What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kade Charged

Big Tim

First Grade
His point is that coaches are not supposed to "influence' the MRC or the judiciary.

Ivan was clearly upset, I doubt he intended to extend Snowdens charge, but you cant doubt that the MRC reviewed the incident with the assumption that it caused a significant injury.

As to one of the people I enjoy listening to, Dan Ginnane, it is not a moot point because Snowden accpeted the charge. Once bitten, twice shy. We fought the grading of Jezza's charge and that blew up in our face.

Rarely anyone fights charges these days because the results cant be pre-determined like an early guilty plea.

Good coach Cleary but he has zero personality. Gould is just bitter cos we kicked their arse and put his dribbling delusions back to bed. Should have been 34 nil.

GongPanther

Referee
The feud between coach Wayne Bennett and the Panthers has deepened with the club's doctor rubbishing claims coach Ivan Cleary is responsible for Newcastle prop Kade Snowden's two-match suspension.

Panthers general manager Phil Gould has also weighed into the debate, accusing the seven-time premiership-winning coach of similarly trying to influence officials. "The semi-finals must be close at hand because Wayne is throwing his weight around with the referees and judiciary," Gould said. "It normally happens at this time of year. You can set your clock to him. We call it Wayne's World."

Bennett is furious that Snowden was rubbed out for two matches for raising his knees in a tackle that left Panthers lock Adam Docker with a suspected fractured cheekbone - and said that Cleary's damning post-match comments were to blame.

"I've got no doubt at all [Cleary] got Kade the extra week," Bennett said on Wednesday. "What we all do know is the NRL is extremely influenced by the media and by coaches and their comments … Ivan came to the press conference and was very condemning about the action and that he had a player with a broken cheekbone."
Docker has subsequently been cleared of injury and is expected to play against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium on Sunday.

Panthers doctor Norm Southern was stunned when he learnt of Bennett's anger, and immediately fired off an email - obtained by Fairfax Media - to Cleary.

"At the end of the day, the diagnosis was mine," Southern wrote. "There was no intent to mislead and I think the report I supplied supported my reasons for making the diagnosis. If there was any intention to pull the wool over the eyes of the judiciary, Adam would have been allowed to return to the field of play.

''He did not do so on the basis of my diagnosis on the sideline, and so there is no way that the opposition can claim that our intention was to influence the judiciary unfairly. If I had X-ray eyes Adam would have been allowed to return to the field and, who knows, it may have been the difference between our winning and losing."

Southern said he was prepared to share this view with Bennett. "I would be more than happy for you to forward this email to the judiciary, Wayne Bennett or whomever else you feel should be made aware of the circumstances," Southern wrote. "I think that it is extremely unfair. The implication is that you have tried to use the system.

''It was my decision and I think the fact that he did not return to the field of play for the last 60 minutes of play proves that it was not some sort of formulated plan to obtain a greater sentence for the player for Newcastle. We had nothing to gain from that decision, but we had plenty to lose from Adam not returning to the field."

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/...3.html#ixzz2a6siV09L

Big Tim

First Grade
Where has Wayne said that Cleary intentionally set out to influence the MRC?

He has stated, like most of us here, that the MRC is easily swayed by what coaches and the media say.

Look at punching as an example.

This is the issue. Not the intent, but the result..... much like the incident itself really.

Rod

Bench
Wonder if Gus will do our game on Sunday, I expect a few digs at us and some considerable Roosters fapping if so.

Burwood

Bench
Where has Wayne said that Cleary intentionally set out to influence the MRC?

He has stated, like most of us here, that the MRC is easily swayed by what coaches and the media say.

Look at punching as an example.

This is the issue. Not the intent, but the result..... much like the incident itself really.

It sounds like the club doctor has told Cleary that Docker won't return to the field because of a suspected broken cheekbone and Cleary has then gone off half-cocked by stating that Docker had a broken cheekbone to the media in the press conference.

That is my issue with the whole situation. If Docker had a confirmed injury from Snowden's knee then fair enough. But Cleary has taken one diagnosis and incorrectly stated it to be something much worse. Should never have happened and Cleary's statement should have been along the lines of "we were down to 16 players for most of the match because we acted on the advice of the club medico who told us that Docker has a suspected broken cheekbone. He'll be going off for X-rays tomorrow."

Latest posts