What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael hunt!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Apparently there is strong talk of it on channel 9 Frank.....have to wait for the press conference i guess.
If he signs it will be one of the craziest code switches of all time

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Ridiculous if true. One of his main reasons for not re-signing with the Broncos was that he was sick of the life in Brisbane. Gold Coast aint that far away.

JW

Coach
Dear Karmichael,

Kindly return Sirs Hannant, Ennis and several others before you find your home in Boggerball.

Kind Regards.

Twigg

Juniors
I thought he wanted to see different cultures with his girlfriend and get out of the fishbowl.

This is just crazy.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Can he at least play for us in 2010? I got the opinion from the media that he wanted to get away from Brisbane. Very shocked!!!

It will be interesting to see how he goes in AFL. I thought he would be too slow and he currently never catches the ball like an AFL player (i.e. never with his hands, always in the chest).

Dazzat

First Grade
What happened to seeing Europe with his girlfriend? Obviously just a red herring.

This smacks as a Mundine-type move ... maybe something to prove? Dunno.

What I can say is that the two sports are incredibly difficult to move between. I've played both and found Aussie Rules a completely different dynamic ... apart from the oval ball there is really no comparison between the two.

Could it be that the AFL have forsaken their salary cap to lure Hunt, all in the name of defeating the enemy (rugby league) on the Gold Coast? Surely he must be on better money than the Broncos offered?

hellteam

First Grade
How ridiculous... looks like he didn't want to get out of the 'fishbowl' of Brisbane after all. Now all he's going to have is MORE publicity.

Not much chance to see the world playing AUSTRALIAN rules football either. Gives him no opportunity to go there later if he actually becomes an AFL player.

On Fox sports before they were saying bookies were paying $1.50 to never actually play a game of AFL and $2.40 to set foot on an AFL field.

Hopefully he fails and comes back

salivor

First Grade
I used to have a heap of respect for this bloke but after last year's incident, his half hearted performances this year, selling us a lie about why he was leaving the Broncos and now defecting to our major competitor, all I have to say is don't let the door hit you on the way out Karmichael.

salivor

First Grade
Hopefully he fails and comes back

I don't want him back. He's got a year until he converts to AFL but instead of staying in league he'll probably prance about playing Union in Japan. That's at least 2 years in his prime that he's just thrown away, was a monumental waste of talent.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Gutted.

Best of luck to him in the future. Hopefully our door will remain open when he ineveitably returns to the NRL.

JW

Coach
Gladly, but IMO in Qld Cup as Josh Hoffman's backup.

Away from the fishbowl and all.

badav

Bench
What incentive would there have been for Hunt to stay at the Broncos or even in the NRL. He'd already soiled his future captaincy prospects and there was nothing else for him to do in league.

And to all you blokes bagging him because you think he lied to everyone. How many things has hunt actually said?? He may have said the prospect of travelling appeals to him (wow what a surprise for a person whos 22) but i dont think i've ever seen him actually say anything about wanting to get out of a fishbowl in Brisbane. I think maybe some of you have been reading too many newspapers, and you have to remember that most of what they write is rubbish, speculation or 3rd hand information.

Last edited:

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
What incentive would there have been for Hunt to stay at the Broncos or even in the NRL. He'd already soiled his future captaincy prospects and there was nothing else for him to do in league.

Hunt hasn't held the number 1 jersey for queensland or australia consistently and would struggle to be ranked in the top 5 fullbacks in the league. To suggest there is nothing left for him to achieve is idiotic.

The incentive to stay at the Broncos was the 400k a season he was offered and a bit of loyalty. This guy in the end chose to leave the club that developed him for more money.

hellteam

First Grade
Anyone have any idea how much he'd be getting paid to play afl? Can't imagine it'd be anywhere near ad much as he'd get in league/union

Latest posts