What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt tells NZ

Johns Magic

Referee
Selwyn Petterson (New Zealand selector) announced that Hunts manager confirmed that K.Hunt( )wanted to play for Queensland

That's very disappointing and is just another blow for NZ. If this continues then the gap between NZ and Australia is just going to keep getting bigger. Born in your country, raised in your country, PLAY for your country!

Booyah

Bench
ThrashViking said:
Selwyn Petterson (New Zealand selector) announced that Hunts manager confirmed that K.Hunt( :lol: )wanted to play for Queensland on national television

That's a damned shame for N.Z then. merkin has a lot of potential for sure, and it's a bit of a blow for them to lose him.

I admire his courage but, it's not easy to turn your back on your own country.

Anonymous

Juniors
What a little merkin. I'm sorry but that's all I can say for him. Disgraceful decision. Hope he never makes it for either country to be honest, when a decision like that is made.

Noel

Juniors
He would regret the decision in the unlikely event he was seriously injured, on or off the field, and could not play again or perform at a high level. There are a lot of great players who never got the chance to play international football.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
He obviously feels a closer bond to Australia than NZ. All I can say is that IO respect his decision cos a lot of people (especially at such a young age) would have taken the first jumper handed to them. To declare he'd rather have a maroons one (even though it wont be for several years) rather than a kiwi one shows his determintation

Anonymous

Juniors
Closer bond? Get real. It's called having wayne bennet in your ear. Let's not sugar coat it, he'd prefer to betray his country and play at the "highest level". He's got a kiwi accent. I hope he doesn't play for Australia, I don't want him representing me.

Latest posts