What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kade snowden

ryana87

Juniors
Verdict guys?........didn't see toooo much of him tonight......made some good tackles.....that's about it

Spot On

Coach
Yeah just posted elsewhere about this. SLOW AS A WET WEEK. I hope what we saw is not what we get. I still can't see why we wanted this bloke so bad. I have a feeling Luke Douglas is the bloke that was being underated in that prop pairing at the Shaks the past couple of seasons.

Early day I suppose and there will be plenty of blokes telling me he isn't fit yet. He is however one of the slowest props going around - fit or not.

Frederick

Staff member
Please. A nothing game with a 6 man bench. He was never going to get big game time. Snowden will perform better for us than he did tonight.

Haffa

Ill have to rewatch. I thought he looked ok for a bloke who's been out for a while. Forward rotation meant he didn't get much game time and Benny would have nursed him through anyway.

He's never been quick he's a prop, FFS.

Jono078

Referee
To me he looked in great shape, possibly the leanest he's been in years.

I think he'll come good with match fitness, but he is a slow type player that doesn't get dominated that often.

billy2

Juniors
Snowden has always looked slow because of his long strides, but you don't make the metres he does if you don't cover the ground at a reasonable pace.
Fui Fui makes 8 metres with a dozen tiny steps.
Kade makes 10 metres with 3 big strides.
Fui Fui looks quicker, but results say he isn't.

Special K

Coach
He generally starts the season a bit slow and kicks into gear after a month or so.

I thought he looked alright but most important he didn't look to be bothered by his neck at all.

Whats Doing

Bench
I was at the game and he was disappointing. Probably the least effective of all the props. Anyway, first trial and he can only get better

rnb11

Juniors
I was at the game and definitely looks in great shape, best Ive probably ever seen him. His defence was flawless and ran hard a few times but clearly Bennett was reserving him so he didnt play big minutes and wouldve got looked after. From what I saw I think he went really well for his first game back, any player would have their injury on the back of their mind also, once he gets a few more trial games under his belt we'll (hopefully) see him at his best and Kade at his best is on of the finest props in the NRL

Matt parsons always looked slow and lethargic but he is arguably one of the best probs this club has ever had. He was a big metre eater and never let us down. If Kade doesn't get injured he will go fine.

My pridicament is do I get rid of him from my dream team and pick him up after a month or so?

Spot On

Coach
Ill have to rewatch. I thought he looked ok for a bloke who's been out for a while. Forward rotation meant he didn't get much game time and Benny would have nursed him through anyway.

He's never been quick he's a prop, FFS.

Thanks for that. I didn't realise. I wasn't suggesting for one minute Kade Snowden should be playing in the back line due to his pace. He is however, as he was last season, looking as though he is one of the slowest props going around. I thought all the other props looked better, including G. Rose and that's saying something.

At club level he may look fine but against the better blokes at rep level he stands out for the wrong reasons ie Origin last year. I look forward to watching him improve immensely over the first month of the comp.

Last edited:
Kade will be absolutely killing it by mid season. He looks in great shape. In fact he played a lot harder and ran straighter than I thought he would. No obvious signs of him second guessing his back and neck problems. Give the kid time. He can be the best big bopper in the game.

Rod

Bench
:lol: at judging a prop on one exhibition game that includes unlimited interchange, 7 reserves and powerplays FFS.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He got dominated less than any other prop on the field last night. Guys like Bailey and TLL were hitting the line at pace but getting put down much more easily than Kade. If he can manage to get an off load or two away, guys like Uate, Boyd and Gidley will thrive running off his hip.

His defence was top notch too. I was particularly impressed with his involvement in getting Inglis over the sideline

Big Tim

First Grade
Kade's numbers always tell the truth.

His running style makes him look slow, or ambling may be the better word.

But at the end of the game he has racked up over 100m of go forward. Thats the magical number everyone here rates a forward on.

Whats Doing

Bench
Kade's numbers always tell the truth.

His running style makes him look slow, or ambling may be the better word.

But at the end of the game he has racked up over 100m of go forward. Thats the magical number everyone here rates a forward on.

NRL stats show 85 mts although they also state he was on for 80 minutes which is incorrect.

BTW I thought Bull Bailey was head and shoulders over all the props on the night with 4 tackle breaks and a hard working try.

Big Tim

First Grade
NRL stats show 85 mts although they also state he was on for 80 minutes which is incorrect.

BTW I thought Bull Bailey was head and shoulders over all the props on the night with 4 tackle breaks and a hard working try.

Sorry, I probably didnt make it clear, I wasnt referring to last nights game. It was a general comment about his regular performances.

Latest posts