What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kade and Cory compared

roopy

Referee
Kade Snowden and Cory Paterson both look like bursting into firstgrade next season. Both are giant 19 year old forwards, although Kade is an 86 model and Cory an 87 model. They are very different players though.

Kade is 7 months older (dec 86 to July 87).

Kade is 189cm tall - Cory is 194cm tall.

Kade is 109kg - Cory is 105kg.

Both have played 2 thirds of the season in Flegg and 1 third in PL - but Kade played the first part of the season in PL, and Cory the last part.

Kade was a second row forward in firstgrade last season, and is a prop in Flegg now. Cory was a prop in Ball last season, and is a second row forward in Flegg now.

Kade has scored 8 tries for the season - Cory has scored 16.

Kade is the frontrow enforcer who does all the hard work. Cory loves to run with the centres so much, they played him in the centres one game.

Both have had outstanding rep careers - but Kade's was a few seasons ago, and Cory has just capped his u19's and Aus schoolboys games by being named in the junior Kangaroos train on squad.

All the numbers seem to add up that Cory is now our best forward prospect - but that is not how i see it. Kade still rules IMO - If we win the Flegg title it will not be because Cory scares a few centres by running wide - it will be because Kade rules the middle of the ground.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm just looking forward to seeing both of them in the red and blue at the top level. There's one thing I'm looking forward to about Smith's arrival (as I would be with any new coach), and that's the fact that every player has an opportunity to be a first grader now, not just Hagan's Heroes.

northey

First Grade
Kade and Corey are both fine players, although Kade will get a go at first grade next season before Corey would.

the ref

Juniors
If Kade was a little less lazy(family trait) then he would be in front of Cory by leaps and bounds cause he loves the tough stuff

Flange

Juniors
don't know about the family trait, but Kade needs a good rocket to get his career back on track, otherwise, he will find it tough going in PL next year. On current form, FG is along way away.