What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael hunt!!

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I thought it would be MASSIVE!

Given that the top afl players are around the 1m mark he'd probably be on a bit more than if he were to stay in the NRL. Plus his most likely going to be the face of the Gold Coast team, so the sponsorship dollars would most likely be big as well. I can't imagine anyone with any sense would change codes unless the dollars were there. Especially Hunt, given how much his shown he'll be swayed by the almighty $.

badav

Bench
Hunt hasn't held the number 1 jersey for queensland or australia consistently and would struggle to be ranked in the top 5 fullbacks in the league. To suggest there is nothing left for him to achieve is idiotic.

You do realise than 90% of players that play first grade the game do not achieve in a first grade career what Hunt has already done at age 22. How many guys have you heard say that what they play for is to win a premiership. Lots of players don't experience that in their whole career.

Why would he be that motivated to win back a QLD #1 jersey when he has already played in 4 series wins for f**ks sake. Same goes for Australia. He's already played 10 tests.

Im sure Isreal Folau will burn out in the same kind of way. Its what happens when too much happens for young guys too quickly.

Dazzat

First Grade
Hunt hasn't held the number 1 jersey for queensland or australia consistently and would struggle to be ranked in the top 5 fullbacks in the league.

Maybe you need to start supporting AFL yourself because you obviously have no idea about rugby league.

user_nat

Coach
Pretty much the shock of the century, who would have guess he would go to AFL.

I don't understand how they can afford to offer him such money for a completely unproven player.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Maybe you need to start supporting AFL yourself because you obviously have no idea about rugby league

Lol- nice pot shot but let me qualify my comment. Billy Slater, Kurt Gidley, Brett Stewart are all better players than Hunt. Boyd has it over him on form this season, as does Luke Patten... hence Hunt struggles to make the top 5 fullbacks in the competition.

BTW- i wont be following Hunt to AFL.. but it sounds like a fan boy like yourself will be the ones that the GC17 will want to get flowing through the gates.

I can't wait to see his first 'hop step' in AFL.. I wonder if it will be as successful as it has been in league.

user_nat

Coach
Lol- nice pot shot but let me qualify my comment. Billy Slater, Kurt Gidley, Brett Stewart are all better players than Hunt. Boyd has it over him on form this season, as does Luke Patten... hence Hunt struggles to make the top 5 fullbacks in the competition.
I wouldn't say Gidley is a better fullback than Hunt, better player overall though. Hayne I would say is better though on recent form. Don't think Hunts really been any worse than Boyd or Pattern this year. He is the leading full back for try assist.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

BTW- i wont be following Hunt to AFL.. but it sounds like a fan boy like yourself will be the ones that the GC17 will want to get flowing through the gates.

I can't wait to see his first 'hop step' in AFL.. I wonder if it will be as successful as it has been in league.

No I agree, you clearly have no idea about RL.

tezzah1

Juniors
Fans of league are disappointed and rightly so but as a person who doesnt want a new challenge, more money and abit of attention? He can try something new whilst the next would be 'Hunt' will be in line waiting for his chance.

Come on guys quit the funeral and hating, and join the 'you had a great stint in league' party! Rugby league will live on another 100 years and people will forget Hunt ever existed after the next full back superstar comes through.

Mundine, SBW, Wing, Hunt... the list will grow with our game becoming popular! Long live Rugby league!!!

Mr Saab

Referee

Billy Slater and Gidley are so over exposed in the media it is not funny....and with media i am talking about commentators who blow their load over them. Slater is MISTAKE riddled. He plays like his team is up by 20 each time. I love watching him play so i can laugh at his schoolboy errors.

Gidley is the best utility, as was Jason Croker for a period of time, but has never cemented any position and excelled in it.
Yes he made origin, but he would have only been there because Stewart was injured...otherwise he would have been on the bench in his rightfull place as a utlity.

Boyd and Patten are safe, but thats about it....

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I see this as a good result for Brisbane. Hunts lack of commitment has been obvious. So we lose an overrated underachieving player, and gain some salary cap room. And hopefully Hunt will feel compelled to put a dig in for the rest of the year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
hunt.jpg