What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kade Charged

Big Tim

First Grade
We are gonna need him. He is the leader of our dominant pack..... without him the word dominant is changed to dominated.

perverse

Referee
Missing our key prop for our most important match in years. Great. Thought he might get pinged for it.

Rod

Bench
TBH I'm not that surprised. I'd like to defend him but it didn't look flash.

I say after the Smith debacle he should just cop the 2 weeks. It sucks for the Roosters game but we'll just have to make do.

Haffa

BS. Players can kick people in the head and get nothing, another player puts their head in the wrong place making a tackle ops a knee and it's a grade 2.

Nuffy

Bench
I'd fight it and use the Slater elbow on Pearce as the example of when things look blatant and yet the player is absolved of guilt and its deemed accidental.

Even if he loses, he will accurately expose the hypocrisy of the judiciary and their patchy judgement.

First Grade
I'd fight it and use the Slater elbow on Pearce as the example of when things look blatant and yet the player is absolved of guilt and its deemed accidental.

Even if he loses, he will accurately expose the hypocrisy of the judiciary and their patchy judgement.

Fair point actually, didn't they say a part of slater being "innocent" was that he wasn't looking at Robbie? Kade wasn't looking down at the player either he was looking forward.

I can remember being taught to lift my knees in tackles. If a player tries to tackle head on in around the knees he will eventually get hit. Bad tackling form.

Still, it didn't look good. Given that contesting these rarely seems to work I'd go for the early plea. If it could be downgraded to 1 with an early plea all the better.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Would like to see if you think the same if you where on the receiving end of that knee.

Welcome back trollboy2010. If I copped that knee you know what would have happened? I would have thought to myself, damn I was stupid for attempting a head on tackle at such a low position.

Rod

Bench
Normally I'd be the first to defend one of our guys (I thought the Smith suspension was completely ridiculous) but I think this charge is fair. You can't just have blokes sprinting at the defensive line and raising their knee at the last second.

Guys are allowed to tackle low. Snowy lifted his knee above what would be deemed as a normal running position just before coming into contact. We just have to cop it.

Yosh

Coach
What the... He didn't knee anyone... You have to raise your knees to run don't you? Terrible decision.

TheFrog

Coach
Adam Docker has a fractured cheekbone.

You've got Knights people here agreeing it looks like the knee was raised. Certainly looks that way to me too.

I'd suggest 2-3 weeks is very very lenient indeed.

Spot On

Coach
After what Jeremy Smith copped you gladly take the two. However, as someone mentioned above, they could have had some fun highlighted a Billy Slater feet and elbow package as a defence.

Video is here: http://video.cairns.com.au/v/124472/Kade-Snowden-charged-with-dangerous-contact
He did lift his knee but also pulled back. Trying to tackle like that is stupid. Look at it in normal speed and it's just a usual run. I reckon Snowden will take 2 weeks though.

Looking again I think they way Snowden baulked in the tackle probably put the players timing off such that his head was in front instead of behind. Surely no player would go in head first to the knees like that intentionally.

Last edited:

Latest posts