What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos vs Lions next week...

JK

mancity21.jpg

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It's about time International League returned to state of the art stadiums outside Australia.

Fingers crossed it will be a sell-out.

DIEHARD

----
I can't wait for the big match!

AUSTRALIA v GREAT BRITAIN!!! :p

It will sell out for certain.

The Clan

Juniors
Tidus_Raider said:
It's about time International League returned to state of the art stadiums outside Australia.

Fingers crossed it will be a sell-out.

The KC Stadium, McAlpine Stadium, JJB Stadium & Reebok Stadium are all state of the art and have been the four venues for almost all of the Internationals played in GB for the last 5 years or so.

The Observer

Staff member
Jeffles said:
Not that the playing field is 116.5m long. So we may see a full length field and decent in goals.

No, it appears that the playing field is 116.5 yards long, which is 106.5 metres long. That would allow 3m ingoals and no run off.

Even 116m is too short that would allow maybe 6m ingoals with 2m run off on either side. The SFS pitch is 155m long - this allows for 100m pitch, 12m ingoals, 15m run off on either side.

Just what is the RFL doing when new stadia like this and the JJB are being built? Hopefully Wembley has dimensions fit for RL, but I doubt it.

Jeffles

Bench
Oops. My fault. I just expect that every website outside the states is metric.

The RFL don't build stadiums. Nor should they. They don't have the cash. Soccer clubs pay for them so you have to deal with that. Soccer clubs wouldn't dare build Rugby sized pitches. Fans would complain about the distance behind the goals. Small in goals. I don't care. At least we get to see footy in these big stadiums. Be thankful for that. Live with it.

kier

Juniors
Until the rest of the world decides to adopt the NRL policy of identical pitch sizes why should the RFL worry about the dimensions? This topic has never-ever mattered in the past!!!!

The Observer

Staff member
Jeffles and kier, pitch size is important to player's safety and the standards of international matches. I made the point here on RLFANS.com:

http://195.20.109.56/rlfans/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7405835#7405835

The RFL don't build stadia, but RL clubs are going into partnership with soccer clubs to build stadia - Wigan is one example, Hull another. In other cases, the new Wembley is being built as a multi purpose stadium which will feature two big RL matches per year.

Jeffles

Bench
Pitch size isn't important because of safety. It's the surrounds of the pitch itself.

The topic was about how much is inside the chalk, not what's outside it.

Nevertheless you raise a good point.

t-ba

Post Whore
Wembley is one of those new fangled modular Stadiums. It can be stretched out to accomodate a Running Track.