What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Ryder - Gooooooorne!

Alex28

Coach
One of the most expensive reserve grader's the club has had, Justin Ryder, has been signed by Manly.

Thanks for the memories..the embarrasing television appearances...the blundering mistakes on and off field...

nope...cant remember much else besides that...maybe there was a couple of tries in there as well...not too many though...

Big Tim

First Grade
So this means we can spend money on a player who is actually gonna put a jersey on next year?

Seriously, good luck Justin, your'e gonna need it.

yay good on ya ryder, u can do better then the knights. one of the only cool guys in the knights. now all u got left is hughes.

quick sticks

Juniors
What a great few months it has been. First Rudder then Jobson now Ryder, About time the club have woke up and let go some of the under acheiving players so we can keep some more promosing younger players at the club.

MC DUI

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
So this means we can spend money on a player who is actually gonna put a jersey on next year?

Seriously, good luck Justin, your'e gonna need it.

WooooHoooo, Lets go shopping :lol:

Leasha

Juniors
Hooray! Now maybe we can finally buy someone who can run in a straight line down the field (haha what do you think of that one eh BIHK? :D )

Doctor

Bench
First Rudder then Jobson now Ryder,

Ha Ha, good luck keeping this thread about Ryder now that you've mentioned the other 'R' name. :lol:

Ryder has not harmed the club much at all when put in context - all other fullbacks/wingers are either constantly injured or else leave.

Ryder (always injured, now leaving)
Albert (always injured, now left)
O'Davis (always injured, thinking of leaving)
MacDougall (always injured, was to have left, then came back)
Moodie (left)
Tahu (always injured)
Craige (left)
Beckett (he just left, although he was never much of a player)

The Knights have long overpaid their back three - injuries have cause havoc. Ryder's departure simply opens the door for either another dud player to 'emerge', score a few tries and then fade into footballing one-hit wonder legendary status, or make a name for themselves, or do the latter and then get injured, or else make a name and leave, or a combination of all.

Alex28

Coach
Original_Chook said:
Ryder's departure simply opens the door for either another dud player to 'emerge', score a few tries and then fade into footballing one-hit wonder legendary status, or make a name for themselves, or do the latter and then get injured, or else make a name and leave, or a combination of all.

Doesn't that kinda have Craig Hall written all over it?

Doctor

Bench
Alex28 said:
Original_Chook said:
Ryder's departure simply opens the door for either another dud player to 'emerge', score a few tries and then fade into footballing one-hit wonder legendary status, or make a name for themselves, or do the latter and then get injured, or else make a name and leave, or a combination of all.

Doesn't that kinda have Craig Hall written all over it?

It does, I just hope that Hall can establish a spot as a decent utility. Suggestions that he "can" play in the 2nd row are yet to be proven. I think he is o.k, but really doesn't show much initiative. Some say he is speedy, but I'm not convinced he has much speed or agility at all.

Perhaps if he emerges as a reliable bench player he may hang around, but at the moment I'm not sure what to think.

antonius

Coach
Hall reminds me of Doogs, he's strong,and can take the ball up strongly taking pressure off the forwards. He knows the way to the try line too, his injury woes have been around the neck area mostly ( Lot of that going around isn't there by the way?) not the usual wingers/centre ankle and leg area. I can see him being a regular first grade player next year now that he has taken the time off work to concentrate totaly on football he will reap the benifits next season I believe, I think he may well overtake Quinn in the pecking order, I also believe his best position in the team will be centre, which is good given Hughesy's form this year.

Latest posts