What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaufusi In Maitua Out

yobbo84

Coach
DJH said:
Just heard. Don't know if it has been reported.

Poor Price

No, it's worse... ANTHONY TUPOU! Poor Price.

The Australian team is:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Matt King
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Justin Hodges
5. Greg Inglis
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Willie Mason
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Luke O’Donnell
14. Mark O’Meley
15. Shaun Berrigan
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Brent Kite

www.souths.com.au

Pistol

Coach
What a load of codswallop

Tupou before Thaiday???

bringing in Kaufusi ahead of Myles, Webb, Gallen, Thompson....

Mr Saab

Referee
Tupou in there is a joke.
They said in 2004/5 that Bennett selections smacked of bias, well this one is an all time number one bias selection.

Tupou has been in great form for the chooks all year, but still, there has to be a lot of bias in that selection, lets see how he goes, I hope for his sake he has a good game.

LESStar58

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Is Kaufusi a QLDer??

Good selection, though I still cant work out what Price has done.

Yep. NZ born, Tongan parentage bt raised in bundaberg. he's Maroon.

andrew057

First Grade
I think Tupou will step up, great hard runner with alot of agression. But def does not belong in the team in front of Thaiday.

Gibbo

Juniors
I have a feeling this is a massive shock to Kaufusi as well-i saw him and Michael Crocker in a well known Gold Coast night spot on Saturday night (and yes they were behaving themselves and seemed like good blokes), and i have to say playing footy seemed like the last thing on his mind.
It was pretty classic actually-they were just being quiet at their own table and then,no joke,Tina Turner's Simply the best came on and they both started belting it out at the top of their lungs and dancing around. Was quiet funny seeing as Michael Crocker had a crutch in one hand.

mattyg

Bench
WTF!! Price was extremely unlucky not to get a spot in the starting 17, let alone the squad. And now a 2nd forward breaks down and he still doesn't get a go. No wonder we lost last years series with the minds of some of the selectors.

Sanchez

Coach
a few good games and kaufusi gets selected.countless others spill their guts for seasons for no result. the mind boggles

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Topou will carve.. In all honesty, he offers far more to the bench to the one dimensional Thaiday.. They want a ball playing forward who can play in the backrow to fill Ryan's role on the bench.. Not a head down, bum up prop.. It is not surprising though to see the Bronco's fans up in arms.. They must live with permanent chips on their shoulders..

Tommy Smith

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Tupou in there is a joke.
They said in 2004/5 that Bennett selections smacked of bias, well this one is an all time number one bias selection.
As i said in another thread:

Sam Thaiday --------------------Anthony Tupou
3 offloads-----------------------61 offloads
2 trys, 1 try assists-------------4 trys, 3 try assists
7 line breaks, 2 line break assists--9 line breaks, 5 line break assists

Enough said. Thaiday is a hard hitting, talented young player but Tupou is an absolute freak. The most damaging bench player in the game along with SBW. Make no mistake about it, forwards of his skill, speed and power do not come along very often.

A very smart selection and one that will cause havoc. Im amazed that so many people cant see the immense danger and advantage of having Toops on the bench.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
As i said in another thread:

Sam Thaiday --------------------Anthony Tupou
3 offloads-----------------------61 offloads
2 trys, 1 try assists-------------4 trys, 3 try assists
7 line breaks, 2 line break assists--9 line breaks, 5 line break assists

Enough said. Thaiday is a hard hitting, talented young player but Tupou is an absolute freak. The most damaging bench player in the game along with SBW. Make no mistake about it, forwards of his skill, speed and power do not come along very often.

A very smart selection and one that will cause havoc. Im amazed that so many people cant see the immense danger and advantage of having Toops on the bench.

Statistics hey? They dont tell you everything about a player.
I hope for his sake he plays well, otherwise the knives will be out, just like they were for Bennett in 2005 when some of the players he picked didnt perform.

Latest posts