What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kanagaroos Merchandise

DJH

Juniors
The strategy this year from the NRL is to make the Kangaroos brand as big as the Wallabies. What do you guys think of it so far? I like the new logo but matching the Wallabies is no easy task.

I see that the NRL Shop on nrl.com.au has now put all the new Australian apparell on the website and it does look better than previous years.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think that has to be the most Kangaroos gear I've seen in ages. On NRLshop.com you can get.

- Authentic Jersey (Mens, Womens and Youth cut)
- 1928 Commemorative Jersey
- Training Jersey
- Shorts
- Polo
- Training Tee
- Training Singlet
- Supporter Ball
- Players Cap
- Stripped Beanie
- Rib Kneat Beanie
- Stripped Scarf
- Jacquard Scarf
- Supporter Flag
- Stubby Holder
- Inflatable Hand
- Clapper Hand

And then you have all the Tri-Nations gear!

Calixte

First Grade
DJH said:
The strategy this year from the NRL is to make the Kangaroos brand as big as the Wallabies. What do you guys think of it so far? I like the new logo but matching the Wallabies is no easy task.

I see that the NRL Shop on nrl.com.au has now put all the new Australian apparell on the website and it does look better than previous years.

bullsh*t.

If the ARL spent the same amount of money on education as the ARU does on advertising, spin and promotion, people would come to see the Wallaby "brand" is built on a pack of lies in next to no time.

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Yeah good selection. Just a pity it wasn't available until today. Being in Melbourne you don't get the opportunity to buy too much Roos supporter gear. I was able to get a jersey here, but would have loved to buy some of the other gear to take to the game on Sat night.

Nz

Juniors
Until league gains a strong international reputation, the sales will never be as high as union.

Jeffles

Bench
I am seeing a lot more Kangaroos stuff at Kangaroos games this year than I have in past years. I am also seeing it out in the street a lot more. This new push is working and it is being helped by the great competitive footy we are seeing on the field. To be honest I am seeing less Wallabies stuff but this is to be expected given the WC has died down and the team has not been in form. In any case, I won't worry about them, only about what the ARL is doing - and FINALLY, they are doing a hell of a lot.

One sucker the ARL have pulled in re; merchandise is myself. Before this year I only ever bought the jersey and one cap. I had two jerseys (one stiped the 2004 one) and one cap. This year, because of the new branding and the extended range I bought;

another jersey
both scarves (I needed them both in Melbourne last night)
the cap.
a Rib Knit beanie
shorts
a standard sized flag.

I would have bought;

a tracksuit jacket
the striped beanie,
stubby holder,
a cotton T-Shirt (hate the silky feel)
and a big "Cape size" flag

...but they were all sold out or out of my size. I will buy these before the next game. I love wearing the gren and gold and finally there is a great range and brand that I can wear. That is why I am buying up big time here. That's what the ARL have in mind.

Nuke

Staff member
Does anybody know what kind of material the Kangaroos jersey is made of? I have an Aussie jersey, but it's a couple of sizes too big, and it's made from that heavy, thick material that jerseys used to be made from. It's too thick to wear around Perth in the warmer months. I'm strongly considering getting one if it's made from that tough light-weight material most jerseys are made from these days.

If someone could tell me, I would be most appreciative.

Jeffles

Bench
They are the thick kind. We needed it last night. 11 degrees outside but with the roof on at Docklands it was a toasty 17 inside.

JK

Buy a polo shirt - not only cooler in the streets of perth but you can get into even the classiest pubs without hassle from the bouncers.

Nuke

Staff member
I don't drink, so that aspect doesn't bother me! But yeah, I like that polo shirt idea. Thanks JK.

yakstorm

First Grade
I went to Peter Wynn's on Sunday to see if I could get some of this Kangaroos Merchandise (which they only got in on Thursday).... yeah it was already sold out with the exception of a small singlet and a couple of jerseys (really small and double XL).

Very encouraging to see, though at the same time frustrating that the gear is selling out so quickly.

phonetic

Juniors
The tracksuit is really nice. I'll be buying that one up in Brisbane for sure. I was tempted to buy one at the dome, but my budget had already taken a beating at Caulfield.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
DACSSDOWN said:
Yeah good selection. Just a pity it wasn't available until today. Being in Melbourne you don't get the opportunity to buy too much Roos supporter gear. I was able to get a jersey here, but would have loved to buy some of the other gear to take to the game on Sat night.

I was in Tullamarine yesterday - they had jerseys, beanies, a couple of different scarf designs (and some other gear too I think) - and at least 3 really big Kangaroos signs with Gaz on them. Great to see!

aids

Bench
i've got the old style jersey, gold v's and the aRL logo
i don't mind the new kangaroo logo but it'll grow on me.
i'll pick up a hat at the game next weekend

Jeffles

Bench
The F1 supporters shop (I think that's the name) next to EB Games on Elizabeth St, between Bourke and Collins, has a good range of Kangaroos gear. They have the jersey, caps, scarves, shirts and shorts. I was in there on the 20th and bought some shorts.

yakstorm

First Grade
Some more new gear has been made available on the NRLshop.com website for the Kangaroos. I quite like it, it has a very 'retro' feel to it.

cherry pie

Juniors
cant find the new stuff anywhere in the uk there all selling last years jersey! anybody know anywhere?