What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justice system worked: Carr

Dogaholic

First Grade
Justice system worked: Carr
April 28, 2004

THE criminal justice system had been allowed to work itself through regarding gang-rape allegations which had engulfed the Bulldogs rugby league club, Premier Bob Carr said last night.

The period since the alleged pack rape of a 20-year-old woman at a Coffs Harbour resort on February 22 had been trying for the club and its fans, Mr Carr said.

"I said throughout this trying period that people, especially the Bulldogs fans, supporters and players, had to allow the criminal justice system to work its way through," Mr Carr told 2GB.

"There was a police investigation and the assessment of that evidence by the Director of Public Prosecutions. The process was allowed to work itself out."

His comments follow confirmation yesterday by police that the six Bulldogs players at the centre of the allegations would not be charged.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And you believe everything that politicians say.

This does not help your case.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Well, you believe everything that police officers say? You believe everything that woman has said?

Who are we to believe?

soleilbleu

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Well, you believe everything that police officers say? You believe everything that woman has said?

Who are we to believe?

Unfortunately, we will never know. I don't think that's a very positive outcome at all.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lets see, we are to believe what a politician says. The same poli that has been in power in NSW for how long, and it would be a bad reflection on his leadership ect if he came out and said it hadn't worked, or there needed to be changes. We should take his word as gospel? Grasping at straws on this one.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its a Dogs World said:

Who are we to believe?

I do believe what the police say, they are the ones that carried out the investigations.

Not you or I.

I can understand your passion for your club, but blind faith about this issue has only left you blind.

Didn;t carr crash say there was nothing wrong with the health system. education and public transport etc too a while back. both like infrastructure and utilities are in a right royal mess due to the usual labour incompetence. the legal system is a joke and what about the bail law - criminals with records as long as your arm getting bail and when convicted light setences.

Latest posts