What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karl McNichol

ByRd

First Grade
This better not be true, Our managment has been doing this enough without anyone making a big deal of it, wtf is wrong with them??? We are letting all our best young players leave, why the hell is this, if this is true i want an explanation from our managment as to the reason why he wasnt re-signed becasue i think us fans have just had enough of this bullsh!t, well i have at least, annoys the sh!t outta me!!!

McLovin

Staff member
f**k i'd pay that much for hype. Good stuff Sharks (or should i say, Ricky?)...

Dogaholic

First Grade
Illegal Immigrant said:
Not sure how accurate that figure is, a huge amount for someone yet to play FG.

In saying that a huge talent and a great buy in my opinion.

It would be 100% spot on. The guy is very reliable. He does the dogs website.

As for value for money...

For someone who has only played 9 PL games it seems a bit steep. He could come trumps but could not as we all know with young prospects.

Only time will tell mate.

ouwet

Bench
ppffft... If that figure is correct i back the Bulldogs in not signing him up! He is unproven!! There have been so many player's who carve up in the juniors but can't make the step up! This is the reason why Cronulla will always be crap... Only idiot's would throw that much money for someone unproven.

Wobbygong

First Grade
gee you blokes are leaking quality players badly................

Thurston, Anasta (oops hes crap) Myles, Asotasi, O'Meley - that's some of the best talent in the NRL.

On McNichol trust me I've seen him play you blokes will be spewing (in years to come) that the club let this kid go

Wobbygong said:

Thurston, Anasta (oops hes crap) Myles, Asotasi, O'Meley - that's some of the best talent in the NRL.

On McNichol trust me I've seen him play you blokes will be spewing (in years to come) that the club let this kid go

Could not have happened to a better club :lol:

Yep, I think he will go on to shine.

bulldog

Bench
Illegal Immigrant said:
Could not have happened to a better club :lol:

That's because there is no better club. Thanks for noticing.:cool:

Look at who we still have on the books, theres no way we can pay top dollar for all those players and still hope to bring more through. When the Sharks are willing to throw $200k a year at a kid with 9 PL games under his belt it's no wonder some of our big guns are walking away for huge $$$$.

ozzie

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
I won't believe his gone untill it's official.

If his gone, he is the guy who would of been a star. Cronulla cannot produce quality players.

hmm rogers, pierce, burke, and a host more they never developed...lol

ouwet

Bench
ozzie said:
hmm rogers, pierce, burke, and a host more they never developed...lol

I'm talking about stars... Not good players only recognised in the Shire (With the exception of ET and Rogers senior).

ShineDog

Juniors
This club's players have shown great loyalty in general , when committing to stay at Canterbury......However, of late IMO some players are taking the greedy road and ending up in a much worse situation. Sometimes it can really help to stick around a winning culture, great mateship and great development structure.

bulldog

Bench
I'm assuming Karli Filiga released by the Sharks for personal reasons is this guy, hope he can get back on track, there were some huge wraps on this kid back when the Sharks nabbed him.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I'm assuming Karli Filiga released by the Sharks for personal reasons is this guy, hope he can get back on track, there were some huge wraps on this kid back when the Sharks nabbed him.
Let's hope he can produce just like he once did when at the bulldogs, sharks treated him like crap, didn't give the guy an opportunity, played him in nsw cup and 20s all season last year when he should have been playing NRL from around round 6 or 7, should have stayed after his debut, was very solid and strong on his debut and took some stopping, puletua and pritchard struggled to put him down in a tackle thats how strong the kid is.

If the dogs have picked him up then i am happy for the dogs and karl because i feel both parties will be happy.

Cronulla a big mistake to let him go, just another move by ricky stuart that will backfire.