my sister) I know that those early days when just him and I went to cheer on Chief and Butts and John Schuster and David Boyd and these young blokes they called the "Johns Boys" are among the happiest memories of both our lives, and always will be.

beckster05

Juniors
Newie born and bred and very proud of it. Started supporting the knights from about 1997, I think it was. A number of friends and I from school would go and sit on the eastern hill, right on the halfway line.

MSKnight

Juniors
I live in Penrith. Hate the Panthers, followed the Knights in 1997 before we went on to win. Never looked back since.

funky_pineapple

Juniors
I was born in Sydney (Parramatta) and moved to Brissie when I was 4. The whole extended family are mad Parra supporters and I was too until about 1998. I took a liking to the Knights after the 97 Grand Final and that was that. Still support the Eels but my loyalty lies with the Knights. My relos couldn't believe how I turned on them for the 2001 Grand Final, I have been branded a traitor ever since.

Latest posts