What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kangaroo squad

Fibroman

First Grade
Some notable omissions, but that's what happens when a coach has the final say for the selection panel.

A gould coached origin side has a distinct rooster flavour about it. A Bennett coached national side has a distinct Bronco/Qld flavour about it.

The stand out inclusion for me is that of Toni Carroll. He is experienced and versatile, but there are a lot better back rowers going around.

Razor

Coach
angelus said:
Gidley better then Tate? :lol: :clap:

I'm glad you're not picking the team Razor, you have no idea.

I've said it 100 times. Tate is the most over-rated player in the game. Tahu is the 2nd most over-rated player in the game.

Tha fact that Tonnie Carrol was picked in the sqaud shows what a farce this team is.

Nugby

Juniors
A gould coached origin side has a distinct rooster flavour about it. A Bennett coached national side has a distinct Bronco/Qld flavour about it.

So when are Nathan Brown or Lang going to get their turns? :lol:

Having said that, I never want to see Rhys Wesser play England again

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
angelus said:
Gidley better then Tate? :lol: :clap:

I'm glad you're not picking the team Razor, you have no idea.

I've said it 100 times. Tate is the most over-rated player in the game. Tahu is the 2nd most over-rated player in the game.

Tha fact that Tonnie Carrol was picked in the sqaud shows what a farce this team is.

Anybody who actually watched any Broncos games would know Carroll was the Broncos best forward for the last half of the season.

On Tate, and Tahu, purely your opinion, we don't have to agree with it. Can't say I've ever seen you call Tahu that over rated before, let alone over rated.

Razor

Coach
Can't say I've ever seen you call Tahu that over rated before, let alone over rated.

I suggest you read a bit more

Anybody who actually watched any Broncos games would know Carroll was the Broncos best forward for the last half of the season.

Civo was clearly the best Broncos forward. On form alone I wouldn't put Webcke in, but he's been there before so deserves to go. Carroll hasn't been close to as good as Timmins, and other players form. Anyone who has watched the other clubs games would know that.

MadDogMason

Juniors
What a joke atleast if Orford wasnt selected than pick Sherwin...Kimmorley OMG what a joke LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is Hazem also???

JJ

Immortal
Looks to me like the unluckiest players were (in no particular order) excluding the injured

Orford, Timmins (although I have no problem with Carroll - he's been in great form and was born in NZ, nothing more than that), Waterhouse, Kennedy, Gidley, and to some extent Clinton and Luke Bailey.

The luckiest - Crocker and Kimmorley stand out for me - I really can't see hyow Crocker (who's solid, but that's about it) offers more than Waterhouse, Kennedy or Timmins (well he offers much the same as Timmins, but Waterhouse and Kennedy are much much better players than Crocker). Orford is just flat out a better player and in better form than Kimmorley - I realise he has performed well for Australia, but no loyalty has been shown to Timmins, Waterhouse and Clinton (who played very well against the Kiwis)

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Did you know Clinton was asked to play for kiwis before the roo's last time around before he was selected for Aus. Im not whinging im just saying it's intresting

JJ

Immortal
doogiehowser_md said:
Did you know Clinton was asked to play for kiwis before the roo's last time around before he was selected for Aus. Im not whinging im just saying it's intresting

Yeah I knew that, our selectors have asked many players with clear and less clear links over the years to play for the Kiwis - people such as Carroll, Clinton, the Cayless brothers, Tahu, Hunt, Webb etc.

I think if they have to be coerced than clearly they shouldn't be playing for the Kiwis.

It'll be interesting to see what Brad Thorn does - he should be elligle via residency and birth to play for the Kiwis, and will struggle to make the Kangaroos

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
[[/quote]

It'll be interesting to see what Brad Thorn does - he should be elligle via residency and birth to play for the Kiwis, and will struggle to make the Kangaroos[/quote]

I would say Australia since he's already played for them in the past but you never know Coach Anderson might pull CARROLL wouldnt that be a classic. Does anyone know the status of Maitua I heard when approached to play kiwis he said he didnt have enough pride to wear the kiwi jersey but then I heard Hugh McGahan on Radio sport saying he mite be the suprise selection. Maybe a change of heart? or maybe Good ol Hugh saying things about things he knows nothing about(remember the things he said about Anderson and the polynesian boys) I suppose all will be revealed today. I hope Johnathan Thurston wants to play

Greenblooded

Juniors
I rate Tate highly, there was no way Monas was ever going to be selected. He was lucky to be playing 1st grade at the back end of the season ;-)

aids

Bench
this thread should now be about picking your own austrlian team
:)

1. Hodgeson
2. Sing
3. Cooper
4. Tonga
5. Lewis
6. Gower
7. Orford
8. Price
9. Buderas
10.O'Meley
11. Ryan
12. Hindmarsh
13. Norton

14. Bowen
15. Mason
16. Skandalis
17. Talis

drake

First Grade
I'm really not sure what the selection criteria is for these tours. It doesn't seem that having a great season is all there is to it.

Kiwi

First Grade
Waterhouse, Kennedy and Gidley have done sweet f**k all this year. Kennedy has been injured for most of it, Waterhouse wasn't as good this year as he was last year, Gidley I don't think so.

The only two players I think should have gone but didn't are Orford and Timmins. With Crocker and Kimmorley not deserving to go.

Kiwi

First Grade
I would still say that ALL the backrowers selected had better years.

drake

First Grade
Especially with Gower playing 1/2, Waterhouse should have been selected.

Latest posts